Concierge Class questions

cruisinstacey

Hello Everyone! I am going on my first Celebrity Cruise on March 10! I have cruised a lot (mostly Princess and Disney, but also Carnival and RCCL). My mom and I took advantage of the Concierge Class only being $100 more and we now have a couple questions!

1. What time should we get to the port to take advantage of the early embarkation?

2. Does the priority dining only apply to specialty restaurants or does that include the anytime dining (sorry, I know it's not called that, but I'm drawing a blank haha)

3. Can anyone give me any other tips to fully enjoy my cruise, concierge related or not!

4. My 4 year old wants to know if there will be trivia haha (that is one of her favorite parts of a Princess cruise!)

There will be plenty of trivia; on my last Celebrity cruise (Millennium) they had 3-4 trivia sessions per day.

Some of the Concierge Class perks are real, some are fluff. The priority dining really has no meaning. You can arrive at the port the same irregardless if you have priority embarkation or not - all priority embarkation means is that there is a special line for check in. Since often half the ship (sometimes more) has priority embarkation, the general boarding line may be shorter. I like to arrive at port around 10:15-10:30am; if the prior sailing arrived on time and cleared customs without delay then they start checking people in soon after 10am on most sailings and boarding often is underway a little before 11am (keep in mind boarding sometimes can be delayed until afternoon).

The best perks of Concierge Class are slightly larger stateroom (M-Class only), expanded room service menu (free fresh squeezed juices and fruit smoothies and a couple other items), nicer towels and bedding, footstool for balcony furniture (not sure if this is S-Class only or M-Class and Century too), nicer shower head in your bathroom, bottle of sparkling wine waiting in your stateroom when you board, fruit bowl and small flower arrangement in your room, and extra credit towards Captain's Club (loyalty program). The rest of the perks are either fluff (i.e. sound nice, but don't really have any discernable meaning) or most find to be not a big deal (i.e. the afternoon canapes most take a pass on after the first day).

Concierge class will offer the nicer tote-bags, ie the ones offered to suite passengers. Since you are traveling with your mother, nicely ask the stateroom attendant for two, and they may be able to supply a second bag.

At least in suites the canapes can be substituted with either a cheese plate or shrimp cocktails if you don't find them to your liking. There will not be the afternoon tea service offered to suites.

Concierge class will offer the nicer tote-bags, ie the ones offered to suite passengers. Since you are traveling with your mother, nicely ask the stateroom attendant for two, and they may be able to supply a second bag.

I generally cruise with my sister or a friend. We've always received two of the good tote bags.

You also receive nicer toilet amenities and the pillow menu ( which I love) and you get the heavier more plush bathrobes (for me they are too hot). They sometimes also have 2 hairdryers. On Millenium class ships the balconies are also larger.

Thanks for posting this question, and thanks for all the replys.

We will also be doing X for the first time in May, Alaska on the Infinity and have a C1 aft balcony.

Looking forward to some mre replys...and the cruise!

You will LOVE that cruise. We did it two years ago. The aft balcony will be great for the inside passage sailing. Enjoy! :D

On the refurbished M-class you no longer get the footstool on the balcony in Concierge Class. Still have it on S-class. On M-class the larger room size is a definite plus so worth it, especially for $100 and an extra cruise credit! Also, fruitplate nice as they will replace what you eat throughout the week. Better location for most CC1 & CC2 cabins. We like the thicker towels and robes and this time we even had a pair of slippers left for us.

Have a great cruise!icon7.gif

My two cents on a couple of points. We never get to the port at the beginning of embarkation anymore. To each their own, but we found that getting there a little later (say 12:00-12:30) usually allows us to walk right on the ship. As has been said, that benefit is pretty worthless.

As far as canapes, agreed that they are nothing to write home about. What you can do, however, if you choose is to place a standing order through room service instead. We usually get a fruit, cheese, and cracker plate delivered around 4:00 which we have with our in-cabin wine (you are allowed to bring on two bottles per cabin without charge unless you bring them into the dining room in which case you are charge a ridiculous corkage fee).

I am in the group that feels CC rooms are nice, but not worth paying alot more for, especially on S class. That said, for $100 extra I would probably have gone for it as well. Enjoy!!

Just a point to note, the bedding is exactly the same quality in a concierge cabin as in a regular cabin.

I checked this last year when we sailed in a 1B rather than a CC cabin, as I have sensitive skin and the bedding in my CC cabin on the Eclipse the previous year was of a good quality. :)

Archived