Where to get hair bling?

I expect that most of the time during the day my hair will be out, but pulled back from my face. For elegant evenings, I am planning on doing an up-do. I realized that I don't have enough blingy hair accessories to make me happy and the offerings at Target are pretty meager. Anyone know a good place for things like jeweled combs or hair pins?

Do you have one of those "accessory" stores? They sell nothing but jewelry-type stuff, from actual jewelry, to hair stuff, to handbags...scarves...basically, they sell "bling"!

Hmm, I may have to go to the mall and find out. I haven't been actually IN the mall in over a year. I go into the Macy's anchor, and then come right back out.

When I was a teen I used to go to Claire's Boutique... I haven't thought about them in years.

I've gotten a few things at the Hair Boutique Marketplace (online) - pretty much anything, any color, any style and any price you can imagine...they have! Go to "Accessories" once you find the site (you can Google it, not sure if they want me posting the link here).

Ebay, if you're looking for something in particular. But, as suggested, Claires is good. Also, I get a lot of my stuff at Ulta. Someone suggested Bridal shops, but that can get pricey (unless you work at one, like me and can get it at cost, lol). Also, on one of my cruises, I looked at Sally and they said they didn't sell that sort of stuff - but I was in Sally a few weeks ago, and it seems, they have started to sell formal hair accessories. I think most department stores hair accessories, as well.

Francesca's is very affordable. If you have Steinmart in your area they also have a good selection.

If you're not going to wear it frequently then I would suggest staying away from the big department stores as their prices tend to be higher (and they have a better quality product).

Forever 21 is a great place to find inexpensive hair bling. It's geared toward the young set, but I'm 65 and I get lots of great accessories there! You can't beat the price for what you get.:D I used to only shop their with my young niece, but now I just boldly walk right in and shop away. :D

Nordstrom is my go-to when I need some hair decoration :)

Yes, and Loehmann's has some nice items including fascinator style headbands. It's time for me to look for Derby attire and just may look at adding a couple for the weekend.

Archived