New 2013 Cruises

MattyBarlow

Changing the focus a little bit, I've just remembered that the deck plans, etc, for Royal Princess (the new one) ought to become available when the 2013 Princess cruises go on sale. That's significant because I'm pretty sure that the new P&O ship, coming in 2015, will be as similar to Royal Princess as Ventura & Azura are to Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess. So we'll know a lot about her once the Princess 2013 schedule is published.

Dates and prices of RCI are available on some sites and with 2 ships out of Southampton with some different destinations and some very good prices, P & O and Cunard need to hurry up as RCI and Celebrity booking opens 19th March for past guests and 20th open to all. Not opening booking until April is not new but their schedules with prices were out this time last year and if the 24th March is correct Princess,RCI and Celebrity are way ahead of the game.:confused:

Dates and prices of RCI are available on some sites and with 2 ships out of Southampton with some different destinations and some very good prices, P & O and Cunard need to hurry up as RCI and Celebrity booking opens 19th March for past guests and 20th open to all. Not opening booking until April is not new but their schedules with prices were out this time last year and if the 24th March is correct Princess,RCI and Celebrity are way ahead of the game.:confused:

This has happened before.

Gan Canny

Dai

Changing the focus a little bit, I've just remembered that the deck plans, etc, for Royal Princess (the new one) ought to become available when the 2013 Princess cruises go on sale. That's significant because I'm pretty sure that the new P&O ship, coming in 2015, will be as similar to Royal Princess as Ventura & Azura are to Crown Princess, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess. So we'll know a lot about her once the Princess 2013 schedule is published.

There is already some data about the new Royal Princess on the Princess website, unfortunately the deck plans currently shown are for the old Royal, currently P&O Adonia.

However there are stateroom plans shown and sad to say the standard blacony cabins still come without a sofa, but there is a new category of de-luxe balconies as well as mini-suites, both with sofas.

There are no outside non balcony cabins shown.

There is already some data about the new Royal Princess on the Princess website, unfortunately the deck plans currently shown are for the old Royal, currently P&O Adonia.

I spotted that as well! Perhaps someone made a mistake. I remember that when the new Adonia was announced and then came into service, various websites (including this one) put up images of the former Adonia.

I wouldn't go RCI or Princess - too big, don't want to pay in dollars and pay 15% on mydrinks. Come on P&O, time you showed us the itineraries.

When you compare like for like, you may be surprised. If you get your credit card to convert the currency when you pay your onboard account, it works out considerably cheaper. The drinks measures are larger on Princess (don't take my word for it, check out the posts of other CCs on the Princess threads). The Captains Circle benefits are far more generous than the Portunus/Peninsular club fiasco. The food and service is better and the clientelle younger. What more could you ask for.

When you compare like for like, you may be surprised. If you get your credit card to convert the currency when you pay your onboard account, it works out considerably cheaper. The drinks measures are larger on Princess (don't take my word for it, check out the posts of other CCs on the Princess threads). The Captains Circle benefits are far more generous than the Portunus/Peninsular club fiasco. The food and service is better and the clientelle younger. What more could you ask for.

Princess has a great product and we have sailed with them more than any other line, but I have to disagree that onboard spend will work out considerably cheaper, I don't think so.

I am also surprised that so many people belittle the Portunus/Peninsular club benefits, I agree that some benefits, priority boarding, disembarcation lounge, minibar set up, and free internet kick in at a lower tier on Princess, but all of these pale into insignificance when you factor in the 5 to 10% discount on the onboard spend that you get with P&O.

IMO the main benefit that Princess has is that generally the Brits are in the minority, and often their cruises are cheaper than P&O.

Good company.

btw what fiasco?

Archived