Good Hotel In Long Beach, CA?

RWC123

There is good info in the West Coast departures board here on CC.

Hotel Maya is very close and has a park and fly package for around 119 or 129/night, which includes a shuttle to the port. Otherwise it is about 1/2 mile. It is a Doubletree property. You need the Carnival code which can be found in the West Coast departures board.

Queen Mary is right next to the Carnival dock. They often have better rates available at various travel sites than booking directly. From there, you would just check in on Queen Mary (for Inspiration) or walk 2 minutes (for Splendor) in the morning to check in.

Need to decide on a hotel in the LB area (near port) for one night prior to sailing on the Splendor in June. Would appreciate any feedback. Thanks!

Hotel Maya by doubletree use the carnival code and you get a very good price plus if you drive you can park for the week for free.They will also take you to the pier and pick you up after the cruise if you parked at the hotel. It is very close to the pier. Another choice is the long beach residence inn with a buffet breakfast and it is next door to the hotel maya.

I've had god luck with the Crowne in San Pedro (just north of Long Beach), very close to where the RCI ships used to sail from. The hotel used to be a Sheraton. Close to Sea Port Village, although a little long to just walk down. Considered a 3 1/2 star on Priceline. Rack Rate was $149 last time I stayed there, got it for $73 + tax.

My amazing husband and I stayed on the Queen Mary, we absolutely LOVED it. Such fantastic customer service, the whole ship was a great adventure to explore and you can check in early from the QM. We travel to port by Amtrak and Amtrak California drops us off right in front of the hotel. Hope that helps.

We've stayed at the Long Beach Hilton for our last Splendor cruise. We drive to port and they have a good deal for their park and cruise package including parking for 8 days and a shuttle to and from the dock. It's a nice hotel and you can see the Splendor when docked from your ocean view room. :D

We stayed in the Maya for our Inspiration cruise in January. The hotel was nice and loved the park and stay package. We walked to the Queen Mary for early check in. Went back to the hotel,and took the shuttle to the pier with our luggage at 11:30. We pretty much able to walk on the ship without waiting. We are planning on doing the same thing in May on Splendor.

Just got off the phone with the Maya Hotel....standard rate was $259 told them I was sailing CC and the rate was $139...not bad I guess. I will be traveling with family of six from PA and need two rooms.... I am trying my best to keep the extra cost to a minimum.

We stayed at the Maya last year. The free passport shuttle to downtown stops here and is a very nice ride. The restaurant in the hotel has amazing seafood crepes. I might have to go back again someday just for those.

We flew into LA & took the Lite-train to Long Beach (around $5 one way)

I believe we stayed at the Radison downtown, very nice & reasonable...

The Red Bus is free so easy to get around, even the Wal-Mart downtown...

Several restraunts & Pizza...

The free Red Bus takes you to the cruise terminal...

Bob & Kathy

We flew into LA & took the Lite-train to Long Beach (around $5 one way)

I believe we stayed at the Radison downtown, very nice & reasonable...

The Red Bus is free so easy to get around, even the Wal-Mart downtown...

Several restraunts & Pizza...

The free Red Bus takes you to the cruise terminal...

Bob & Kathy

Please give us the info on the Lite-train. I have never heard of it. There is public transportation from the airport to Long Beach but it can be confusing to get to.

http://socaltransport.org/tm_pub_start.php?place0=LAX&place1=Long+Beach+Transit+Center&timecrit0=AR&day0=THU&hour0=+10&min0=+03&ampm0=A&fare=RG&evaluateButton=+Plan+My+Trip

I wouldn't do it with luggage, etc for 6 people. I have used the metrolink/metrorail/passport trains & busses to get to cruises in Long Beach when traveling just with a few others.

--The 'red bus' is the free Long Beach Passport C shuttle.

http://www.lbtransit.com/services/passport.aspx

We won the Hyatt Regency Long Beach for $60 a night on a bidding site back in November.

The place was nice and there were lots of restaurants within walking distance. We could see the ship from the window in our room and it was less than a 5 minute ride to port. We did have to pay for parking and internet, so it really ended up costing us about $100 a night, but still...:)

We won the Hyatt Regency Long Beach for $60 a night on a bidding site back in November.

The place was nice and there were lots of restaurants within walking distance. We could see the ship from the window in our room and it was less than a 5 minute ride to port. We did have to pay for parking and internet, so it really ended up costing us about $100 a night, but still...:)

Is this parking for the time you're cruising also?

In other words, leaving your car at the hotel and avoiding the $15/day parking fee at the cruise port parking structure?

Archived