Door signs - Tacky?

We embark on my birthday.. and my 13 year old daughter wants to make a door sign that says "It's my birthday" or something similar..

I have heard of people doing this...

Read mised reviews about whether or not the doors ( Splendor ) are metal..

What is your opinion on door signs? ok? tacky?

Thanks !!!

When you have a door poster you know you are at your cabin room when you see your poster and you don't have to be searching for your number.

I have always put a door poster even at hotels so I can find my room very easily.

Cruise critic has a door poster you can also use.

My recent favorite door poster is one that says, "BEWARE OF THE DOG!"

I include a photo of my dog.lol. My cabin steward said that people put their ear next to the door to listen for the dog barking."

I used that poster at a Vegas hotel recently and I got a message from the front desk that I could move to another room... that is for dogs also.lol.

Next time I plan to tell the front desk of my poster in advance.

It is best to use that brown masking tape because it doesn't mark the door wall when you take it off.

No...it is not tacky because you will never see those people again and they don't financially support you and your family. So don't ever care

what people think. If Madona cared what people thought of her we wouldn't have had a clothes style change in the 1980's. Lady Gaga doesn't care either. These women are some of the trend-setters. LucyR.

I don't think it's tacky. We had fun with it our last cruise. Our roll call all decorated their doors. But the door was not metal. We used things that are like window clings, but meant for other flat surfaces. Sold at Wally world. It was fun, I believe our ship even had a door decor contest.

Yes, I think its tacky, but what to hell, somebody is having fun with it so why not. Its probably a good idea for those with real young children to help them find their cabin.

Love the "BEWARE OF DOG" idea. A cabin full of "Lounge Lizards" would only have to add an "S". :D

After a drink or 2(0) knowing my door say's "in here dummy" makes me feel all warm and tingly... and not a dummy to boot!

One year we were on the Sensation and used sidewalk chalk, had read about it on here. We "decorated" several doors:eek:

Do it! I decorate mine because it amuses ME. I don't really care what others think. Last cruise I came back to my cabin while people were reading my door. I was at the very front of the ship so all but people in 4 cabins had to go out of their way to behold my door. LOL

I use scotchtape. On splendor even the cheesy little CC door magnets didn't stay in place.

NOT tacky!

I'm getting married in August and will make posters for all my sailing guests... Some of them will very much need them the way we all party lol. Although it may give us a laugh if they get lost and durnk... I'm respectful of the other thousands of people on the ship.

Tell her to go for it! I like door decorations, it is festive and you don't get lost. (Though I've never done mine)

If she is staying in a cabin not with parents, I'd leave her age off of it, however.

The 13 yr. old is making the sign for her mother. The OP. ;)

Archived