Transfer from Dover to LHR

wopcan

To answer you, I think we need your time frame. Also, how many passengers you are.

For me, the best way is via a car transfer -- more economical with 3-4 couples than just two people, but if money is no object than you can hire a car for just the two of you. There are LOTS of services that do this transfer, and you can do a search here to get lots of recommendations.

If time isn't a problem and you don't mind schlepping luggage, then you can take the bus or the train! But I assume at the end of a cruise you want convenience, which brings you back to a car service.

However, whatever you decide -- it takes time to get from Dover to LHR. So do allow time. If there's traffic on the highway, you could be sitting in it for a long time.

Our most recent trip where we used a car service was coming home from the Midnight Sun service in August 2010. (The cruise ended in Copenhagen, but we visited a friend for a while near Aarhus, DK, and then came back to London.) Unfortunately, my computer ate my entire file so I don't know who we used on that trip.

I've been checking our previous London trip (June 2006) just to see who we used and so far I'm not sure. But we were 8 people -- 6 went into London, 2 to Heathrow, and the cost wasn't much different than if we'd all gone to the airport. Feel free to ask for more info if you need it in terms of recommendations!

Mura

We are 2 couples who needed round trip transfers from Heathrow to Dover and then return trip. We are using a company recommended by serveral on the roll call section of CC.

I am happy with their prompt responses and their price. Here is their e mail.

info@adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk

web site:

http://www.adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk

Please tell them that I recommended them--I think it always helps both parties to let the service know that they are being recommended on CC.

Mom C--Linda Cates, Fort Collins, CO

I think it always helps both parties to let the service know that they are being recommended on CC.

Yes, and knowing MomC personally, I'm sure that she answered this inquiry in the sincere spirit of helpfulness, unfortunately, requesting that the tour company be informed that she referred them is a Cruise Critic no no:

From the Community Guidelines:

"Postings that contain "tell them John sent you" will be removed without notice."

We are 2 couples who needed round trip transfers from Heathrow to Dover and then return trip. We are using a company recommended by serveral on the roll call section of CC.

I am happy with their prompt responses and their price. Here is their e mail.

info@adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk

web site:

http://www.adelphiexecutivehire.co.uk

Please tell them that I recommended them--I think it always helps both parties to let the service know that they are being recommended on CC.

Mom C--Linda Cates, Fort Collins, CO

MomC - have you actually USED Adelphiexecutivehire yet? Just wondering.

Thank you - Susan

Susan,

That's a good question. It does look like they haven't used Adelphi yet. BUT WE HAVE, and they were excellent.

They were there when we needed them and got us where we needed to go!

Mura

When we left Insignia in Dover (June 2006) we were four couples -- three were staying in central London but at three different hotels, and one was going to LHR. I don't recall WHO we used on that trip (I didn't set it up) but there was very little price differential between all four couples going one place, and having four of us go different places.

If you can find some more people needing transport from Dover at your roll call, it doesn't hurt to ask what it would cost!

Now if you have someone going to LHR and someone else going to Gatwick, the answer might be different!

Mura

We are on the same ship! We are also looking to transfers from Dover to LHR, but we are staying a night and departing 7/4.

If you post this on the Roll Call for your cruise, you will be more likely to find like minded fellow passengers. :D

We stayed overnight at a Heathrow airport hotel, so we had the whole day to travel from Dover to Heathrow. We used a company called Tours of the Realm, and spent time in Dover, Canterbury, Leeds Castle and drove around the back roads, stopping for a pub lunch. It was a great way to spend the day.

We need advice on the best way to get to LHR when departing Nautica on July 3, 2012.

Any suggestions would be welcome

wopcan

We have used Totally Driven.co.UK for our last several trips to London.

They are prompt, courteous and reasonable. The further out you book them (on line) the less expensive the fare.:)

Archived