Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

You are correct, Gordon Whatman is coming on to the Mariner on April 21st. This is for a smoother handover because of going to Asia. Steve Davis will still be leaving on May 6th but not sure for vacation or to another ship. This information was given to me from Steve.

Any idea where John Blair where be going since he isn't staying with Enchantment?

A few pages back, someone said that there was a rumor that he was going to Explorer. But, that doesn't make much sense, since Leigh was just assigned the regular CD position there, and won't even start that contract until April 7. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Looking at the Explorer of the Seas cruise on October 6. Any idea who the CD will be yet?

I've cruised with Richard Spacey as a CD and with Leigh as the activities manager and I think they're both great...

I'm hoping either one of them will still be on the ship then...

Looking at the Explorer of the Seas cruise on October 6. Any idea who the CD will be yet?

I've cruised with Richard Spacey as a CD and with Leigh as the activities manager and I think they're both great...

I'm hoping either one of them will still be on the ship then...

Well, Richard has been moved to Freedom, as the regular CD there, so it won't be him. Leigh is now the regular CD on Explorer. It's really too soon to predict if Leigh will be on the Oct 6 sailing, or if he'll be on his break and you'll get the as-yet-unknown covering CD.

A few pages back, someone said that there was a rumor that he was going to Explorer. But, that doesn't make much sense, since Leigh was just assigned the regular CD position there, and won't even start that contract until April 7. So, I guess we'll have to wait and see.

I enjoy cruising with him and Katrina. I know its posted that Jimmy Rhodes will be on Grandeur but I was kind of hoping Blairs would go back.

I enjoy cruising with him and Katrina. I know its posted that Jimmy Rhodes will be on Grandeur but I was kind of hoping Blairs would go back.

Maybe he will alternate with Jimmy on GR (or be the fill-in for Jimmy, and then for Leigh on EX). Either or both of these make sense, even though it is just speculation.

I didn't think a cruise director was important to my cruising experience until a recent cruise onboard the Voyager of the Seas.Our CD was Graham Seymour and I found him extremely funny.The day after disembarking Voyager I boarded Radiance of the Seas and I found that cruise quite dull.I missed the laughs.

Regards Elaine.

Agree, not really bothered re CD - but Graeme Seymour is outstanding as entertainer and singer! Very high profile on our sailings in the past and very funny!

In all our cruises, we have had only one CD where we thought he really improved our cruise experience. I'm thinking it makes a difference how involved you are in onboard activities. Probably if you do a lot of the game activities, you have more interaction with the CD.

RdB is a great CD, very personable and always in the heart of all activities, we really like him and would be pleased if he was CD on any cruise we take. :D

So anyone know Rico du Breil of GOS - upbeat personality? entertaining? interactive and fun? Will be sailing on April 24 from San Juan to Balt. with 6 island stops in E. Carribean.

Thanks for the info!:)

If Richard Spacey comes back to Freedom in April, any guesses when his vacation break will be? We are sailing October 13, 2013.

His contracts are usually 4 months on the ship followed by 2 months break, but this can vary by a week or so in either direction.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 (until sometime in April) Clo O'Connor will be covering the break (April through July, exact dates unknown at this time) *Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Brilliance OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started January 26, then Paul Lancaster beginning March 31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14 (until when?) *Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 (until when?) *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (April 21?)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton started November 22 until March 16 and returns May 26 through early September. Casey Pelter will be filling in for Joff from March 16 through May 26

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Legend OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be on Legend beginning Feb 6 until he moves to Grandeur on April 21

Liberty OTS - Leo Papa started Jan 5th. Rich Edwards should be returning from his break on April 8.

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet. *per Marc's FB page: Marc has tonsillitis, and if he is unable to work, then Erky from Turkey (the activities manager) is prepared to step up as CD to cover for Marc's sick days.

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo Jan 19 until March 30 then Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert started December 1st until March 30, then Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a one week overlap)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Graham Seymour January 8 until March 23rd. Then, Lixin Fang will be taking over the Asian season

Does any one know who will be CD on The Splendour when sailing in Europe ??

Just a guess but maybe Bill Brunkhorst? He was the Splendour CD for the European season last year, and he is currently on break and unassigned.

Anyone have any info on what Casey Pelter is like as CD, thanks.

Casey is great. I've had him as CD on Sovereign and Serenade. Easy to talk to if you see him around the ship. Runs a good Quest and Love and Marriage show. Glad to see he's still a CD on a RCI ship.

Jewel OTS - Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) starts Jan 5 until March 21, and again from July to Sept (exact dates needed) and will be alternating with Carly Boileau (March 21 through July, and back again in Sept).

Alternating?

Donna K: How can we find out who's on our sailing?:D

If your sailing is June 8, then it should be Carly. (We are sailing May 25 and expect to have Carly too.

Alternating?

Donna K: How can we find out who's on our sailing?:D

Wondering this too. We sail on April 22, and I'm really hoping for Dennis! How do you know, is it alternating cruises or a specific time period?

Wondering this too. We sail on April 22, and I'm really hoping for Dennis! How do you know, is it alternating cruises or a specific time period?

Carly will be the CD for April 22

Is it really that unclear? I guess I should re-word it.

Dennis is on Jan 5 until March 21

Carly is on March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown)

Dennis is on sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown)

Carly is back in September. (exact date unknown)

Carly will be the CD for April 22

Is it really that unclear? I guess I should re-word it.

Dennis is on Jan 5 until March 21

Carly is on March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown)

Dennis is on sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown)

Carly is back in September. (exact date unknown)

Thank you for clarifying! It was a bit unclear, the way it was worded made it seem that they would be alternating between March 21 and July.

Archived