Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Just got off the Independence, Casey stated he was getting off of the ship when we were, today. He said he was joining another ship in dubai (i forget which).

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 and left the ship on March 20. Activities Manager Jerome is now the CD, with Becky Smith as his assistant. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster beginning March 31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Casey Pelter filled in from March 16 through March 30. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September. Who is the current CD???

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet. *per Marc's FB page: Marc has tonsillitis, and if he is unable to work, then Erky from Turkey (the activities manager) is prepared to step up as CD to cover for Marc's sick days.

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Ken Jones April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 21 for the Asian season

Is Casey Peltier joining Serenade or Legend in Dubai at the beginning of April?

OK, as it gets closer to my Jewel cruise, I'm wondering how Carly is as a CD. It's been a long time since I've read any reviews/comment regarding her.

Opinions, please?

We had Carly on our Jewel Boston-Tampa 2011 cruise on Jewel. I have never had a better CD (granted, I've never sailed with the bigger names in RCL) and was saddened to learn that we had missed her by a few weeks on Mariner over Spring Break.

She is full of energy, a lovely bright personality and very invested in making the cruise as great as can be for everyone. If you get the chance or miss her line describing her accent, be sure to ask ;).

Adventure OTS - ...

Does anyone know if a list of the Activities Director is maintained for RCL on the boards? We had an awesome one and was wondering what his full name was to call out in our review. He was on Mariner OTS on our 3/17/13 sailing, everyone called him Cuddy.

I just asked DH about Casey he remembered Casey said he was joining the Serenade.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 and left the ship on March 20. Activities Manager Jerome is now the CD, with Becky Smith as his assistant. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Richard Spacey started February 1st until April 7 to cover Leigh Xuereb's break. Leigh will return as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Casey Pelter filled in from March 16 through March 30. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September. Who is the current CD???

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Monarch OTS - Marc Walker Nov. 16 until April 1 when Monarch leaves the fleet. *per Marc's FB page: Marc has tonsillitis, and if he is unable to work, then Erky from Turkey (the activities manager) is prepared to step up as CD to cover for Marc's sick days.

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Does anyone know if a list of the Activities Director is maintained for RCL on the boards? We had an awesome one and was wondering what his full name was to call out in our review. He was on Mariner OTS on our 3/17/13 sailing, everyone called him Cuddy.

No, I'm not aware of an Activities Manager List. I imagine that would be extremely hard to coordinate and maintain!

This is a very good thread, but just a small heads up that the repositioning cruise from Australia to Asia concluded on March 23, so aside from any behind the scenes changeover procedures Lixin would've started on the 23rd. We had Graham host the farewell show the night before and also present the disembarkation video on tv on disembarkation morning. :)

Enjoyed Graham as a CD, as he's moving to the Rhapsody I wonder if he'll be the CD in March next year? Too soon to tell, I think! ;)

This is a very good thread, but just a small heads up that the repositioning cruise from Australia to Asia concluded on March 23, so aside from any behind the scenes changeover procedures Lixin would've started on the 23rd. We had Graham host the farewell show the night before and also present the disembarkation video on tv on disembarkation morning. :)

Enjoyed Graham as a CD, as he's moving to the Rhapsody I wonder if he'll be the CD in March next year? Too soon to tell, I think! ;)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

No, I'm not aware of an Activities Manager List. I imagine that would be extremely hard to coordinate and maintain!

I want to say that his last name was Cuddleston or something like that, thus nicknamed Cuddy. Loved him, hoping to see him become a CD soon!

per Mitch Merucci's FB page:

- I am back to MJ May 17 for 8 weeks then TBA! I will post when I know

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

I want to say that his last name was Cuddleston or something like that, thus nicknamed Cuddy. Loved him, hoping to see him become a CD soon!

His name is Cuddy Cudworth. Met him on the Navigator in 2008 and 2009 married to Carol I think who worked in the Perfume shop. He and the activities team made our cruises so much fun. He is now on the Mariner would assume he is Activities Manager.

I trust you will be watching the threads to see when this happens? I'm curious to see who we will have at the end of the month. We had Ken last time in 2011 and I've never had Alan, unless he was on Voyager in 06, can't remember whom that was. If this isn't updated by May 5th, I'll let you know.

No more Monarch :(

I wonder who the first CD of the Quantum will be :D

I'm guessing they'll put one of their top CD's. Ken Rush often brings out new ships. Or Graham, or Richard.

I trust you will be watching the threads to see when this happens? I'm curious to see who we will have at the end of the month. We had Ken last time in 2011 and I've never had Alan, unless he was on Voyager in 06, can't remember whom that was. If this isn't updated by May 5th, I'll let you know.

LOL Bill! I do comb through all the threads, nearly every day, for info to update the list. I am grateful to all the people who help me out and report CD info here!

We had Allan on Allure, and thought he was great! The sailing was affected by Hurricane Irene, so the itinerary was altered, and lots of cruisers were preoccupied with their post-cruise plans (ie: flights) being canceled. Outdoor decks had to be closed at times due to high winds and rain. Allan did a great job of keeping the fun-factor going despite these issues.

I'm guessing they'll put one of their top CD's. Ken Rush often brings out new ships. Or Graham, or Richard.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed Ken takes it out but will be on vaca by the time I expect to go over the summer. Would LOVE to have Richard again. I know he really liked his time on Explorer because he liked going out of the NY area. Here's hoping that remains true and Quantum will replace Explorer.

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Donna,

It looks like both Ken Rush and Jimmy Rhodes are both free to attend the "Invitation Only" party in NYC for the Quantum of the Seas on April 16th. I wonder if either one of them might be going, and if that's an indication of things to come!?

Hope one of the Pinnacle members that's going and posts here on this thread will tell you who was there!

-Miriam

Still no idea on this one? We will be on the repositioning cruise up to Baltimore and just wondering who is leading us there! :D

Archived