Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Was talking to John Blair last week and he indicated that he and Katrina would be on the Explorer this summer. Thinking he was saying until September/October? I know he said he would be gone before our Thanksgiving cruise.

That would definitely affect my plans for my October cruise. Will be watching to see Donna's update's for definite dates. Then I can use that before my PIF decision! Thanks for the heads up!

Donna, Like I said before, this thread is invaluable to those of us that have a choice of cruises and want and/or like to use the Cruise Director as a one of the factors in helping to decide on which cruise to pick! Thanks again! - Miriam

That would definitely affect my plans for my October cruise. Will be watching to see Donna's update's for definite dates. Then I can use that before my PIF decision! Thanks for the heads up!

Donna, Like I said before, this thread is invaluable to those of us that have a choice of cruises and want and/or like to use the Cruise Director as a one of the factors in helping to decide on which cruise to pick! Thanks again! - Miriam

Thank you! Glad it helps!

Was talking to John Blair last week and he indicated that he and Katrina would be on the Explorer this summer. Thinking he was saying until September/October? I know he said he would be gone before our Thanksgiving cruise.

Explorer's regular CD, Leigh, returns tomorrow, so if he has a typical 4 month contract, that would take him through the beginning of August. If he has a typical 2 month break, that would place John there from the beginning of August through the beginning of October.

Hopefully, someone going out on the next Explorer sailing can ask Leigh how long he is staying, and if he expects to return again in the fall.

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 and left the ship on March 20. Activities Manager Jerome is now the CD, with Becky Smith as his assistant. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster beginning March 31

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7, then John Blair (early August through early October?)

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Casey Pelter filled in from March 16 through March 30. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September. Who is the current CD???

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Explorer's regular CD, Leigh, returns tomorrow, so if he has a typical 4 month contract, that would take him through the beginning of August. If he has a typical 2 month break, that would place John there from the beginning of August through the beginning of October.

Hopefully, someone going out on the next Explorer sailing can ask Leigh how long he is staying, and if he expects to return again in the fall.

Oh no! This is like heaven and hell! I love Leigh as a CD... can't stand John Blair... and I cruise October 6th!

How will the cards play out???:eek:

I think that would fit with what John was saying. IIRC, I have friends sailing at the end of July and he wasn't going to be on board yet, and, as I said, he will be gone before I board.

I'm not a big fan of the Blairs. This most recent cruise I found the CD/activities staff to be some of the worst I've run across (except for cool cash colin!). Fortunately, while a great CD (and staff) can enhance my vacation, I refuse to allow lesser quality to impact it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

As this was my reaction when I found out he was on this last cruise, as well as when I feared he would be on the explorer with us... I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

I finally decided the word I best describe them with is... plastic. I was shocked to watch him strut through boleros without acknowledging a single person.

Oh no! This is like heaven and hell! I love Leigh as a CD... can't stand John Blair... and I cruise October 6th!

How will the cards play out???:eek:

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Adventure OTS - Abel Jeney

[/color]

adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 and left the ship on March 20. Activities Manager Jerome is now the CD, with Becky Smith as his assistant. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

thank you.:):):)

who will be the CD on Freedom October 13,2013. Is it going to be Richard Spacey? We had Graham on our last cruise and he was fantastic. As long as it is NOT Ricky Matthews....

That one is harder to project because Richard is going straight from EX to FR without a break, so it's not a typical contract. Still, if he's 4 months on (in total) followed by 2 months off, then he should be there until approx. June 1st, and then again from Aug 1 - Dec 1.

Unless something changes to deviate from the usual schedule, which it often does. That's why I won't put it on the list until someone reports getting confirmation directly from the CD or the ship. (Not from RCI, because they are known for being inaccurate.)

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards started January 6 and left the ship on March 20. Activities Manager Jerome is now the CD, with Becky Smith as his assistant. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Allan Brooks started February 24 for approximately 2 months to cover, then Ken Rush expects to return from his break.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7, then John Blair (early August through early October?)

Freedom OTS - Drew Devine January 6 though April 14, then Richard Spacey (Richard is arriving on April 7, so there will be a week's overlap)

Grandeur OTS - Rico du Breil started Oct 26 *Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Casey Pelter filled in from March 16 through March 30. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September. Who is the current CD???

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, Gordon Whatman is coming to Mariner on April 21. (Will there be an overlap for a smoother transition between CDs, or will Steve be leaving earlier than originally noted?)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Paul Rutter Feb 11 through April 8, then Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Does anyone have an opinion on Rich Edwards from Liberty? I'm onboard June 30 and haven't really heard very much on him. We've been spoiled in the past with greats like Becky and Richard on FR and OA.

I know this board has at least 2 fans of Rich who have seen him grow into the CD position. ChipLondon (hi, David!) is the other one.

You won't be disappointed.

I'm also sailing on LB June 30 and I've already warned Rich that I'll be there with my extended family.:eek:

We had Anthony Richards last week on adventure 24/3 to 31/3 with Becky as his assistant

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards until April 21. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

I know this board has at least 2 fans of Rich who have seen him grow into the CD position. ChipLondon (hi, David!) is the other one.

I'm also sailing on LB June 30 and I've already warned Rich that I'll be there with my extended family.:eek:

Fantastic, looking forward to seeing you onboard. This will be my first Med cruise, so I am pretty excited.

Still looking for current CD info on Independence. Can anyone help?

Someone asked Joff on twitter if he'll be onboard early May and he replied that Rob McNally will be the CD (he also confirmed he'll be back onboard 26th May)

Someone asked Joff on twitter if he'll be onboard early May and he replied that Rob McNally will be the CD (he also confirmed he'll be back onboard 26th May)

Adventure OTS - Anthony Richards until April 21. Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Independence OTS - Rob McNally from March 30 through May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

We just came off the Indy from its last 8 day this spring as it left on the TA late this afternoon. The new CD is Jeffrey Arpin. He has only been onboard for two weeks. He originally was with RCL in 1989 as the CD on the Sovereign of the Seas and then on 9 more ships in the fleet. He "retired" from the ships in 2003 but he said the sea came calling agin and he is back onboard as of two weeks ago. He lives in Columbus, Ohio.

Independence OTS - Jeff Arpin started March 30. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

We also just came off the Indy with Jeff Arpin as the CD. We had fun with him. He was pretty witty and loved to make fun of himself as he was a bit "rusty". He recently returned to being a CD after a long layover, because the "bank wanted him to pay his mortgage". He was a very good host, very approachable. Would love to cruise with him again.

Thanks Beth, Yes Love Rich E, very energetic and a great welcoming smile :D

Archived