Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Just a guess, but last year, it was Bill Brunkhorst who alternated seasons with Joao. Maybe you can find Bill on social media and ask him there?

(RCI is notoriously inaccurate with CD info. The best source is from the CDs, or crew onboard the ships)

Thanks Donna

Last Galveston... Starting transatlantic crossing today and sign off in Barcelona May 6th!! Just been offered full time Cruise Director and going to the Brilliance for four months starting July 16th for a handover, taking over end of July through mid November!!! Baltic, Boston, and then to Tampa! Life is good!!!

Last Galveston... Starting transatlantic crossing today and sign off in Barcelona May 6th!! Just been offered full time Cruise Director and going to the Brilliance for four months starting July 16th for a handover, taking over end of July through mid November!!! Baltic, Boston, and then to Tampa! Life is good!!!

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush begins April 21

Brilliance OTS - Paul Lancaster beginning March 31. Steve Davis has been assigned as the regular CD. He arrives July 16th for the handover, and takes over at the end of July. His first contract will run through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Rob McNally (former activities manager) for the Transatlantic (April 7 sailing) Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Dan Whitney (dates?)

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Steve Davis Feb.10 - May 6th, then Gordon Whatman

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21 (Unknown if Simona is returning, or if another CD will be taking over)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

Vision OTS - Mike Hunnerup started January 14 (until when?)

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Paul Lancaster is no longer with the company.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor starts April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis through the transatlantic on May 6, signing off in Barcelona. Then, he will return from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. Who will be filling in for Steve from May 6 through July 16?

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Grandeur OTS - Jimmy Rhodes will be the regular CD for a few contracts when Grandeur moves to Baltimore (beginning with repositioning on April 21?)

Independence OTS - Rob McNally (former activities manager) for the Transatlantic (April 7 sailing) Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21 (Unknown if Simona is returning, or if another CD will be taking over)

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Bobby and Becky Brown returned on January 21. Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through "sometime in June". Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for an overlap...info comes directly from Graham, a few pages back on this thread)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - João Pereira returned Dec 9 for the winter season in South America

I am on the phone now with Royal and they just informed me that Ricky Matthews last day on Oasis will be May 25th and Allen Brooks will be the CD May 25 - Jun 1. This is a little disappointing to me, (just a little) as I love Ricky. Can anyone give me their take on Allen. I am really trying to be open minded because this is our family vaca which is the most important thing of all. I did so want my family to have the Ricky Matthews experience though.

Any info on Richard Spacey? Was looking forward to Seymour again, he really made our trip two years ago with Freedom; last summer w/Drew, not as much. Used to love hearing the kiddos cracking up while watching Graham's morning show...

Please give me the skinny on Spacey! Thanks so much! We will be on Freedom June 16 and on June 23, 2013

I am on the phone now with Royal and they just informed me that Ricky Matthews last day on Oasis will be May 25th and Allen Brooks will be the CD May 25 - Jun 1. This is a little disappointing to me, (just a little) as I love Ricky. Can anyone give me their take on Allen. I am really trying to be open minded because this is our family vaca which is the most important thing of all. I did so want my family to have the Ricky Matthews experience though.

We will be with you on this sailing and had him on a different ship in the past. We found him to be quite funny.

Since your info comes from a phone call with RCI, I would disregard it as inaccurate information. They are notorious for this. (I maintain the CD list in another thread, and I've lost count of how many times they were wrong)

Ricky, who is currently onboard Oasis, has said that he will be there until June 1. Amy Fickert, who is the regular full-time CD of Oasis has stated that she will return from her break on June 1. The word from the CD's themselves, or from crew onboard the ship, is the best source of info. (Anyway, Allan Brooks is the regular fill-in CD on Allure, not Oasis.)

Allan and Ricky can be contacted on social media (I do not have Ricky's FB or twitter info), and there are some people here on Cruise Critic who communicate with Amy via email. Maybe someone can contact one of them to verify what RCI told you.

Or, maybe someone who is currently on Oasis can ask Ricky, or someone else on his staff, and report back to us.

Until there is info from these sources, and not RCI on land, then I will not use the info to update this list.

edited to add: This appears to be Amy's FB - https://www.facebook.com/amy.fickert and this appears to be Allan's FB - https://www.facebook.com/acbrooksbc

Brilliance OTS - Steve Davis through the transatlantic on May 6, signing off in Barcelona. Then, he will return from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa. Who will be filling in for Steve from May 6 through July 16?

Since your info comes from a phone call with RCI, I would disregard it as inaccurate information. They are notorious for this. (I maintain the CD list in another thread, and I've lost count of how many times they were wrong)

Ricky, who is currently onboard Oasis, has said that he will be there until June 1. Amy Fickert, who is the regular full-time CD of Oasis has stated that she will return from her break on June 1. The word from the CD's themselves, or from crew onboard the ship, is the best source of info. (Anyway, Allan Brooks is the regular fill-in CD on Allure, not Oasis.)

Allan and Ricky can be contacted on social media (I do not have Ricky's FB or twitter info), and there are some people here on Cruise Critic who communicate with Amy via email. Maybe someone can contact one of them to verify what RCI told you.

Or, maybe someone who is currently on Oasis can ask Ricky, or someone else on his staff, and report back to us.

Until there is info from these sources, and not RCI on land, then I will not use the info to update this list.

edited to add: This appears to be Amy's FB - https://www.facebook.com/amy.fickert and this appears to be Allan's FB - https://www.facebook.com/acbrooksbc

Allan brooks is not going to the oasis we chatead on Facebook,sorry but Rccl always give wrong info

Allure OTS - Ken Rush begins April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September. Who is the CD until Joff returns on May 26?

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21 Who is the CD now? (Simona Ferraiuolo?)

Splendour OTS - Who is the CD now, for the summer season in Europe (Bill Brunkhorst?) João Pereira for the winter season in South America

Any info on Richard Spacey? Was looking forward to Seymour again, he really made our trip two years ago with Freedom; last summer w/Drew, not as much. Used to love hearing the kiddos cracking up while watching Graham's morning show...

Please give me the skinny on Spacey! Thanks so much! We will be on Freedom June 16 and on June 23, 2013

I'm quite surprised that you have been cruising for 5 years on Royal, but have only been on CC for 2 weeks and don't know anything about Richard Spacey!!!!!!!!! He is a LEGEND on Royal!!! No matter what ship/ships you've been on, everyone talks about Richard! He is always mentioned as one of the top 2 Cruise Directors in the entire Royal fleet. The other 1 is always highly debated/argued about :D!!!! You will not be disappointed!!! Many cruisers pick their week/weeks of cruising based on when Richard will be on duty!!! They don't want to miss a minute of his antics!!! As always, liking the CD is subjective, but I've always enjoyed him! Hopefully you will too!

- Miriam

I'm quite surprised that you have been cruising for 5 years on Royal, but have only been on CC for 2 weeks and don't know anything about Richard Spacey!!!!!!!!! He is a LEGEND on Royal!!! No matter what ship/ships you've been on, everyone talks about Richard! He is always mentioned as one of the top 2 Cruise Directors in the entire Royal fleet. The other 1 is always highly debated/argued about :D!!!! You will not be disappointed!!! Many cruisers pick their week/weeks of cruising based on when Richard will be on duty!!! They don't want to miss a minute of his antics!!! As always, liking the CD is subjective, but I've always enjoyed him! Hopefully you will too!

- Miriam

OK now....I know nothing at all about Richard Spacey either. I'm sure I've never been on a ship with him either. Or the other guy....

I guess my favorites are the lesser knowns.

Gina

- Miriam

I know, it's hard to believe! But yes I have just started tuning in here as well. I never really understood the wealth of information that is available. I sure am glad that I am aware now. Thanks for info on CD...I will be looking forward to meeting Spacey come June.

I guess my only comment is that until we had Seymour for the first time and his morning show was very well liked by my kiddos, we had never really looked to that part of our cruises as an important part. While we were on board last August we had Drew Devine and we were relatively Luke warm with him. We also had him that previous November on board Monarch.

Thanks so much for including me on the boards! One of my favorite parts so far have been reading the live reviews as well as other detailed reviews. It is really fun to live a cruise vacation through another travelers' experiences!

Also, was hoping someone could explain the process of M and M to me so I can understand what it is. I read somewhere on here that you sometimes have to register with the line, that you will be part of that group. What is the commitment, cost and benefits associated with this? Thanks!

Also, was hoping someone could explain the process of M and M to me so I can understand what it is. I read somewhere on here that you sometimes have to register with the line, that you will be part of that group. What is the commitment, cost and benefits associated with this? Thanks!

When you visit the roll call section of the message boards, and find the roll call for your specific ship and sail date, at the top right of the page is a link you can click, in order to register for the Meet & Mingle, an onboard gathering to meet your fellow cruise critic members. If 25 people register for this event, Royal Caribbean hosts it, for no charge. All you need to register is your reservation number. The cost is zero and the benefits are: 1. You get invited to a party; and 2. You get to make new friends. :)

Just seen on Joff's Twitter that Rob McNally will be in charge until he returns to Independence end of May. Seen him before was second in command to Joff.

Allure OTS - Ken Rush begins April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - ship is in drydock now. Who will be the CD from May 6 through July 16? Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance at the end of July through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Navigator OTS - Keith Williams March 30 through April 21 Who is the CD now? (Simona Ferraiuolo?)

Splendour OTS - Who is the CD now, for the summer season in Europe (Bill Brunkhorst?) João Pereira for the winter season in South America

Everybody's talkin' 'bout this Richard Spacey guy, and I'm certain that he's great (I've never seen him, myself)....but where are the Marc Walker fans out there?!? He's a great guy, and the most fun CD that Monarch ever had. Marc knows how to keep the fun going on the 3/4 day itineraries. Glad that he'll be taking over Enchantment in June, but sad that he won't be there when I board on 5/10. :(

Archived