Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

Just when I learned about Mike Hunnerup from all you knowledgable people, I see he left the Vision and Topi is now the CD. We are sailing in a month so I assume he will still be on. Looks like he is newly promoted, but info regarding him as an activities director makes it look promising. I am one that doesn't mind if he doesn't get to know me as long as he does his job well. I personally think the CD makes a big difference in the entertainment portion of the cruise which is part of what I like about cruising.

Thanks everyone that gave input on Mike.

Topi from Finland was terrific on our November Vision cruise. He is funny. One night he was in the Schooner Bar as the performer called Topi Unplugged: Acoustic Pop Music.

Does anyone know who the current CD on Grandeur is?

I just saw a review thread from last week's sailing in which jamscckmc posted this:

There was just one welcome aboard show. The CD Jimmy Rhoads from Alabama talked/joked awhile then a comedian came on.

When will you find out who the Cruise Director's are for next year? We just booked Allure for next May. Just wondering who might be our CD. Thanks.

We don't officially "find out" at all. This list is created based on what cruisers report back from their findings on the ship, usually through conversations with the CD's directly, or members of the activity staff onboard. We also gather info from the CD's posts on social media.

Now, for Allure, it has pretty consistently been Ken Rush for 4 months, followed by Allan Brooks for 2 months. So you can use the current list to estimate which one of those CDs might be onboard for your sailing next May. Both of these CDs are amongst RCI's best, so you really cant go wrong with either one.

However, things can change, and the regular CD's can get moved around unexpectedly, so nothing is really set-in-stone until pretty close to the actual sailing date.

Any info from RCI is notoriously inaccurate, so I don't use that to maintain the list. Only info straight from the CD's or other key staff on the ship.

I just saw a review thread from last week's sailing in which jamscckmc posted this:

Thanks Marc! There are two posts at the top of this page that report that Jimmy left Grandeur yesterday to fill in on Mariner. (Gordon was scheduled to be on Mariner now, however he had to extend his break which created a shuffling around of CD's)

James Andrews got off The Splendour this morning, he was only there for a couple of sailings. I believe Anthony Richards will take over for the summer months.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - Who is the CD? Jimmy Rhodes was moved to fill-in on Mariner for a short time, but he should be back (exact date unknown) as the regular CD of Grandeur

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes starts May 19

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Thanks Marc! There are two posts at the top of this page that report that Jimmy left Grandeur yesterday to fill in on Mariner. (Gordon was scheduled to be on Mariner now, however he had to extend his break which created a shuffling around of CD's)

Whoops! That's what I get for skimming and missing a couple posts in the process. :)

Whoops! That's what I get for skimming and missing a couple posts in the process. :)

LOL - I do it all the time. All the info gets overwhelming sometimes, and it's hard to sift through.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Grandeur OTS - Who is the CD? Jimmy Rhodes was moved to fill-in on Mariner for a short time, but he should be back (exact date unknown) as the regular CD of Grandeur

Independence OTS - Rob McNally until May 26. Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Majesty OTS - Dave Chapman started March 4, then Mitch Merucci starts on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Oasis OTS - Ricky Matthews March 30 through May 25. Then, Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Rhapsody OTS - Luke Aerowsmith March 11 through May 31. Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31 (he is arriving on May 24 for a transitional overlap)

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

James Andrews got off The Splendour this morning, he was only there for a couple of sailings. I believe Anthony Richards will take over for the summer months.

Well - he got off the ship and got married today! I'm FB friends with the new wife . . . . did not see it coming ;-)

I got an email from Keith just before I left on VI TransAtlantic last month. He said he had just gotten word that his next ship was JW. Turns out he got his Radiance-class ships confused (because he had been on JW several times). I saw the conflicting info when I returned home and contacted him. I didn't realize that I passed on incorrect information until today when he confirmed that his confusing email was incorrect.

Sorry for complicating the matter. :o

I got an email from Keith just before I left on VI TransAtlantic last month. He said he had just gotten word that his next ship was JW. Turns out he got his Radiance-class ships confused (because he had been on JW several times). I saw the conflicting info when I returned home and contacted him. I didn't realize that I passed on incorrect information until today when he confirmed that his confusing email was incorrect.

Sorry for complicating the matter. :o

LOL...no problem Beth. With all the switching around of Cd's, it's no wonder that they get confused! :)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

John Perry is now the CD on the Grandeur of the Seas!

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Oasis OTS - Allan Brooks is doing a quick, one week fill-in from May 25 through June 1. Amy Fickert plans to return from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

OK - I'm off to meet the Jewel in San Juan. I'll be back in a week to update the list, but please continue to report any CD changes or new info on this thread!

Safe travels Donna.:)

Archived