Current Cruise Directors (CD) List - UPDATED

DonnaK

How many months are the cruise directors on the ship before they take a vacation? We are on the Freedom on 9/1/13 and are hoping to have Richard Spacey but wasn't sure how long he will be on there. Thanks

would ALSO like to know this...

As per Donna's List above.....

"Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)'

For 3 recent opinions on John Blair, read the following posts on this thread: # 1781, 1829 and 1832.

Hope this helps - Miriam

How many months are the cruise directors on the ship before they take a vacation? We are on the Freedom on 9/1/13 and are hoping to have Richard Spacey but wasn't sure how long he will be on there. Thanks

It's hard to predict. Many ships have a regular CD who does 4 months on, then 2 months off with a regular fill-in CD. Other ships have regular CD's who alternate according to the seasons, depending on the part of the world (ie: language). Some CD's get longer contracts followed by longer breaks, while others jump around from ship to ship, a few weeks or so on each ship.

Richard is now the regular CD of Freedom. He usually does 4 months on, followed by 2 months off. However, he actually returned from his last break on February 1st on Explorer, and then came straight over to Freedom on April 14. So, it's hard to know which date is the beginning of his current contract.

The best way to find out Richard's schedule is to ask someone who is going on Freedom now to get the info from Richard himself or from one of the activity staff onboard the ship. You can post a request on the roll call for some of the upcoming sailings.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through early September.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Thanks Donna! This is always really useful information!

Any early thoughts who's going to be CD for Quantum- I'd love it to be Graham Seymour!

Usually one of the more senior CDs brings out a new ship. That could be Graham (although he posted on this thread that he specifically requested a smaller ship and a more exotic itinerary after his last contract on Freedom), or Ken Rush, Richard Spacey (who likes being based in NY), Allan Brooks, James Andrews, etc.

Too many contenders to make a really good guess.

Usually one of the more senior CDs brings out a new ship. That could be Graham (although he posted on this thread that he specifically requested a smaller ship and a more exotic itinerary after his last contract on Freedom), or Ken Rush, Richard Spacey (who likes being based in NY), Allan Brooks, James Andrews, etc.

Too many contenders to make a really good guess.

Donna, we would be remiss if we left out the incredible Marc "Bing Bong" Walker. He served faithfully on the Monarch and will be taking over the Enchantment in a few days. Marc is outgoing, funny, and extremely personable...just what the Quantum needs!

Donna, we would be remiss if we left out the incredible Marc "Bing Bong" Walker. He served faithfully on the Monarch and will be taking over the Enchantment in a few days. Marc is outgoing, funny, and extremely personable...just what the Quantum needs!

He would make a good CD on the Quantum.

Any exact date on Ken leaving and Alan starting on Allure? From what I can see, it looks like the switch should be around mid August.

No exact date. Maybe someone cruising on Allure soon can ask Ken about his plans, and report back to us. You can post a request on the roll call for the next cruise, if you'd like.

Of course! I didn't mean to leave him off the short list of possibilities.

No exact date. Maybe someone cruising on Allure soon can ask Ken about his plans, and report back to us. You can post a request on the roll call for the next cruise, if you'd like.

Hi I had send ken rush a message on Facebook asking if he gonna take out the quantum his replied was yes he wil be on her until jan 2015 and then he will give the ship over to the other cd.i am hoping Richard spacey will take over

He would make a good CD on the Quantum.

He is a great CD, but he lives in Orlando and has a one year old daughter he gets to see twice a week while he's on the Enchantment. I doubt he'd be interested in the Quantum. Now, if one of the other new builds gets home ported at Port Canaveral, he'd be your guy :D

Originally Posted by Clancy14 viewpost.gif

Once Again, from Another thread that I am on.....

[u]]...."Hi! I had send ken rush a message on Facebook asking if he gonna take out the quantum his replied was yes he wil be on her until jan 2015 and then he will give the ship over to the other cd.i am hoping Richard spacey will take over....."[/[/u][

I can only hope that Richard Spacey will be our Cruise Director!!! I don't believe that I have that kind of luck, though!! He will probably take over for the cruise AFTER ours!!!:( !! HE is my favorite!! I also like Allan Brooks, Jimmy Rhodes, and some other that I can tolerate!!!

Oh, well, I can only hope! - Miriam

Rumor has it: Dave Chapman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donna,

Have you heard this rumor, and what do you think about it? Just your opinion, please. I realize that January 2015 is a long way off and ANYTHING can happen but I value your expert "guess" . And your comment on Dave Chapman!

Thanks in advance - Miriam

Originally Posted by Clancy14 viewpost.gif

Once Again, from Another thread that I am on.....

[u]]...."Hi! I had send ken rush a message on Facebook asking if he gonna take out the quantum his replied was yes he wil be on her until jan 2015 and then he will give the ship over to the other cd.i am hoping Richard spacey will take over....."[/[/u][

I can only hope that Richard Spacey will be our Cruise Director!!! I don't believe that I have that kind of luck, though!! He will probably take over for the cruise AFTER ours!!!:( !! HE is my favorite!! I also like Allan Brooks, Jimmy Rhodes, and some other that I can tolerate!!!

Oh, well, I can only hope! - Miriam

Rumor has it: Dave Chapman.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Donna,

Have you heard this rumor, and what do you think about it? Just your opinion, please. I realize that January 2015 is a long way off and ANYTHING can happen but I value your expert "guess" . And your comment on Dave Chapman!

Thanks in advance - Miriam

Ken usually takes out the new ships, so no surprise there.

I have not heard any rumors regarding how long he will be on Quantum, and which other CD with be covering his breaks, or taking over if Ken is only there short term.

I also wonder who will become the regular CD of Allure if Ken moves to Quantum for longer than one contract.

Graham once said that a CD generally stays with a ship for a maximum of 3 years, and then contractually must move on. I don't know how long Ken has been on Allure, but if it's approaching 3 years, then the timing is right for him to move on.

Do you think that Joff will be back on Indy when it returns to Ft. Lauderdale to start its Caribbean winter cruises?

Joff is the regular CD of Indy, so unless something changes, he does 4 months on the ship followed by a 2 month break. So, if his break starts Sept 7, he should be returning around early November.

Joff Eaton will be on Independence until September 7th.

Adventure OTS - Clo O'Connor started April 21 through sometime in July (exact end date unknown at this time), then Drew Devine will be joining Adventure in July

Allure OTS - Ken Rush started April 21 for 4 months, then Allan Brooks

Brilliance OTS - Keith Willams through July 16. Steve Davis returns from his break on July 16th for the handover, and will take over as regular CD of Brilliance through mid-November when the ship goes back to Tampa.

Enchantment OTS - John Blair started Jan 14, then Marc Walker from June 7 - Nov. 25

Explorer OTS - Leigh Xuereb returned as the regular CD of Explorer on April 7. John Blair will be covering Leigh's break in early August through early October (exact dates are not yet known)

Freedom OTS - Richard Spacey began as the regular CD of Freedom on April 14

Grandeur OTS - John Perry is filling in for Jimmy Rhodes, who was moved over to Mariner as an emergency fill-in there. Jimmy should be back as the regular CD of Grandeur soon (exact date unknown)

Independence OTS - Joff Eaton returns May 26 through September 7.

Jewel OTS - Carly Boileau from March 21 through sometime in July (exact date unknown), then Dennis Charles (Dennis Sciortino) from sometime in July through sometime in Sept (exact dates unknown), then Carly is back in September (exact date unknown)

Legend OTS - Mercedes Fuentes started May 4

Liberty OTS - Rich Edwards started March 21

Majesty OTS - Mitch Merucci started on May 17 for 8 weeks.

Mariner OTS - Jimmy Rhodes started May 19

Navigator OTS - Simona Ferraiuolo started April 21

Oasis OTS - Amy Fickert returned from her break on June 1 through Sept 21, then Ricky Matthews September 21 through November 23

Radiance OTS - Paul Rutter for the Alaska season, May 17 through Sept 6.

Rhapsody OTS - Graham Seymour for the Alaska season beginning May 31

Serenade OTS - Casey Peltier April 8 through July 30, then Ricky Matthews July 30 though September 16

Splendour OTS - Anthony Richards started May 18, then João Pereira for the South American season

Vision OTS - Topi Ylönen from Finland started May 11

Voyager OTS - Lixin Fang began March 23 for the Asian season

Archived