Summit Sky Suite 6146 - Post-Solsticization pics

BarbJ52

Re: the butler:

if you are explicit about what you expect or need, you will get it.

Ex: please only leave appetisers at 4 PM that do not include fish.

Please bring a double cappucino each day at 8 AM (that's right, you get cappys for FREE--but only if your butler brings).

Please have this ironed by tomorrow evening at 5 pM.

We REALLY enjoyed having dinner en suite--they set up a table and everything; order off the MDR menu.:D

We were on the Summit last month in a RS and were extremely happy with the service we received from Benjamin, our butler on this sailing. Although we didnt ask for much, he made sure whatever we did request (feather pillows, shrimp cocktail and cheese platter for afternoon snack) was taken care of. When he realized that I loved the little chicken salad sanwiches offered during afternoon tea, he always made sure he had a couple on the side for me and left them in the dining room of our cabin when I wasnt there. I had lovely conversations with him about his family back in India and found him to be a gentleman who did his job exceptionally well.

We are going to be booking this suite later today and quite excited after seeing all the photos. Just want to be sure about this room as opposed to another sky suite.

Is it a problem only having the one glass door and not the larger patio ones giving more light and view? I am thinking the lovely room makes up for that.

Also re the loungers which I would like, do you ask your stateroom host to get some when you get to the room or do you have to ask before the cruise?

Many thanks.

We are going to be booking this suite later today and quite excited after seeing all the photos. Just want to be sure about this room as opposed to another sky suite.

Is it a problem only having the one glass door and not the larger patio ones giving more light and view? I am thinking the lovely room makes up for that.

Also re the loungers which I would like, do you ask your stateroom host to get some when you get to the room or do you have to ask before the cruise?

Many thanks.

For us, the single glass door was a non-issue. While I didn't give it much thought, I don't remember feeling that there was a lack of sufficient light/view.

There were no loungers on the balcony when we got there - just a few weeks after Solstisization. Perhaps they've been added since. We didn't request them, so I'm not sure if they would have been provided. Perhaps someone who has sailed in that cabin recently can answer that??

It was lovely and I wouldn't hesitate to book it again. :)

You definitely want to snag that suite ASAP as 6145/6146 go quickly! I agree with Barb that the single door was not a problem. I had worried about that in advance but it was fine. Didnt have to worry about overheating the cabin from too much sun either.

Many thanks.

Somebody who was recently in the cabin had posted a review. I saw pics of this cabin also- google it- and it looks wonderful! The cabin has plently of light- The best part of the cabin is that it has a huge bathroom. Much nicer then other typical sky suites. It has double sinks, is marble- a stall shower and a large jetted bathtub. Also, since you are in "suite alley" supposedly you have the best butler and cabin attendants. I was supposed to stay in that suite in a few weeks, but upgraded to a celebrity suite. Based upon my research, you should have a beautiful cabin. Enjoy your trip

• 3 months later...

On a couple of occassions, we were able to hear voices if the people in the PH were near the door and speaking loudly. Fortunately, these were not arguments that we overheard, but people talking to each other from different parts of the suite as they were getting ready for their excursions. And, we could occassionally hear the piano. I'm sure this could be dependent on the particular passengers in the PH suite, but we didn't find the ocassional sounds to be bothersome. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate to book the cabin again.

• 1 year later...
What is the difference between the butler and room steward? We have never sailed on Celebrity before but are considering a sky suite on Celebrity in the next few months.

The room Steward (and assistant) are there to look after your stateroom (cleaning and making up the bed and turning the bed down in the evening).

The Butler is there to look after YOU-such as making reservations on your behalf as well as serving you meals and drinks in your suite (if desired).

• 4 months later...
Cabin 6145 and 6146 were not available on my next Summit cruise. Can anyone tell me how much different sky suite cabin 6123 will be ?

I believe you can see 6146/6145 on youtube. The big difference is the bathroom. It is huge on 45/46. It has marble like the penthouse a tub and a stall shower, double sinks. The cabin is the same- it is the bathroom that is wonderful! Instead of a sliding glass balcony door- you have a large window and a regular glass panel door.

However, we have been in a regular Sky suite and they are great!

Enjoy your cruise

Edited by Cruise a holic

I believe you can see 6146/6145 on youtube. The big difference is the bathroom. It is huge on 45/46. It has marble like the penthouse a tub and a stall shower, double sinks. The cabin is the same- it is the bathroom that is wonderful! Instead of a sliding glass balcony door- you have a large window and a regular glass panel door.

Enjoy your cruise

This isn't quite true. The cabin is a bit different, has different wood finishes, seemed bigger, but actually has less closet space, different sitting areas, etc.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

This isn't quite true. The cabin is a bit different, has different wood finishes, seemed bigger, but actually has less closet space, different sitting areas, etc.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna

Check youtube. i did yesterday and the cabin is still in a video. The bathroom is amazing! We have seen the cabin and have it booked for Bermuda 2015. The CS price has increased significantly for next year. This coming August, we have a CS and paid $1000 less then it would be next.

Enjoy your cruise

I've been in the actual suite. While you are right about the biggest difference (the bathroom), your comment about the cabin being the same (as other Sky Suites) as I said is not quite true. It has a totally different, and nicer, finish with dark wood, is slightly larger (feeling to me anyway, I didn't measure), and has a slightly different layout.

Hi Jenna

Check youtube. i did yesterday and the cabin is still in a video. The bathroom is amazing! We have seen the cabin and have it booked for Bermuda 2015. The CS price has increased significantly for next year. This coming August, we have a CS and paid $1000 less then it would be next.

Of course it is les than a CS, and of course the prices change, while on some sailings they have increased a lot like you see, on others they are the same or less, this is heavily based on supply and demand. Demand has certainly increasded due to an improving economy and imrproved suite ammenities getting people to book higher categories at higher prices.

We tried to bookk 6145 for our August cruise this year, as we think it is a nice cabin for a week. It was available on Sunady, and I did a 24 hour hold but it was booked as soon as the hold went off while we waited for our TA to call back while they moved officies. We were a bit disappointed but weren't as interested in the other SSs available. We eneded up in the RS. C'est la via.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

I've been in the actual suite. While you are right about the biggest difference (the bathroom), your comment about the cabin being the same (as other Sky Suites) as I said is not quite true. It has a totally different, and nicer, finish with dark wood, is slightly larger (feeling to me anyway, I didn't measure), and has a slightly different layout.

Of course it is les than a CS, and of course the prices change, while on some sailings they have increased a lot like you see, on others they are the same or less, this is heavily based on supply and demand. Demand has certainly increasded due to an improving economy and imrproved suite ammenities getting people to book higher categories at higher prices.

We tried to bookk 6145 for our August cruise this year, as we think it is a nice cabin for a week. It was available on Sunady, and I did a 24 hour hold but it was booked as soon as the hold went off while we waited for our TA to call back while they moved officies. We were a bit disappointed but weren't as interested in the other SSs available. We eneded up in the RS. C'est la via.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

I noticed that their were two Royal Suites available for our 8/10 cruise, now only one- you must have booked it! I was considering upgrading from a CS to a Royal- but the price was much higher and I would loose some perks I currently have- so we decided no. Will have to "suffer" in a Celebrity Suite!

Hi Jenna,

I noticed that their were two Royal Suites available for our 8/10 cruise, now only one- you must have booked it! I was considering upgrading from a CS to a Royal- but the price was much higher and I would loose some perks I currently have- so we decided no. Will have to "suffer" in a Celebrity Suite!

We're actually on 8/24, we booked a few weeks ago.

We prefer the layout and windows of the CS so you're far from suffering, but there were no CSs available, so we went with the RS. If 6145/6146 were available, we would have been happy there, nice balcony, etc. As of next April with the added perks, the value proposition changes, a lot for us anyway.

Have fun, and enjoy.

Happy Sailing,

Jenna

Hi...I'll be sailing in Sky Suite 6121 later this summer. How different is it aside from the wood trim and gorgeous bathroom? Can anyone enlighten me? First time on Celebrity after sailing only on NCL. I'm really excited, but any additional information on the cabin would be highly appreciated!! Thanks!

Hi...I'll be sailing in Sky Suite 6121 later this summer. How different is it aside from the wood trim and gorgeous bathroom? Can anyone enlighten me? First time on Celebrity after sailing only on NCL. I'm really excited, but any additional information on the cabin would be highly appreciated!! Thanks!

I'm fairely certain the cabin is a little smaller. It definitely has a smaller deck and as you know smaller bathroom.

Here are pics of what your cabin would look like I found on Google. You can seach for any pics of a sky suite on Millenium, Infinity, Summit or Constellation:

1157414115.jpg

1157414112.jpg

You can google for more, or join cruise ship deck plans as they have some actual pics too.

Happy sailing,

Jenna