strangest thing you've brought on board?

Lily429

every time we're in the Bahamas we go to eat under the bridge (fresh local food) we always get the cracked conch, conch salad, conch fritters.....and we love Crystal's sauce, but no one ever has any. This time we are trying Arawak Cay for a late lunch and we are bringing the Crystal's! Question, is there something 'strange' you bring on board? :confused:

every time we're in the Bahamas we go to eat under the bridge (fresh local food) we always get the cracked conch, conch salad, conch fritters.....and we love Crystal's sauce, but no one ever has any. This time we are trying Arawak Cay for a late lunch and we are bringing the Crystal's! Question, is there something 'strange' you bring on board? :confused:

What's Crystal's sauce? Is this something I should be looking for stateside?

Crystals is hot sauce.... it's good but I love Texas Pete...

On the last cruise I brought Christmas lights, Christmas window clingy's and a Merry Christmas floor rug... thats probably the strangest stuff I've ever brought. Not to weird but not average either...

My DH's and twin DDs' gloves and a couple softballs...never used them and they took up a lot of space, so probably won't bring them again. I also bring a sound machine to drown out any noise and it also has an alarm clock that comes in handy.

I would not necessarily call it strange; but unusual. DH and I love to play cards on deck. I purchased and always bring a magnetic playing board and magnetic cards. Even with the wind - the cards do not move. :)

gotta know where you got magnetic playing cards....DD loves to play cards and yes, we found the wind to be a problem on our balcony.

on my last cruise (South China Sea Explorer) I was living in China at the time, and did not have a clothes dryer.

I brought some extra clothes with me (mostly pyjamas and my favourite towel) just so I could wash it and get it all fluffy dry in a dryer....

Just last week I brought on 200 jello shot syringes (they hold over twice the amount of a normal jello shot). Not to mention the 12 huge packs of jello - a mixture of Strawberry Daiquiri, Appletini and Lemon Drop. Made for some great cabin and deck parties!

EZ-Syringes-25-2OZ.jpg

I bought a deep sea rod and reel in the pawn shop in Cabo a few years ago. Got strange looks when I took it on to the ship, but the funniest was when I carried it off.

The immigration officer smiled and said " Well -- now I've seen it all".

that's pretty funny.....not even going to ask how you ended up in a pawn shop in Cabo!

Just last week I brought on 200 jello shot syringes (they hold over twice the amount of a normal jello shot). Not to mention the 12 huge packs of jello - a mixture of Strawberry Daiquiri, Appletini and Lemon Drop. Made for some great cabin and deck parties!

EZ-Syringes-25-2OZ.jpg

Ok, I used to be the jello shot queen when I was a bartender but it's been awhile, so how does one go about mixing and filling 200 syringes in a cabin? I can imagine you made alot of friends passing those around.....great idea!!!:D

6 large cans of Spagetti O's and 6 large cans of Ravioli....

for a friend who lives in Cozumel and could not get these at the time....

I carried them on and the Security Guard gave me the strangest look... :D

On our last cruise, just for fun we brought some un-used Tim Horton's take out coffee cups and lids -we made coffee on lido deck and then carried them around on ship.

We thought the cups would draw out our fellow Canadians, but it didn't... :D

Ok, I used to be the jello shot queen when I was a bartender but it's been awhile, so how does one go about mixing and filling 200 syringes in a cabin? I can imagine you made alot of friends passing those around.....great idea!!!:D

Bring on a large mixing bowl and measuring cup, Bon Voyage vodka - then order 10 large pots of hot water from room service. The 200 took over an hour to do but well worth it. You gain lots a friends quickly!

Bring on a large mixing bowl and measuring cup,

Carry-on?

Bon Voyage vodka - then order 10 large pots of hot water from room service.

And what was the reaction to that request?

The 200 took over an hour to do but well worth it. You gain lots a friends quickly!

genius with a mission!

Archived