strangest thing you've brought on board?

Lily429

Last cruise, Hubby and I went to Busch Gardens Tampa the day before we boarded the Dream, and while at BGT we fell in love with a model of the Kumba train made by Coaster Dynamix. Hubby collects them at our local parks, and it was our only chance to get one for Kumba (one of our favorite coasters). I had to hand-carry it, as it is very fragile. I got very odd looks going through security (both ways). We probably have the only coaster model that's cruised the Caribbean..... A little boy saw us carrying it off the ship, and fussed at his mom that he wanted one too. We had to explain where we got it.

How's that for weird?

CoasterJan

On our last cruise, just for fun we brought some un-used Tim Horton's take out coffee cups and lids -we made coffee on lido deck and then carried them around on ship.

We thought the cups would draw out our fellow Canadians, but it didn't... :D

It would have drawn me out and i'm not even Canadian! I love Tim Horton's coffee and look forward to it whenever I'm in Canada.

every time we're in the Bahamas we go to eat under the bridge (fresh local food) we always get the cracked conch, conch salad, conch fritters.....and we love Crystal's sauce, but no one ever has any. This time we are trying Arawak Cay for a late lunch and we are bringing the Crystal's! Question, is there something 'strange' you bring on board? :confused:

How about my dh, he's strange/weird. Just kidding. Last cruise I brought a snowman to the Carribean. I decorated our door with a door clingy thingy. I also was going to bring my fav coffee creamer, but was worried about spoilage while waiting for rooms to open up.

My one time at strangeness was at Cabo on New Year's Day. I collect carved ironwood and saw an amazing carving of a sea turtle on a pedestal. It is the best carving example I have ever seen, and I've seen a lot. The turtle is about 2 by 3 feet wide, and the pedestal stands about 2 feet high. Fortunately, the two pieces do come apart, but together they weigh more than 50 pounds. The artist wrapped the turtle up in big pieces of cardboard and wrapped newspaper around the base. My friend and I struggled to carry it back to the ship on the tender. We did get a lot of looks about it. The hardest part was standing in line for about 45 minutes waiting for a tender!

Whenever we have a balcony, I bring my own 2 feet long squeegie to clean the glass. Most ships only clean the balcony once a week and I like to sit and be able to see through the glass. Sure, you can probably ask the steward to clean it, but I like getting it done early morning & enjoy my coffee there...:D

Whenever we have a balcony, I bring my own 2 feet long squeegie to clean the glass. Most ships only clean the balcony once a week and I like to sit and be able to see through the glass. Sure, you can probably ask the steward to clean it, but I like getting it done early morning & enjoy my coffee there...:D

FYI - it works and would take up MUCH less space!

http://www.ultimateclothcanada.com

Canadian here living in NC - I would absolutely have said something about the Tim's cups (I even have their Christmas Tree decorations - a Tim's coffee cup and a timbit snowman) and I might have asked If I could have a Ceaser - Love em!

Nice! But my arms are not long enough to reach over the balcony. May look into this for home though :)

Totally makes sense! :) I took my cloth last time as I had an aft and was a little worried about soot. Used it on the windows too! Never tried the other side of the balcony though. Nice because you just use it with water and works on anything.

Large bottle of clamato, worchestershire sauce and celery salt to make caesar's in my room. If you're not Canadian you might have to look it up. :)

not Canadian, but I do know what Caesar's are....my daddy's favorite!:)

Coffee Filters.

When my kids were younger we did quite a bit of camping and would bring these so the kids could put their hot dogs or Smores in. They hold any drippings so it kept their hands and cloths clean. They were also good for tacos or dolling out chips and cookies so the kids wouldn't argue over who gets to hold the bag.

My husband and I use them on the cruise to hold a few handfuls of mixed nuts or Trail Mix that we like to bring along. Also, I use a filter to hold my morning bagel or pastry on the balcony instead of taking the large glass room service plate outside. They take up almost no packing space and come in handy.

My DH's and twin DDs' gloves and a couple softballs...never used them and they took up a lot of space, so probably won't bring them again. I also bring a sound machine to drown out any noise and it also has an alarm clock that comes in handy.

We bring these too! My DD loves to go to the sports court when no one is there and practice her pitching with her dad.

She is a dedicated player.

There are lots of folks including the crew that will stop and watch her.

Well, Dang if everybody didn't beat me to it... wife says me:D

We did take some vodka once that was in a mouthwash bottle... WOW very "refreshing"! Have taken lights for the balcony, little palm trees.

battery run? where do you get those?

coffee filters.

When my kids were younger we did quite a bit of camping and would bring these so the kids could put their hot dogs or smores in. They hold any drippings so it kept their hands and cloths clean. They were also good for tacos or dolling out chips and cookies so the kids wouldn't argue over who gets to hold the bag.

My husband and i use them on the cruise to hold a few handfuls of mixed nuts or trail mix that we like to bring along. Also, i use a filter to hold my morning bagel or pastry on the balcony instead of taking the large glass room service plate outside. They take up almost no packing space and come in handy.

i like it!:)

battery run? where do you get those?

Yeah I live at the beach (OK 2 blocks back) and one of the shops here had them, no idea where they got em... Heck I'm not even sure they made it home! Haven't seen the battery ones in years, we have plug in one on the back porch. I guess you could get an extension cord and run them out on the balcony?

When I first saw the "battery run" I frantically searched what I had wrote... thought someone mistook Bob for a BOB....

Archived