Aqua question(s)

aaerobear

We are booked on the Silhouette TA on 12/01 in Aqua Class.

This will be our first time on X since the Aqua Class started.

Question 1.....is the dining in BLU open seating or are there set dining times?

Question 2.....we are traveling with friends and wish to dine together, do we need to do anything before hand? We booked separately through different agencies.

Question 3....Do you like BLU?

Thanks

ED

We are booked on the Silhouette TA on 12/01 in Aqua Class.

This will be our first time on X since the Aqua Class started.

Question 1.....is the dining in BLU open seating or are there set dining times?

Question 2.....we are traveling with friends and wish to dine together, do we need to do anything before hand? We booked separately through different agencies.

Question 3....Do you like BLU?

Thanks

ED

1. Open seating, in spite of how you may be required book your dining time at time of cruise booking.

2. Are your friends also in Aqua Class or in a suite? If they are eligibile to eat in Blu, you all can request to be seated together at whatever time you decide to dine. No advance planning needed if your group is not too large. If you need banquet seating, then you should make advance arrangements.

3. There are about 0.5 gazillion posts here from people offering their opinions about Blu, but if you need to read more, I'm sure other posters will be happy to oblige.

If you are both booked in aqua class cabins you have to do nothing...just show up when you want at Blu with or without your friends and have a wonderful dinner.

If your friends are in a suite, then they MAY be able to join you in Blu if there is space at a charge of $5 per person.

If they are in any other category, they will not be able to eat in Blu with or without you...that is pretty tightly enforced.

Remember to check out the MDR's menus, each day... You can always ask nicely and get items from the MDR in Blu.

When we were on Silhouette in DEC 2011, I ordered shrimp cocktail, ceasar salad, chicken with mushrooms, etc...etc... each night in Blu. The waiter was wonderful and never, EVER gave me anything less than a smile. Also, be sure to get the famous Creme Brulee... you can get that every night from the MDR's menu if Blu doesn't have anything that appeals to you.

Checking the menu for the MDR, DAILY, is key! Another passenger told me that you can even ask for the menus for the MDR to be delivered to your AQ cabin... I have not actually done that so I can't verify that X will do this...

Breakfast in Blu is wonderful and is definitely worth going to! Watch the breakfast time in your Dailies each day, as they close at different times, depending on if it's a port day or a sea day.:)

Remember to check out the MDR's menus, each day... You can always ask nicely and get items from the MDR in Blu.

\

My understanding is that this is being discouraged (at least on S-Class ships as the MDR galley is not near the Blu galley so this puts a strain on the servers). Blu is very accommodating to special requests when proper notice is given (at least the day before), but I would not encourage people to order MDR food while dining in Blu. Perhaps on M-Class ships (as I believe they share a galley), but not on S-Class.

So if you are in AQ, can you go to the MDR for breakfast or dinner? Or do you have to eat in BLU?

For breakfast you can do either; I have found the service and food to be significantly better at Blu though.

For dinner you may dine in the select dining area of the MDR if space is available (it almost always is). You would check in with the maitre'd in the MDR select dining area on the night(s) you would want to try this.

My understanding is that this is being discouraged (at least on S-Class ships as the MDR galley is not near the Blu galley so this puts a strain on the servers). Blu is very accommodating to special requests when proper notice is given (at least the day before), but I would not encourage people to order MDR food while dining in Blu. Perhaps on M-Class ships (as I believe they share a galley), but not on S-Class.

We didn't order any entrees from the MDR on Silhouette but DH ordered escargot a few times and it was always delivered without hesitation....Carla, our wonderful waitress, even brought it to him one night when not ordered. I don't think it's THAT difficult for the Blu staff to get some things from the MDR and they didn't indicate it was a problem or that they were not supposed to do it...certainly hope that hasn't changed when we sail on Equinox next month...

Archived