Kids vs Adult cupcake classes

I posted waaay back afew months ago http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1536136 about the cupcake classes. Well, 10 days left until we set sail and I see that you can reserve the classes. Now to my next question...

7-year old DS desperately wants to do this, but wants me to do the class WITH him. I think he is jealous that I will be spending time parasailing with one of his brothers and is already getting a little bit clingy about wanting an activity we can do together. Only problem is that the classes are booked as either an adult class or a kids class. Would we be able to do this together? And if so, would I book us as adults or kids?

I suppose I could take him to the kids class and just stay with him, but I've heard the space for the class isn't very big and I don't know if there is room for parents to hang out with the kids in class.

Edited by midwife1021

My 13 year old son did the adult class - but he is an experienced baker :D If your son has some experience with decorating, the two of you would probably do just fine together in the adult class. If he's comfortable going by himself to the children's class, maybe you could pick another activity to do with him? Ice skating? Maybe just have lunch by yourselves one day? It's so hard to balance time with each of your children, isn't it? No matter, you are all on vacation together and they will have nothing but good memories, I'm sure! Enjoy!

We're going in 16 days and I signed my 9 year old and myself up for the kids' class. Hoping that works out because I also was hoping we could do it together. Neither one of us is an 'experienced baker' but hoping to have some laughs doing it. Good luck.

I was on the Freedom of the Seas this past August and my 9 year old was not allowed to do the adult class. This was a real pain since I had a 16, 14, 12 and 9 year old and the 9 year old had to do the kids class without her siblings. I forget what the exact age cut off was. We would have rather done one class all together. The adult class made a dog, the kid class made a monkey. I was able to watch my daughter make her cupcake, but I couldn't make one with her.

FYI....there will be room for you to watch your 9 year old create his cupcake, but not room to sit down with him.

We did have a good time, my girls are still talking about the great tasting frosting made out of butter. It took us a few days to eat the cupcakes, they were very big and heavy. :)

Edited by funfamilyof6

The cupcake class my "adult" kids attended on the LOS in the Cupcake Cupboard was held at the table just inside the front door of the cafe..not somewhere private and could not only be watched by us but by any one else that wanted to..including our Captain Patrick Dahlgren :D

• 2 years later...

Resurrecting an old thread...we are going on the Liberty in a week and my 6yr old daughter wants to do the cupcake class with my wife. Would it make more sense for my wife to sign them up for the kids class, or the adult class? She doesn't want to just watch, they want to actually decorate them together.

Is the "kids" class just an easier decoration? Do other parents also sign up for the kids class?

I am wondering as well. My 3 girls want to do this together but online it makes me sign up the 12 year in the adult class and the 10 year olds in the kids class, so we are skipping it. Not sure when a 12 year old became an adult. I might try once we get onboard and see what they say.

• 3 weeks later...

I also want to do this with my 13 YO Grand Daughter. Is there a link to sign up? I also heard that the make a dog or a hamburger on different days..and from what I have read the Hamburger is more fun. When do they do this...sea days? What time of day? Do you have a choice of times when you sign up.