How do you carry your onboard cruise card

kazda

I keep mine in my pocket too. I would never wear a lanyard - soooo unfashionable. ;)

Looks like We'll be the unfashionable ones then, with our Australian accent and wearing a laynard we won't be hard to miss. :eek:

Thanks all for the replies.

Gold money clip along with a few greenbacks. Salt water doesn't hurt either one and a few dead presidents (especially early in the cruise) sure improves the pristine service.

Clip is heavy enough that you know immediately if it is gone.

Since after our first cruise, my family band me from wearing a fanny pack, I just kept it in my pocket. On our last cruise my DW and I signed up for one of the cooking classes and we were given pretty cool lanyards. So I plan to use it again on our August 5 FOS cruise.

Since after our first cruise, my family band me from wearing a fanny pack, I just kept it in my pocket. On our last cruise my DW and I signed up for one of the cooking classes and we were given pretty cool lanyards. So I plan to use it again on our August 5 FOS cruise.

Your family is right.

I too am non fashionable wearing a lanyard with my SeaPass attached... Tried the pocket thing and it slipped out once. Also tried the wrist wallet thing and ended up with a really hard to explain tan so lanyard it is ;)

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

Whatever you do don't put them in a magnetized wallet or around magnets that hold wallet closed, or near your digital camera, the last cruise I had gone through three before the purser on duty finally realized I was 'deleting' my card by carrying it in a small wrist wallet [with magnetic closure] the third card was all alone with the camera, minus the wallet and he said the camera batteries could wipe it clean? Just a piece of wisdom to share...:rolleyes:

iPad / iPod / iPhone / iAnything will also wipe it out too... Conveniently found this out after having my SeaPass around my neck and was sitting with my iPad leaning against it... Go to drop the ipad off in the room... walk the length of Liberty to my aft stateroom... door won't open...back up to the elevator banks and down the stairs to Guest Services... Get new seapass... back up the stairs, back down the long hallways to the aft, back up the hall to the stairs, down the stairs, up the promenade to meet everyone @ Sorrentos,... Definitely earned my slice that night!!!

Sent from my iPad2 using Tapatalk

We'll dress up a bit for any meal in the MDR. So, during those times, our sea passes will be in my pocket or my wallet. But, otherwise, our passes will be in our lanyards around our necks easy to access, and nearly impossible to lose.

If that lanyard is unfashionable, so be it.

We're on vacation. The only one I'm looking to impress is Mrs. meinflorida. :D

If we go into the water, I have zippered pocket on my swim trunks with a Velcro flap as a back-up to the zipper.

Looks like We'll be the unfashionable ones then, with our Australian accent and wearing a laynard we won't be hard to miss. :eek:

Thanks all for the replies.

Well you won't be alone. So used to lanyards on P&O. Maybe I should grow up & ditch the lanyard!! It's really such a habit now. Not sure if I can cope with the separation anxiety.

Hey Stacey, can you post a picture of the wristlet?

Thanks,

Loralie

Sure can!

coachwristlett.jpg

This works well for me- walking around during a sea day or on a casual night....or anytime on board. It dangles from your wrist, it is small...it definitely is comfortable and easy to use on board!

Sure can!

coachwristlett.jpg

This works well for me- walking around during a sea day or on a casual night....or anytime on board. It dangles from your wrist, it is small...it definitely is comfortable and easy to use on board!

Love it!

I carry around a Very Bradley Hipster during the day.

Sure can!

coachwristlett.jpg

I have 2 of this same bag, in sequins, just for cruising ( one is silver and the others gold!) Yours is better, it will match either! Mine just fits my card, my Nikon water camera ( which I aso use on land) my compass folded up and any coupons I need.

During the day I use a zip pocket on my skort, or make DH carry it;)

I bought lanyards for the teens; very handy for kids!

I use duct tape, and tape the card to my face. That way I always know where it is....

What the heck is wrong with you, eh??? You're doing it all wrong! You're supposed to duct tape the CLOTHES PINS to the BUNGEE CORD that you have fashioned into a belt. Or if you forgot the bungee cord, you could used the PARTY LIGHTS and wrap them around you, as long as it's not plugged into the POWER STRIP at the same time as the CROCK POT and mini-refrigerator. Just in case you forgot where you put your SeaPass, you can always use your SHARPIE to write out POST-IT notes for yourself, and then duct tape those to your forehead.

Sheesh - Canucks!;)

I have a couple of lanyards from this online designer that are beautiful and you could certainly wear them as fashion because they are beautiful. Check them out http://www.womanrare.com

I bring a small suction hook and I put it on the inside of the door of the cabin and when I come in the door I hang it up and I never forget to take it with me because I see it when I open the door to leave.

I am standing corrected...when a fanny pack was mentioned I must confess that I use a very small one from Disney that is black leather with a built in wallet. I throw it around my shoulder and just carry a few small items so I guess my fashion sense is still challenged to some extent. I guess we all do what we can to get the job done.

I have a couple of lanyards from this online designer that are beautiful and you could certainly wear them as fashion because they are beautiful. Check them out http://www.womanrare.com

I bring a small suction hook and I put it on the inside of the door of the cabin and when I come in the door I hang it up and I never forget to take it with me because I see it when I open the door to leave.

Great website!

Archived