Penthouse on Constellation Question

cls711

Can anyone who has sailed in a Penthouse on the Constellation since the Solticization in 2010 tell me if there is a bar on the balcony as shown in the current deck plans on the Celebrity web site? It shows a bar with 3 or 4 bar stools. Also, did they build out benches around the "off limits" stairs on the balcony like they did on the Summit?

Thank you for the info and any pics would be awesome! :)

Come on all you suite (sweet) people! I know you're out there! The reason I'm asking about Penthouse particulars is that my son is getting married on the Constellation and I've booked the penthouse and would like to host some sail away and cocktail parties and would love to know what's on the balcony. Thanks again! :p

Thank you both for you answers! Disappointed, but grateful for the info. The wedding dept. is arranging for a cocktail party with a bartender, I just thought the bar on the balcony would be fun.

And no bench around the stairway either.

My guess is that if you want to have a party, your butler can arrange for bar service if that's what you want.

They did just this for a party in the Penthouse on Infinity following the recent "upgrade".

However, it was not just the bar that disappeared from Infinity. They did not even have a table on the balcony or computer in the suite at the start of the cruise and had to fight to get them. Having studied all the photographs on Cruise Critic and elsewhere on the Internet, I know the people in the suite were very disappointed in that aspect.

Sue

Can anyone who has sailed in a Penthouse on the Constellation since the Solticization in 2010 tell me if there is a bar on the balcony as shown in the current deck plans on the Celebrity web site? It shows a bar with 3 or 4 bar stools. Also, did they build out benches around the "off limits" stairs on the balcony like they did on the Summit?

Thank you for the info and any pics would be awesome! :)

We sail on Constellation next Sat.. We will let you know what is on the balcony.

Rob

They did just this for a party in the Penthouse on Infinity following the recent "upgrade".

However, it was not just the bar that disappeared from Infinity. They did not even have a table on the balcony or computer in the suite at the start of the cruise and had to fight to get them. Having studied all the photographs on Cruise Critic and elsewhere on the Internet, I know the people in the suite were very disappointed in that aspect.

Sue

DH and I are in PH 6147/Infinity in May, hopefully they've had time to replace the furniture on the Balcony, and get a computer in the room by now. I wasn't planning on bringing my tablet along but may just in case. :( I could care less about a the bar not being on the balcony any more.

DH and I are in PH 6147/Infinity in May, hopefully they've had time to replace the furniture on the Balcony, and get a computer in the room by now. I wasn't planning on bringing my tablet along but may just in case. :( I could care less about a the bar not being on the balcony any more.

They provided a table and computer for the PH on Infinity before the end of the cruise but the table was only the same size as in our RS and not the large one expected. Only the PHs had computers provided. I am not sure if the provision of computers in the PHs was permanent or just because the guests had complained.

We were told by the Associate Hotel Director that they had thought that the computers in the PH, RS and CS were "not wanted" by guests. The suggestion was that the "interactive TV" replaced the need for computers in the suites. On our cruise, at least, the "interactive TV" was not different from what had always been available on M-Class ships and no substitue.

It was impossible to get a clear explanation. It seemed almost as if the officers thought that we had a different TV system to that we had and, on reflection, it may be that an expected TV upgrade had not happened. There were so many similar problems with our post-dry-dock cruise that it was difficult to get straight answers.

If it is important to you to have access to a computer in your suite, I suggest you attempt to get a definitive answer before you sail. Certainly, the website description for the suite no longer says there is a computer available.

Sue

The Butler's Pantry in the PH is awesome: microwave oven and full-sized refrigerator/freezer; plus a sink. In addition, there is lots of storage in the cabinets, and every type of glassware and china.

I had the large table on the veranda when I was in the PH in 2010; and there WAS a computer. I have also been told that the butler can set you up with shipboard cell phones... but I never was offered them during my sailing.

We were on the Constellation last year, months after the Solticization, and a gracious couple in our roll call were nice enough to hold a couple of parties in their Penthouse suite:

Here is a link to a photo on the Veranda with 3 or 4 following: Click here

And here is a couple more as viewed from our FV cabin on the deck above: click here

BTW - we were also on the Constellation in 2009, in a C1 above the Penthouse, on the cruise where they removed the bar and made other alterations to the Penthouse veranda which they indicated were made to confirm with new safety requirements. It was not pleasant for us as you can see in this video:

Thank you lsimon! Can't get more firtsthand that that. Sorry you had to endure the construction (or de-constuction) noise. I hope there was an appology of some sort for the loss of enjoyment of your balcony.

Question - do you recall how many were at the party in the Penthouse, and did it feel crowded? We also have the adjoining Sky Suite and will have the balcony divider open. We're hoping 25-30 people for a sail away party won't feel crowded or put us over whatever the stated maximum capacity for the cabin is.

Thank you lsimon! Can't get more firtsthand that that. Sorry you had to endure the construction (or de-constuction) noise. I hope there was an appology of some sort for the loss of enjoyment of your balcony.

Question - do you recall how many were at the party in the Penthouse, and did it feel crowded? We also have the adjoining Sky Suite and will have the balcony divider open. We're hoping 25-30 people for a sail away party won't feel crowded or put us over whatever the stated maximum capacity for the cabin is.

I really don't remember but if I had to guess I'd guess it was in the 25 to 30 range and don't think that number would be a problem at all for the Penthouse.

We did receive a nice OBC good for a future cruise on the construction cruise, but I would have much preferred to have had the normal peace and quiet of the aft. Fortunately we were on a b2b cruise and all was finished just in time for the second leg of our cruise.

You should be award that, on Infinity, they refused to open the balcony divider between the two Penthouse Suites so do not depend on them doing this.

Sue

You should be award that, on Infinity, they refused to open the balcony divider between the two Penthouse Suites so do not depend on them doing this.

Sue

If you look at the photos in the first link in my post #12 above carefully you'll notice the center divider between the two penthouse suites is not designed to be opened but the divider between the penthouse and the adjoining sky suite is. It is one of just a handful of dividers on the M class that does open. However I think this is more for a convenience if needed than for expansion in room as adding that space will not make a material impact to the size of the gigantic penthouse veranda. The Penthouse veranda is almost 1100 square feet! The adjoining sky suite is under 100 as a standard sky suite is 57 sq ft and the veranda on this one is probably less than twice normal size.

If you look at the photos in the first link in my post #12 above carefully you'll notice the center divider between the two penthouse suites is not designed to be opened but the divider between the penthouse and the adjoining sky suite is. It is one of just a handful of dividers on the M class that does open. However I think this is more for a convenience if needed than for expansion in room as adding that space will not make a material impact to the size of the gigantic penthouse veranda. The Penthouse veranda is almost 1100 square feet! The adjoining sky suite is under 100 as a standard sky suite is 57 sq ft and the veranda on this one is probably less than twice normal size.

Right, and you don't need the crew to open that divider. You can open the divider yourself.

You should be award that, on Infinity, they refused to open the balcony divider between the two Penthouse Suites

Sue

I believe that is because the divider does not have a door that they can open between the Penthouse suites.

Archived