charge for serenity area

tipsy

Know there must be a thread on this somewhere but haven't been able to find it.

What are the fees for the serenity area and do you book ahead of time or just go there when want to?

Is it really kid free or lax about this?

Thank you

Serenity area is FREE, but better get there early to claim your seat! And I'm talking about actually sitting in it, not putting your bag there ;) If you wait past 10:30 or so, you will have trouble getting a spot. Actually, maybe even earlier than that since many people put a book, towel, sunscreen, or other items and then leave only to return and collect their items and leave again :rolleyes:

I have not seen any children in this area on any of my four cruises.:)

Enjoy:cool:

I was always able to find a spot in the Serentity area, the problem I had with it was that there were groups of adults who would gather and sit around chatting just as loudly as the teens and little kids, and some were playing card games... just as I would "settle in" for quiet comfort in the sun and breeze a LOUD raucous burst of laughter would shock me back to awareness! I kinda wish that grown ups understood what "serentiy" means and use other areas of the ship for noisy activities... I *might* pay to have a quiet place on the ship :)

My husband enjoyed the serenity area several times on our cruises. No, there is no charge. And no we never saw any children. We never had a hard time finding chairs but we usually went in the evening. On our very first cruise we were wondering around the ship late in the evening. I know it was after we had enjoyed our late dinner and it was pitch black skys. We made our way back to the serenity area and it was almost deserted, maybe 5-6 other people. We sat down and relaxed and watcherd the ocean. It was a very lovely time. But, like I said, we were always there in the evening or later, we were never at peak times that might require a fight for a chair.

Serenity area is free, but just like the Lido deck, chair hogging (and Hammock hogging) are widespread. I use the same procedue as on the Lido - moving things if the chair is unoccupied for 20 minutes with no owner in sight - I always check to see if they're in the hot tub - a "hey, is this anybody's seat?' is efective. If they come back, I vacate the seat, but ususally don't have to do this as they usuallly do not come back while I am there ) There usually aren't any kids there becasue it is boring for them. no pool, nothing to interest them.

What are the fees for the serenity area and do you book ahead of time or just go there when want to?

Thank you

No fee on Carnival for Serenity area. Princess DOES charge for it. :mad:

Thank you

you just have to reserve your seat with a towel, and come back later.

Serenity area is free, but just like the Lido deck, chair hogging (and Hammock hogging) are widespread. I use the same procedue as on the Lido - moving things if the chair is unoccupied for 20 minutes with no owner in sight - I always check to see if they're in the hot tub - a "hey, is this anybody's seat?' is efective. If they come back, I vacate the seat, but ususally don't have to do this as they usuallly do not come back while I am there ) There usually aren't any kids there becasue it is boring for them. no pool, nothing to interest them.

I am like you - on the Lido I usually just wonder and will find a chair eventually as I don't need to be by the pool, however, on the Serenity Deck I am different - I will definitely move articles if the chair is vacant for 1/2 hour or more. I will sit under canopy and read and keep my eye on an area and if no one comes I will take it with no apology. If someone comes later and says it is theirs I lie through my teeth and tell them 'there were people sitting there and told me I could take the seats as they were done and they had been there over an hour". POINT MADE about time frame though.

Also, the box lunches up there are free and nice not to have to wait in line on the Lido. And never had a problem with kids - they some times come to touch base with Mom or Dad by never stay - in fact I have seen the attendant stop them before they are allowed in

you just have to reserve your seat with a towel, and come back later.

That is the problem!!! Everyone reserving a seat? If one is not on the deck. They should remove their Stuff and leave it for those who will use it. What was the term on another post. Chair Hogging. There is a no reserve policy.

That is the problem!!! Everyone reserving a seat? If one is not on the deck. They should remove their Stuff and leave it for those who will use it. What was the term on another post. Chair Hogging. There is a no reserve policy.

they don't, so indulge! it's everybody's vacation, and everyone always says they don't notice what others are wearing or doing.

Also, the box lunches up there are free and nice not to have to wait in line on the Lido. And never had a problem with kids - they some times come to touch base with Mom or Dad by never stay - in fact I have seen the attendant stop them before they are allowed in

What's in the box lunches? do you get a choice? and are there specific times when these are available?

I was on Fascination pool deck last year, trying so hard to find a seat. There were several in a row that we "reserved" with a book, pair of sunglasses, etc...I waited and watched for a long time, then went to one that was "reserved" with a book, and moved the book to the back of the chair so I could just sit on the edge while watching the deck games. about 15 mins later, this lady came over and told me that that chair, along with the 3 beside it were hers so I needed to move!! I am not one to fight, so I got up and left her the seats. We ended up sitting on the deck floor, with PLENTY of loungers who were home to books, towels, glasses, etc for well over on hour. Maybe at least the numerous romance novels got a good tan ;) oh well...it didn't ruin my cruise...We still had a great time. Just wish Carnival would wrangle the chair hogs :D

I found that a good way to reserve a seat or chair is by going to a novelty shop and buying some fake puke and doggy poop never had problems. Buy a lot of it in case you lose some. The puke works great in the buffet, theater and lounges.

The poop is good by the pool and hot tub. What really works is if the hot tub or pool is full. Throw some in for laughs. It is amazing how fast some of those old folks can move.

4/1. :eek:

I found that a good way to reserve a seat or chair is by going to a novelty shop and buying some fake puke and doggy poop never had problems. Buy a lot of it in case you lose some. The puke works great in the buffet, theater and lounges.

The poop is good by the pool and hot tub. What really works is if the hot tub or pool is full. Throw some in for laughs. It is amazing how fast some of those old folks can move.

4/1. :eek:

You are a sick puppy :eek:

I'm sorry but I thought I read somewhere that this area is what used to be the "adults only pool area" and that they in fact still had a small pool back there. i am just confused did they do away with the pool. Oh and I will be sailing on the Miracle if that makes any difference. Thanks in advance for the info :D.

Archived