Does Serenity area allow women to sunbath topless?

rydan

Can of worms opened!:D

I nursed all of my kids, in public but so discretely one would have to be looking very, very closely indeed to be aware of it, but I've heard on forums, inteviews, and the like, some people - women, even - declaring that nursing in public is "disgusting" and should be relegated to the bathroom where other "bodily functions" are performed. Jeesh.

I have heard that as well. However I dont think any of those people who say that would eat their lunch in the bathroom!

There is such a simple solution to this. All the OP has to do is cover-her-nipples. She can still tan without the lines and still be within Carnival's guidelines.

There are several places to buy the nipple-pasties. Victoria's Secret is one place and even Walmart sells a brand that is shaped like a Daisy. They are mainly made for times when you have a dress or a top that will not allow you to wear a bra. The pasties will cover you up so you do not get the head-light affect.

There is a web site that carries waterproof pasties so you can swim with out fear of them coming off. The site is www dot pastease dot com

They come in all kinds of colors and designs.

To the OP, just cover your nipples girl and go get your tan on.

:):)

i have no issues with seeing topless women. ;) the more the merrier.

But i think op's question was quite charged and had an attitude of being ready to go on defensive. That's why she received some of the answers she received. And reading her follow up posts i am now pretty sure she did.

exactomundo :)

Once again we American's prove how prudish and backwards we are
Honestly!

Like if we all didn't start life, right there...at the good ole bOOb. :cool:

You'd think breasts were a real Problem somehow..

If you cruise to Mexico or St. Marteen you can go topless if you want. Always catches me off guard when we've gone to beaches in those ports & everywhere I look boobies!!!! :o

I dont even need to travel for that..... we have topless and clothing optional beaches all around SF:eek::D

So no more "TOPLESS SUNBATHING". So, Is wearing pasties considered topless?:confused::);):rolleyes::D

If you don't have pasties how about sun bathing with just a cork and two bottle caps? :rolleyes:

I have no issues with seeing topless women. ;) The more the merrier.

But I think OP's question was quite charged and had an attitude of being ready to go on defensive. That's why she received some of the answers she received. And reading her follow up posts I am now pretty sure she did.

I didn't think that at all after the intial post. I think some of the initial responses were rude and perhaps made her feel she needed to defend herself. Too bad because she didn't.

Once again we American's prove how prudish and backwards we are

I wouldn't call an American a prude and a backward thinker for keeping their top on any more than I would call a European overtly sexual or forward thinking for taking it off. It is just a cultural thing and it is not really a mainstream part of American culture, especially with older generations. That's the bottom line so why give someone who is uncomfortable with it a hard time? To me that in itself is a little backwards.

cruisenanny "It is just a cultural thing and it is not really a mainstream part of American culture, especially with older generations. That's the bottom line so why give someone who is uncomfortable with it a hard time?"

Yep, wouldn't want to give any one a "hard time". So keep those tops on! :D

cruisenanny "It is just a cultural thing and it is not really a mainstream part of American culture, especially with older generations. That's the bottom line so why give someone who is uncomfortable with it a hard time?"

Yep, wouldn't want to give any one a "hard time". So keep those tops on! :D

Funny!:p

• 5 months later...
the breeze has a topless area i hear, i am looking it up as we speak:D

LOL - the only way you could have found

a thread from April is using the search -

let me guess what you were looking for. :rolleyes:

And no - there is no topless areas on

any Carnival ships - it's a thing of

the past. For better or for worse..

(from what I heard about the old

ladies "hanging" out up there -

it's for the better!)

Does anoyone know if I can sunbath Topless in the Serenity area?

1) Yes, I am a women.

2) And no im not a "10"

3) Just want an even tan for once

4) dont care who sees them after nursing 2 kids.

At this point on CCL I believe you could probably even get away with it on Elegant Night in the MDR.

No. I'm not kidding.

Seriously?

Seriously?? I guess you didn't sail on Carnival back when they had a topless deck (very top deck) LOL

My first cruise on Imagination they still had it

It was pretty famous and people on these boards etc were seriously angry when they discontinued it

In fact, cruises used to be much more "adult" then they are now

I have cruised on MSC, an Italian line that only sails a limited amount from Florida in the winter...some women discreetly went topless there,

mostly on the top deck

It's not my "thing" BUT I don't object. Europeans seem to think nothing of it.

Seriously?? I guess you didn't sail on Carnival back when they had a topless deck (very top deck) LOL

My first cruise on Imagination they still had it

It was pretty famous and people on these boards etc were seriously angry when they discontinued it

In fact, cruises used to be much more "adult" then they are now

I have cruised on MSC, an Italian line that only sails a limited amount from Florida in the winter...some women discreetly went topless there,

mostly on the top deck

It's not my "thing" BUT I don't object. Europeans seem to think nothing of it.

You've seen one - you've seen them both...

haha probly right but i swore i read it somewhere, guess my buddy and i will b a bit dissapointed but will get over it.
Ah, the good old days.

See the bottom pic in my signature.

Archived