Do not fall for the GYM/SPA marketing trash!

Universe93B

I'm glad I was born a natural skeptic. One of the people selling the energy bracelets in a mall performed a very convincing demonstration of them on me. I was able to say "no thanks for now" and then research them on my own time. Needless to say, they're quackery. I've also managed to say "no thanks" to my neighbors who sell açaí juice.

Disagree. There is plenty of money to be and being made in quakery, at the expense of people with medical maladies real and imagined, too ill informed to know better! And 99.99% of these so-called "natural", "alternative medicine", ancient healing stuff is indeed quakery! Homeopathic products for example are diluted to the extent that they are no more that pure water, or fillers for those that are in tablet form. Ear candle waxing is another "treatment" that does nothing and can leave wax residual inside the ears, yet is pushed as being "cleansive".

What I love is all the claims of the ancient healing techniques of acupuncture/acupressure that get pushed by the spas. These are about as ancient as your grandma. Acupuncture was devised in the 1930s by a Chinese non-physican based on that ancient "proven" technique of blood-letting. it languished until the late 1950s/60s when Mao, in one of his many "Great Leap Backwards" schemes brought in into the fore simply because it was Chinese not Western. Acupressure is a derivative of acupuncture simply because many Westerners are squeamish around needles. Neither "cure" anything.

Hey Hey, what have the Quakers ever done to you? Are you saying that Quakers are purveyors of Quackery?

Detox, cleansing and etc all buzz words that have no validity. Your body will clean itself if you give it a chance and start eating properly. Everyone wants a quick easy pill and will fall for anything if they can just push that easy button.

We attended one. They wanted $50 to analyze us and then recommend a plan. We asked a question and he got hostile telling us that we are stupid Americans that are brainwashed by our government. He knew that he couldnt sell us anything as both my wife and I exercise, eat properly, and are trim and healthy.

He then said that I was stupid and why I was wasting my time by attending the seminar when it was apparent that I didn't need it. I told him that I am always looking for a way to improve and learn. He said than shut up and listen, let me finish and don't ask any questions.

The whole thing is a joke. We always write on the comment cards that they should be eliminated form the cruises

I would have taken his name and reported him to Carnival. Nobody should talk to a customer that way.

i dont know much about algae pills but without researching it how would you know. i know body cleanses can be good for you. and are people claiming that acupuncture doesnt help people. give me a break. people benefit from acupuncture and alternative medicine all the time.

Over the years, research has proven many health benefits associated with algae. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement to improve general health and wellness. Some of the important health benefits of algae include:

It is known to have a high concentration of beta-carotene that helps fight some types of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.

Full of antioxidants, algae restricts the growth of free radicals and toxins. Antioxidants also aid in production of necessary enzymes needed to keep the body's function smooth.

As it is organic in nature and full of enzymes, it is easily digestible and light on the stomach. It is known to facilitate smooth bowel movements, thereby preventing abdominal muscle associated diseases.

Algae is considered a complete source of protein, as it contains amino acids, minerals and many vitamins, essential for the growth of hair, skin and nails.

Algae contains immune boosting and stimulating properties such as amino acids, minerals, proteins and vitamins. These help fight infections, detoxify the immune system, and aid in building the body's resistance to infections.

There are only two sources of GLA found; mother's milk and spirulina, a blue-green algae. GLA is essential for the development and growth of babies. Deficiency in nutrition reduces GLA in the mother's milk, which results in poor baby health.

Algae is known to treat diabetes, anemia, liver disease, ulcers, allergies, radiation and chemical poisoning. Its concentrated sugar stabilizes blood sugar levels in people with high or low blood sugar.

Algae ensures a healthy nutrient level for people who diet, as well as people who detoxify their bodies regularly. The amino acids present in algae are known to influence neurotransmitters in the brain that control appetite.

A balanced diet consists 80% alkaline food and 20% acidic food. An acidic body is vulnerable to diseases. Algae is considered as a natural source of alkaline food.

Other Benefits of Algae

It contains calcium and magnesium, which are essential for strong bones.

I would have taken his name and reported him to Carnival. Nobody should talk to a customer that way.

I did and also wrote it on the comment card. He was very arrogant and a complete jerk. I guess he didn't like that I asked a honest question that he didn't have a answer for.

Plus the way that he responded didn't help with any sales during that session as many of the customes talked to me on the way out and thanked me for asking the question.

He was saying that the algae cleans the water and is a natural filter. When you take the algae tablets the algae cleans out your body and helps adjust your PH and breaks down the water that encompasses your fat cells thus allowing your body to burn the fat.

My question was how does a algae tablet clean your body when it is dead? And if your PH is so acidic it would kill any algae even if it were alive as anyone that ever had a swimming pool knows.

I did and also wrote it on the comment card. He was very arrogant and a complete jerk. I guess he didn't like that I asked a honest question that he didn't have a answer for.

Plus the way that he responded didn't help with any sales during that session as many of the customes talked to me on the way out and thanked me for asking the question.

He was saying that the algae cleans the water and is a natural filter. When you take the algae tablets the algae cleans out your body and helps adjust your PH and breaks down the water that encompasses your fat cells thus allowing your body to burn the fat.

My question was how does a algae tablet clean your body when it is dead? And if your PH is so acidic it would kill any algae even if it were alive as anyone that ever had a swimming pool knows.

I have learned that when people discourage questions during or after their presentations that they are generally up to no good. Especially when they want to answer them privately so others cannot listen and question the answers.

Disagree. There is plenty of money to be and being made in quakery, at the expense of people with medical maladies real and imagined, too ill informed to know better!

There is money to be made by quackery in regular medicine and in alternative medicine, but there is not money to be made seeking FDA approval for something 300 other companies can also sell. That was the point they were trying to make.

Do you think The Yellow Emperor is just a joke that the Chinese are playing on us? Do you approach the medicines your doctor prescribes with this level of skepticism? It's well documented that the pharmaceutical companies will suppress studies they don't like the results of.

I research anything I'm considering taking. I'll take garlic over statins (wait...I'll never TOUCH statins), and if it doesn't work? I'm out a bit of money and haven't done permanent damage to myself like some people have with statins. I look at efficacy, results, and possible side effects. If the side effects are minimal, it may be worth a shot even without FDA approval.

Over the years, research has proven many health benefits associated with algae. It is commonly used as a dietary supplement to improve general health and wellness. Some of the important health benefits of algae include:

It is known to have a high concentration of beta-carotene that helps fight some types of cancer and cardiovascular diseases.

Full of antioxidants, algae restricts the growth of free radicals and toxins. Antioxidants also aid in production of necessary enzymes needed to keep the body's function smooth.

As it is organic in nature and full of enzymes, it is easily digestible and light on the stomach. It is known to facilitate smooth bowel movements, thereby preventing abdominal muscle associated diseases.

Algae is considered a complete source of protein, as it contains amino acids, minerals and many vitamins, essential for the growth of hair, skin and nails.

Algae contains immune boosting and stimulating properties such as amino acids, minerals, proteins and vitamins. These help fight infections, detoxify the immune system, and aid in building the body's resistance to infections.

There are only two sources of GLA found; mother's milk and spirulina, a blue-green algae. GLA is essential for the development and growth of babies. Deficiency in nutrition reduces GLA in the mother's milk, which results in poor baby health.

Algae is known to treat diabetes, anemia, liver disease, ulcers, allergies, radiation and chemical poisoning. Its concentrated sugar stabilizes blood sugar levels in people with high or low blood sugar.

Algae ensures a healthy nutrient level for people who diet, as well as people who detoxify their bodies regularly. The amino acids present in algae are known to influence neurotransmitters in the brain that control appetite.

A balanced diet consists 80% alkaline food and 20% acidic food. An acidic body is vulnerable to diseases. Algae is considered as a natural source of alkaline food.

Other Benefits of Algae

It contains calcium and magnesium, which are essential for strong bones.

Hahaha okay? And where did you get this information from, probably a site that sells the Algae pills? Don't believe everything you hear and see. You are the perfect person that these seminars and ridiculous talks are geared towards.

There is money to be made by quackery in regular medicine and in alternative medicine, but there is not money to be made seeking FDA approval for something 300 other companies can also sell. That was the point they were trying to make.

Do you think The Yellow Emperor is just a joke that the Chinese are playing on us? Do you approach the medicines your doctor prescribes with this level of skepticism? It's well documented that the pharmaceutical companies will suppress studies they don't like the results of.

I research anything I'm considering taking. I'll take garlic over statins (wait...I'll never TOUCH statins), and if it doesn't work? I'm out a bit of money and haven't done permanent damage to myself like some people have with statins. I look at efficacy, results, and possible side effects. If the side effects are minimal, it may be worth a shot even without FDA approval.

great point. wheres the like button.

Archived