any way to get free wifi on Milennium?

lakamper

Taking off in just 10 days and so excited! Leaving kiddos at home and would like to do a daily check-in/email with them, wondering if there is a way to get free wifi on board or how that works??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Taking off in just 10 days and so excited! Leaving kiddos at home and would like to do a daily check-in/email with them, wondering if there is a way to get free wifi on board or how that works??

Any help is greatly appreciated!

NO! You need to pay for it to receive it.The system can be very slow at times. Skype not available with their Wifi. You may find a free Wifi spot while in port. You'll see lots of crew nursing a coffee at Starbucks.

Should note that if you are Elite (10 or more cruise points) you get a free 90 minute package.

I am sure they can survive a day or two and there are places in port where you get free wifi. Most crew members know where those places are.

If it is really that important I think they sell packages but don't expect fast speeds or connections. I never used it but always read that it is slow and expensive. Even the crew members don't use the wifi on board because they are charged the same as passengers.

You can use an iPad with 3G in US Ports get wifi on the ship without paying X.

In some foreign ports on the ship ATT in roaming mode will get you to the internet but depending upon the country may exceed the X wifi charge.

Do your vetting before leaving home to maximize your dollars.

I paid for the cheapest package as soon as I got on the boat last year when I sailed with my mother (believe there was a discount for the 1st day). This was to check in with my husband and little one and it worked perfect for me. I would send an email in the morning and would check back a little later to see the reply. My husband and I did this several times over my 5 day cruise.

If you do buy a package onboard I suggest you type out your email/text whatever offline before you log on and then log on just to send it. That way you don't waste time when you're already logged on (at extortionate cruise ship rates!)

If you mention which ports you'll be calling at you should get some tips on here as to where you can get free wifi - otherwise ask the crew.

I would hope it would be easy to get it in Alaskan ports? DH is self employed and never is really "on vacation". We have never been without WiFi at any land resort so this will be a little frustrating for him. He usually spends 1-2 hours per day on vacation working on his IPad and emailing. Luckily we have 4 port days.

I would hope it would be easy to get it in Alaskan ports? DH is self employed and never is really "on vacation". We have never been without WiFi at any land resort so this will be a little frustrating for him. He usually spends 1-2 hours per day on vacation working on his IPad and emailing. Luckily we have 4 port days.

In the larger ports you will find wi-fi locations. If it's important to be in constant contact then buy a package from X.

Archived