Just Boarded Liberty; cruise begins!

PaulMedik

Found the Paradise Beach Ice Berg deflated and laying back behind the chairs at the far end of the beach :o. The good news is that later in the day they inflated it and soaked it down checking for leaks so it looks like they are gonna still have an Ice Berg @ Paradise Beach. :cool:

We had a great day! ~1800 pics taken so it must have been at least a little interesting. :D

Sailing South to Belize. Very smooth sailing thus far.

Found the Paradise Beach Ice Berg deflated and laying back behind the chairs at the far end of the beach :o. The good news is that later in the day they inflated it and soaked it down checking for leaks so it looks like they are gonna still have an Ice Berg @ Paradise Beach. :cool:

We had a great day! ~1800 pics taken so it must have been at least a little interesting. :D

Sailing South to Belize. Very smooth sailing thus far.

Hope you are enjoying your cruise. Thanks for coming on and giving us a blow by blow of it! Looking forward to your full review when you return. BTW - I found out they deflate the iceberg each nite, and re-inflate it each day. Seems the iceberg's lines were getting jerked around by rough weather/waves at night, and the iceberg was getting ripped too often- too expensive to replace so frequently. So they make the decision based on waves/weather to re-inflate it each a.m. Enjoy Belize, and the rest of your cruise.:)

Cruise is going great and may be our best ever! Great weather so far; rain for the last two hours in Roatan and while in the tender line back to the ship in Grand Cayman today. In Roatan it cleared the beach and eliminated the long lines back on the ship and in Grand Cayman it was refreshing after a hot hot hot day.

I started another thread about this evening, but figured I'd post it here for some continuity;

I won the BlackJack Tournament!

In the qualifying round I was in second for quite a while with $5900 and by the time the Championship round began I was in fourth.

I chose chair #4 for the Championship round. By the final hand we were down to three contestants; Female in chair #5 was in first with $3500, I was in second with $3100, and male in seat #2 was in third with $2000. I finished with $6100, player #2 finished with $4000, and Player #5 finished with $1200.

We each received a T Shirt and two $5 match play coupons. I got a tray of $5 chips totalling $500 and a 24k gold plastic ship on a stick. :cool: I asked for black chips to go with my other blackjack winnings but they didn't have any at the table. :p

Karen and I have racked up a lot of points playing electronic blackjack (assuming they count the like slots). We've played each evening for a couple of hours and bet $25 per hand and some with $50 and a few @ $100. We aren't down any, but we aren't up as much as we could be. ;)

Darn it! I shouldn't have clicked on this thread. We'll be on the Liberty in three weeks. Reading this thread has only tripled my anticipation! :D I am so ready to go! Hope you're having a great cruise! Hope to read your full review before we sail.

Well, on the eve of your return, I hope you had a great cruise! I can't wait to hear all about it, since I JUST LOVE your reviews. You sailed on the Freedom the same year I did, and I remember drooling over your review! Welcome back (when you actually get here, lol) NOW START POSTING!!!

Well, hopefully Paul and family are getting ready to debark. It's 7:20A. They'll be getting off to some cloudy weather. Rain in Miami last night. Embassy Suites-Airport parking lot looks flooded from out windows at La Quinta next door. We're heading down to the port in a couple of hours.

Paul, will read your review on our return! Ship positions looked like it was smooth sailing:D

Well, hopefully Paul and family are getting ready to debark. It's 7:20A. They'll be getting off to some cloudy weather. Rain in Miami last night. Embassy Suites-Airport parking lot looks flooded from out windows at La Quinta next door. We're heading down to the port in a couple of hours.

Paul, will read your review on our return! Ship positions looked like it was smooth sailing:D

Have a great cruise!

Paul, looking forward to your review :)

Hi Paul,

We were on this sailing too and had a wonderful time. We were also at Paradise Beach the same day. First time for us and we loved it!! Our teenage boys (and mom and dad, too) thoroughly enjoyed the toys.

My husband and I noticed a fellow with a very long lens taking ++ pictures - could it have been you? Front row beach chairs, sort of in the middle of the chair area? My husband was having lens envy as he only took one of his. I read that you took 1800 pics!! Will be looking to see if there are shots of my kids on the toys when you post your pics. That would be fun!!

Thank you all for the kind words and encouragement. Without a doubt this was my most relaxing and enjoyable cruise. I guess when you look forward to something for so long yet have no preconceived notions of bliss, that you are then able to fully realize bliss. I realize that sounds like word soup, but I didn't get one single massage during my cruise, yet each day began and ended with the feeling of just having had a full body deep tissue massage.

Hi Paul,

We were on this sailing too and had a wonderful time. We were also at Paradise Beach the same day. First time for us and we loved it!! Our teenage boys (and mom and dad, too) thoroughly enjoyed the toys.

My husband and I noticed a fellow with a very long lens taking ++ pictures - could it have been you? Front row beach chairs, sort of in the middle of the chair area? My husband was having lens envy as he only took one of his. I read that you took 1800 pics!! Will be looking to see if there are shots of my kids on the toys when you post your pics. That would be fun!!

Teamv,

Yes that was me; my shoulder wasn't pleased that I took five lenses and two tele extenders :o You should have had him come down and borrow a lens or two; I loaned my camera to a young photo enthusiest @ Paradise Beach and she got some great shots.

My total for the week was ~8000 pics. Pics from Cozumel are online now and I'm up to Roatan with uploads; my internet provider will likely put a hit out on me by the time I'm done. :D

Glad you had a great cruise! Can't wait for your review (and you know i'm not a patient woman!!!) . Hoping you get it up before I leave. Loved your FB pics.

Jill,

I'm hoping to get all the pics uploaded this week....

You are too patient!

Thank you all for the well wishes.

We're now underway after delay til 6pm. Not sure if delay was due to USCG inspection or to remove some passengers who shouldnt have been on board; long story.

Pouring the rain as we turn around now to head out. Hopefully this will be all of our rain.

Got a lot of pics so far of NCL, Celebrity x2, and Destiny. Lots of new balcony club members on NCL & Celebrity ..... Yes I got pics, no ill not upload. :D

Deck 7 private and room; will do.

Typing review daily with plans to add pics and post on CC soon after return.

We were leaving the Liberty as you you boarding. I was told by our Steakhouse server that turnaround day was going to be a 'bitc_' this week because of mandatory Coast Guard and USDOHS crew inspection....a double whammy.

Ironically it was also pouring rain when we departed but didn't get us on our travels at all.....

We were leaving the Liberty as you you boarding. I was told by our Steakhouse server that turnaround day was going to be a 'bitc_' this week because of mandatory Coast Guard and USDOHS crew inspection....a double whammy.

Ironically it was also pouring rain when we departed but didn't get us on our travels at all.....

That would explain the really intense, long crew drill that we watched! Crewmembers lining the hallways in silence for quite some time...

Archived