Jolly Roger BARBADOS

I did this excursion in 2001 when it was available to book. I have no idea if its back operating or not. All I can is, the Rum Punch they serve you is very smooth, but when you try to get up and walk, OMG!!! You feel fine at first and then BAMMM!!! You won't be feeling any pain thats for sure! :D I needed a designated "Walker" back to my cabin.

Hey heard that The Jolly Roger is back in Barbados! Can anyone give me some information on that?
Jolly Roger IS BACK to Barbados, and operating.

If you're on Facebook, they have themselves a Page...at URL

https://www.facebook.com/barbadosblackpearljollyroger1

so go take a look.

Their trips start out from Bridgetown itself (not near the pier, like it used to be)

You can walk it, if you're up to it -take maybe 15 mins. realistically, maybe 20 if you're slow, or it's hot that day .

All I can say is, the Rum Punch they serve you is very smooth, but when you try to get up and walk, OMG!!!

You feel fine at first and then BAMMM!!! You won't be feeling any pain thats for sure! :D ===> Sounds like White Rum? :)

I needed a designated "Walker" back to my cabin.

When I was a young lad back in the Summer of 1976, I worked on board, doing the photographs.

...let's say I saw a few things, in that time :)

But my reason for posting is to warn you that the Rum Punch I saw being served back then

was verifiably 50% Rum, OK?

The barman filled the small barrels from which you guys get it, every morning before the crowd gets on board.

He walks with two containers of equal volume, one of fruit punch mix

the other of Rum.

He uncorks the filler cap , sticks in a funnel -and lets fly both containers into the funnel

so it mixes as it pours!

Thank you for your attention to this mixing method. ;)

I did this excursion in 2001 when it was available to book. I have no idea if its back operating or not. All I can is, the Rum Punch they serve you is very smooth, but when you try to get up and walk, OMG!!! You feel fine at first and then BAMMM!!! You won't be feeling any pain thats for sure! :D I needed a designated "Walker" back to my cabin.

I never felt anything from their drinks and I drank a lot the day were on it. DH said he didn't feel anything either. I'm not much of a drinker, just on cruises, so I thought I'd really be out of it. This was about three years ago, though.

July 2002...Southern Caribbean cruise on the Destiny....best excursion I was ever on....had a wine flask filled with the rum punch when we went ashore to the beach....made many friends there giving out samples, especially of the female persuasion ;) My buddy who was with me never made it to dinner that night. I still look back on that cruise with a big smile.

Hey heard that The Jolly Roger is back in Barbados! Can anyone give me some information on that?

OMG I did this waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back in 1997. I do believe that when I was dancing on the edge of the ship one of the crew said, "whoever is in charge of that woman, get her down from there."

:o

It was a GREAT excursion and I'd do it again in a HEARTBEAT!

Woohoo....the Jolly Roger!!!!!!!!!! Yes I do remember! Yes remember! I have always been, even back in my youth, one who had an absolute need to hang on to my "senses"! My best freinds and I had a cue called "PNR". We worked in the airline industry and PNR, then meant "passenger name record", but to us it meant "point of no return":D I was back in the day always vigilant to know when I met my PNR! Ha ha. Jolly Roger.....Me, and my friends stayed within our "senses". But we were feeling no pain either! Bus ride back to our hotel, there was a poor guy who was snoring on the back seat, and no one knew where he was supposed to be going. People got dropped off here and there, this hotel and that, we were on the way back to ours, when the poor sot woke up, and announced that he was supposed to be back to work at the "station". His buddies had left him on the bus, and my boyfriend tried to ask him which hotel he stayed at, and the guy looked at him like he was nuts. He said " Im not at a hotel, Im supposed to be at the "station"! What station, boyfriend asks, and poor drunk hungover guy says. Police station! Gots to go to work! We were a little concerned for the guy. But the tour bus driver said he knew where the guy belonged, so we got off at our hotel. I must say I did worry about the guy a bit, since he kept saying Tonto Tonto, station, and we being Canadians, thought he was a Toronto cop. Oh my.....the memories from my youth. This goes back to 1985.

Jolly Roger rum punch, can even knock out a vacationing cop! ( at least we thought that was what he might have been )

Great fun though swinging off that rope and dropping into the sea. Great memories there.:)

Archived