OMG, new to Carnival Cruises am just..

Markmom18

so tired seeing this message boards re: Chair Hogs/Choggs etc etc. End of that statement. WHAT I AM EXCITED ABOUT: going on a cruise out of Los Angeles/no airfare involved. SAVING: we can actually go on our FIRST VACATION IN 3 YEARS. GRATEFUL: for the two items above. I love my family and am just so happy that we can go on a vacation again. :D

Hint: Save your sanity. Dont open those threads

Jeebuzz, I know you are right...and here comes the BUTTTT, it is the car crash analogy....I slow down and have read these posts. My sanity is fine, last my hubby & I checked :p

Welcome to the Carnival board! You'll have a great time. The issues (chair hogging, cutting in line, etc, etc, etc) are real, but only YOU can decide how much they affect you.

After 13 Carnival cruises, we've learned to just ignore these issues and enjoy our cruises. Otherwise we would've said goodbye to cruising a looooong time ago!

I'm getting tired of all those threads too - negative this, negative that. blah, blah. I've quit looking at them. Wouldn't it be great to see that many positive threads? Nothing in life is perfect. It's how a person deals with issues that is important. On vacation, as in "real life," I tend to ignore and overlook rudeness and negativity - why let it drag me down?!

You seem like a positive person.... you'll have a wonderful time no matter what. It's great that you and your family are able to go on a well-deserved vacation again. Enjoy!

You'll have a great time, Mark . . . Have cruised the SPLENDOR twice and the third time is coming up in a week and a half. Food is very good, buffet is seldom crowded, and I never noticed any chair hogs. The weather is terrific in Mexico this time of the year. Maybe a little cooler on the first day and the last day, but its all good. You'll have a great cruise. Disregard a lot of the negative comments. Some of these clowns NEVER have anything good to say about Carnival (yah know, the cruise line with the dominant market share :rolleyes:). Often they're just envious miserable people. Enjoy your cruise.:)

You'll have a great time, Mark . . . Have cruised the SPLENDOR twice and the third time is coming up in a week and a half. Food is very good, buffet is seldom crowded, and I never noticed any chair hogs. The weather is terrific in Mexico this time of the year. Maybe a little cooler on the first day and the last day, but its all good. You'll have a great cruise. Disregard a lot of the negative comments. Some of these clowns NEVER have anything good to say about Carnival (yah know, the cruise line with the dominant market share :rolleyes:). Often they're just envious miserable people. Enjoy your cruise.:)

Will my June 10 splendor cruise be cold first day in and out?

We are coming from Australia so limited luggage,jackets needed?

I thought it would be quite hot that time of year?

Den

Have a great time and let me know how your first Carnival cruise turns out. I can't wait for mine! I don't read the chair hog threads. There are tons of them on the NCL board also (and on the ships) but I've never had difficulty finding a place to sit. The last thing I'm going to do on my vacation is watch a chair for 45 minutes to see if someone comes back. My vacation time is wayyyyyy too valuable for that.

Don't worry.....there's a LOT to love about Carnival

AFFORDABLE< good food, lots of it, nice sized cabins, lots to do, nightlife ..FUN

I am personally paying for airfare/hotels etc for first time (Seattle to Alaska) and

while it is worth it cause I really really want to see Alaska, I do feel the strain,

both money and time/logistics etc. I am used to cruising from home here in

Florida and I can say it is soooo easy to cruise from your own "homeport"

so much easier :)

They are the FUN ships after all......so go, enjoy and have FUN :)

so tired seeing this message boards re: Chair Hogs/Choggs etc etc. End of that statement. WHAT I AM EXCITED about: going on a cruise out of Los Angeles/no airfare involved. SAVING: we can actually go on our FIRST VACATION IN 3 YEARS. GRATEFUL: for the two items above. I love my family and am just so happy that we can go on a vacation again. :D

Chair hogs, and many other hot topics, have never been an issue for us on any cruises. To be honest, I wouldn't even know what a chair hog was except for these boards:rolleyes:

Will my June 10 splendor cruise be cold first day in and out?

We are coming from Australia so limited luggage,jackets needed?

I thought it would be quite hot that time of year?

Den

June will be much better than right now. But, in fairness, it won't be BLAZING hot on the ship the 1st sea day or the last sea day. A sweater for the evening wouldn't hurt for the 1st night and the last night. Usually by noon on the first sea day it is nice and cozy. But the tradeoff is the heat will be much more manageable in Mexico (mid 80s now). We are getting temps here in LA in the mid 80s so summer is on its way. I think you'll be fine in June (did this cruise last year a week earlier than you).

FWIW, the 1st sea day and last sea day cruising out of New York or Baltimore would be very similar.

Whooty whoo to the positive comments to my post!!! Joni Mitchell said "You don't know what you've got till it's gone" ....My family is truly SO grateful to go on vacation again.

Sad, yes, that RCCL pulled their ships out of Los Angeles. Excited, to try out Carnival :)

I know you can't change others, only yourself. Chair hog worriers ??? :confused:

Archived