Island Princess - Coffee Card

Nymue

Greetings~

We recently sailed the Ruby and I purchased a Coffee Card. I still has half of its punches left. I know there is no International Cafe on the Island, where can I use it? Is there any place on board that has specialty coffee?

Thanks in Advance, Anne

La Patisserie in the Piazza.

Greetings~

We recently sailed the Ruby and I purchased a Coffee Card. I still has half of its punches left. I know there is no International Cafe on the Island, where can I use it? Is there any place on board that has specialty coffee?

Thanks in Advance, Anne

We just returned from the Island Princess. We were able to use previously purchased coffee cards for speciality coffees. On a coffee card not purchased on the current ship a "punch" is made for each coffee, even brewed coffee.

There is a coffee bar on deck five. In the afternoon, cookies and milk are served in the area. also, small pastries in the morning. Small sandwiches in the afternoon.

Have a great cruise!

Shirley

• 4 weeks later...
Coffee made from a syrup is at no charge in the dining rooms, the buffet and from room service. Fresh brewed is not available at those locations.

I've never found the free coffee to be 'sweet' like if made from 'syrup' & is made from 'concentrate'. :rolleyes:

syrup

1. any of various thick, sweet liquids prepared for table use from molasses, glucose, etc., water, and often a flavoring agent.

2. any of various preparations consisting of fruit juices, water, etc., boiled with sugar: raspberry syrup.

concentrate

1. to intensify; make denser, stronger, or purer, especially by the removal or reduction of liquid: to concentrate fruit juice; to concentrate a sauce by boiling it down.

OP...last week on the Island specialty coffee drinks were not only available in La Patesserie but also at the bar in the Horizon Court buffet. There was no problem using old card 'punches' for specialty coffee drinks.

I've never found the free coffee to be 'sweet' like if made from 'syrup' & is made from 'concentrate'. :rolleyes:

syrup

1. any of various thick, sweet liquids prepared for table use from molasses, glucose, etc., water, and often a flavoring agent.

2. any of various preparations consisting of fruit juices, water, etc., boiled with sugar: raspberry syrup.

concentrate

1. to intensify; make denser, stronger, or purer, especially by the removal or reduction of liquid: to concentrate fruit juice; to concentrate a sauce by boiling it down.

OP...last week on the Island specialty coffee drinks were not only available in La Patesserie but also at the bar in the Horizon Court buffet. There was no problem using old card 'punches' for specialty coffee drinks.

no text

Isn't brewed coffee complimentary?

Brewed coffee is free of charge....here is copy from princess website

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

:)

Brewed coffee is free of charge....here is copy from princess website

Café Selects Coffee Card

Enjoy 15 espresso-based hot or cold specialty coffee drinks with complimentary brewed coffee and premium tea for the duration of your cruise. Item #524 $31.00

:)

Unlimited free brewed coffee only applies during the cruise when the card is purchased & not in the situation that the OP has with a card purchased on a previous cruise that still had punches remaining. I've read posts where punches for previous cards were used for a cup of brewed coffee but I prefer to use them for specialty coffee drinks instead. :)

• 1 month later...

Does anyone remember how much it is to buy the specialty espresso drinks (cappaccinos, lattes, etc) without the card? And a cup of brewed coffee? Mocktails?

I will actually be on the Ruby Princess but figured the prices are probably similar :)

Does anyone remember how much it is to buy the specialty espresso drinks (cappaccinos, lattes, etc) without the card? And a cup of brewed coffee? Mocktails?

I will actually be on the Ruby Princess but figured the prices are probably similar :)

I like to know if anyone has had a card not all used up and was able to continue to use it on another princess cruise

I like to know if anyone has had a card not all used up and was able to continue to use it on another princess cruise

Yes, lots of people. Although, now, they have changed the system slightly. While you can still use punches on a partially-used card for specialty drinks, you may no longer use it for unlimited brewed regular coffee. If you want that, they'll take a punch. The perk (pun intended) of unlimited brewed coffee is now restricted to the voyage on which you purchased the card.

Hope this helps.

I have cards that have no punches on them. Will they let me exchange the "virgin" card for a cruise specific card under this new system? Also, if I am on a 26 day cruise that is also sold in 2 segments to others will I have to buy cards for each segment or will I buy a card that is good for the entire 26 days of my booking?

Thanks

I have cards that have no punches on them. Will they let me exchange the "virgin" card for a cruise specific card under this new system? There have been posts that his has been done on several different ships. How long into the future they will continue to do this I do not know.

Also, if I am on a 26 day cruise that is also sold in 2 segments to others will I have to buy cards for each segment or will I buy a card that is good for the entire 26 days of my booking? On another thread someone posted they were able to have this having bought the cruise as one booking. However, they had to speak to managment on the ship to get this approved. I sould seek approval during the first segment.

Thanks

see above in red

Yes, lots of people. Although, now, they have changed the system slightly. While you can still use punches on a partially-used card for specialty drinks, you may no longer use it for unlimited brewed regular coffee. If you want that, they'll take a punch. The perk (pun intended) of unlimited brewed coffee is now restricted to the voyage on which you purchased the card.

Hope this helps.

Yes, thanks for the answer although many are telling how it now applies.

I guess it will be specialty coffees to use up the card on an up coming cruise. How things keep changing.

I can't believe brewed coffee can be that expensive over this liquid stuff that they just can't issue a card for the specialty drinks.

Archived