Parking at Southampton

virginvirgo

DH is attracted to Cruisepark Southampton as cars are stored under cover. There are so many poor parking companies, was just wondering if anybody had any experience of this company - good or bad? Thanks.

Having recently read about some of the car parking companies at Heathrow and Gatwick, where cars have been left on streets, industrial estates, public car parks, and fields, please be very careful. Personally, for peace of mind I would rather pay a few pounds extra and use the 'official' parking company.

For all you that cruise from Southampton, I suggest that you do what we do, live in Southampton and a £7 taxi ride, easy.

Sorry just trying to inject a bit of humour.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Have used Airlynx in the past, well established Southampton company and very reliable, I don't know how their charges compare to the others but their airport shuttle costs are very competitive.

For all you that cruise from Southampton, I suggest that you do what we do, live in Southampton and a £7 taxi ride, easy.

Have you got a spare room?;p

Or we could park at yours for free and get a £7 taxi ride even easier :evilsmile:

Having recently read about some of the car parking companies at Heathrow and Gatwick, where cars have been left on streets, industrial estates, public car parks, and fields, please be very careful. Personally, for peace of mind I would rather pay a few pounds extra and use the 'official' parking company.

We had some photos of the same situation up here - cars parked on an industrial estate with building work going on around them. I wouldn't go past CPS for peace of mind.

We have stayed in a local hotel in the past which provided free parking for the duration of the cruise and taken a taxi back and fore to the port. We have also used the free coach service when it was Eavesway. But for shear convenience and service personally we have never experienced better than CPS. Yes they may be slightly more expensive than some other companies but we have been more than happy with the way they operate, even taking our car to the new terminal when a different cruise terminal is returned to from that of which we departed.

Used Parking4cruises many times and never had any worries or concerns and for my up and coming cruise CPS wanted £157 and Parking4cruises £109 so it is not just a few pounds and also being a past customer have always given me 5% discount on my next booking.

Used Parking4cruises many times and never had any worries or concerns and for my up and coming cruise CPS wanted £157 and Parking4cruises £109 so it is not just a few pounds and also being a past customer have always given me 5% discount on my next booking.

Exactly same experience for us also. Will be using them again in a few weeks time in June.

DH is attracted to Cruisepark Southampton as cars are stored under cover. There are so many poor parking companies, was just wondering if anybody had any experience of this company - good or bad? Thanks.

Following our posting above we used Cruisepark Southampton and service was excellent, car was where we left it and and transfers to and from ship ran like clockwork.

Like others I've only used CPS (twice) and been happy with the service. However thanks to the positive comments above I have just booked Parking4Cruises and saved £48 compared with CPS for our two week Princess cruise.

Thank you to those who posted their experiences.

Like others I've only used CPS (twice) and been happy with the service. However thanks to the positive comments above I have just booked Parking4Cruises and saved £48 compared with CPS for our two week Princess cruise.

Thank you to those who posted their experiences.

Just so you know, you can still drive up to the port building and drop your luggage with the porters like you do with CPS. After dropping off your luggage just drive over to the short term car park to drop your car off with Parking4cruises guys.

We have just returned from a 24 day back to back with our car parked with Cruisepark Southampton and were very impressed with them. The cost was competitive and the experience second to none. After arrival, the taxi arrived with only a few minutes delay and after disembarkation and a phone call to the company, was with us within 10 minutes. The warehouse where the car is parked is 10 minutes(ish) from Mayflower depending on the traffic. We have tried several parking alternatives and would recommend them.

Another happy Parking4Cruises customer here. used them 14 times in the last few years and never a problem. The only snag is they are so friendly they want to talk for ages and I want to get to the ship :D

and another one! We have now used Parking4cruises four times and have been very happy.

In fact, when going on a winter cruise, it works even better because your car is warmed up when you come to collect it.

The one time we left our car with CPS it wouldn't start as the weather had been absolutely freezing and the battery was flat. CPS did help us out with a jump start but it's nice to know that your car will start and might even be quite warm inside.