We won a cruise but it doesn't look like we'll be going!

So glad to read that somebody actually did win one of these prizes seeing as the email wasn't sent to all C & A members it would appear (and it was such a tight turn around time for entering the competition and the closing date, it kind of smacked of "we have an empty ship to fill and quickly" so to hear there was no availability was quite a shocker)!

I did enter, probably along with the rest of the UK! Given that we have heard from one of the 11 prize winners, I wonder what RCCL did to the other 10 (I'm sure it was 11 cruises that were up for grabs - rather an odd amount)? Did they hope that the winners couldn't sail a week later as well; told them also that Navigator was sold out and hoped that they wouldn't kick up a stink? Good on the OP for posting on here as I believe that RCCL UK do read CC and negative press doesn't do anybody any good in this day and age!

Hope you have a fantastic "free cruise".

When I checked the website it looked like inside GTY was still available (there is a price shown on the front page), but when you go further in it tells you they are all sold out.

Not sure exactly what you refer to as front page, but I got as far as where you add the passenger details. But if they weren't available, we can add 'bait and switch' to running an unfair contest! Possibly not RCI's finest hour :)

OP - glad it was sorted to your satisfaction!

Glad you got it all worked out. We were on Adventure this past February and won a free cruse at bingo. What kind of competition was it? We loved everything on the Adventure.

Congrats on your win! It was a simple answer a question, then get entered into a prize draw type of competition.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for your congrats/bon voyage messages. :)

The flights are booked.....have to be at the airport 6pm tomorrow!

The precruise hotel in Malaga is booked.

Most of the paperwork is sorted, although I doubt we'll be able to print off our setsail passes at this late stage.

So exciting...:D

The prize was your choice of 7 nights on Navigator Eastern Med..29th April or Adventure Western Med...28th April. Yes...this coming weekend!

...the prize had been changed to the same cruise leaving a week later.

Bigger and Bolder.:)

What you bolded and biggered (ha) said what the OP said; that it was to be one of two dates.

She was being switched to a week that wasn't one of the dates.

OP glad you get to go!

Congratulations. I didn't enter as I can't get away at short notice, but it did sound like a great prize. I've won holidays in the past when I entered competitions like a full time job, and there's nothing better than a free trip :) Enjoy x

Archived