Platinum balcony discount question

Is the discount from RCI $100 or $200 for a balcony cabin for Platinum members? We just booked a D1 cabin on the Allure and we are less than 6 months out, so we only received $75 discount from RCI. Is this right?:confused:

I believe that is correct. It's $100 if you book more than six months out on a 7 night cruise, but drops by$25 if you book inside six months.

Is the discount from RCI $100 or $200 for a balcony cabin for Platinum members? We just booked a D1 cabin on the Allure and we are less than 6 months out, so we only received $75 discount from RCI. Is this right?:confused:

Platinum Balcony Discount

$ 50 * for sailings of 3-5 nights

$100* for sailings of 6-9 nights

$200* for sailings of 10-14 nights

$200* for sailings of 15+ nights

*When booking less than 6 months from sailing date subtract $25 from each dollar amount.

My apologies if this has been answered but we have not cruised Royal for a few years so haven't spent too much time on this board.:o Is the balcony discount combinable with the C&A Savings Certificate, which we used when booking? We booked well outside the six months minimum.

My apologies if this has been answered but we have not cruised Royal for a few years so haven't spent too much time on this board.:o Is the balcony discount combinable with the C&A Savings Certificate, which we used when booking? We booked well outside the six months minimum.

No. One or the other.

Really? That's not what I was told when I booked a year ago. The RCI agent that booked me over the phone said to watch for the Savings Certificate as it can also be applied. I don't know weither that is factual though as those darn savings certificates never came out for my sailing even though this sailing is far from being full. So, bottom line, I'd guess I'd still ask.

Platinum Member- received $100 balcony savings- $100 onboard credit for rebooking a future sailing onboard. Booked this cruise a year in advance & this sailing is now double what I originally paid.

Really? That's not what I was told when I booked a year ago. The RCI agent that booked me over the phone said to watch for the Savings Certificate as it can also be applied. I don't know weither that is factual though as those darn savings certificates never came out for my sailing even though this sailing is far from being full. So, bottom line, I'd guess I'd still ask.

Platinum Member- received $100 balcony savings- $100 onboard credit for rebooking a future sailing onboard. Booked this cruise a year in advance & this sailing is now double what I originally paid.

It would not be the first time that an agent provided inaccurate information. The only way a savings certificate can be applied in combination with a balcony discount is if the cruise was booked (or you are using an NC purchased) before 7/1/2008. That's when Royal changed the rules about combining savings certificates.

Makes sense and the Next Cruise certificate could have been purchased before 2008 knowing me. I have been cruising Disney and paying regular rate (not using any discounts on my last RCI cruise on the Navigator). :)

I've tried a few times to combine with a savings certificate, and they haven't honored them. Once was after final payment, and the other was before final payment.

On a side note stock ownership credit isn't combinable with your future cruise credit as we found out.

Archived