Launderette on Regatta?

jmomma

Please make sure you get there early in the day. We had what several of my shipmates labelled "Dragon Ladies" stopping people from doing their laundry because these people did not wait inside the laundry room (aka sauna room) while their laundry was being washed. These ladies felt that because they had not waited in the laundry room the passengers were therefore not entitled to use the dryers. Thank goodness, my laundry was already in the dryer but they still tried to stop me from emptying the dryer because I had not stood and waited for the dryer to go through its cycle.:eek: Most of the passengers found the situation to be amusing and we got to the point where we would check to see if the "Dragon Ladies" were doing their laundry so we could avoid using the room at the same time. Fortunately none of them were early risers.:D

Doing laundry on the R ships is almost not worth the effort. There is one laundry room for the entire ship. If it's a sea day, the line will be long. I usually send my laundry out on the R ships as the prices are pretty reasonable (much less than hotel prices) and I prefer not to spend my vacation waiting for a machine.

On the O class ships doing laundry is easy -- there are three washers and dryers on every floor -- no wait -- lots of options if the machines on your floor happen to be in use.

I was recently on Regatta for 21 days. Did laundry 3 times and after 4 pm seems to be the best. People are at tea, trivia, happy hour and dinner.

I did not wait for my laundry, but timed my return to coincide with the end of the cycle. I would like to have seen them tell me I had no right to a dryer if I wanted one! Most of my stuff I hang to dry.

Going on Marina in a few weeks and looking forward to the availibility of the laundry. Never waited for one last fall when we were onboard. In the past, I would take enough clothes so I didn`t have to worry but find it better to travel lighter, not only due to airline restrictions, but also my aching back! Less luggage = more mobility!

Mo

I did not wait for my laundry, but timed my return to coincide with the end of the cycle. I would like to have seen them tell me I had no right to a dryer if I wanted one!

Mo

Timing is everything ;)

We have done cruises up to 32 days only once did we have a problem getting a washer

DH insisted on going at 7:30 am :eek:

Well you can guess the outcome of that trip :D:D

Anyway I also check my watch against the washer /dryer time & return a few minutes before it is due to stop

No worries;)

Lyn

Timing is everything ;)

We have done cruises up to 32 days only once did we have a problem getting a washer

DH insisted on going at 7:30 am :eek:

Well you can guess the outcome of that trip :D:D

Anyway I also check my watch against the washer /dryer time & return a few minutes before it is due to stop

No worries;)

Lyn

Lyn, as we are usually just down the hall we do the same and have never had a problem. ;)

• 3 months later...
I'm sure this was covered numerous times but could someone please tell me if there is a launderette on this ship?

Thank you!

Have never sailed on the Regatta but the deck plan shows one on Deck 7 in the center of the ship, just forward of the aft staircase. It has a picture of a hangar (next do rooms 7071 and 7068).

Have never sailed on the Regatta but the deck plan shows one on Deck 7 in the center of the ship, just forward of the aft staircase. It has a picture of a hangar (next do rooms 7071 and 7068).

7071 is on starboard side and the laundry room is on port side across from 7076 (as stated earlier) ..I also did my laundry after 4pm and never had a problem we are late diners so by 7pm when we were off to dinner I was in clean clothes..LOL..I cant imagine having to sit in that hot small room waiting for my laundry to be done..like others on this board, I checked the time and returned just as it was finished..

Jancruz1

The ship provides the detergent and you buy the tokens at the front desk which are refundable so don't be afraid to buy as many as you think you will need for the entire trip.

We were on a 23 day cruise and washed several times and yes there can be waits but I had very nice conversations with those also waiting.

Have fun.

Please make sure you get there early in the day. We had what several of my shipmates labelled "Dragon Ladies" stopping people from doing their laundry because these people did not wait inside the laundry room (aka sauna room) while their laundry was being washed. These ladies felt that because they had not waited in the laundry room the passengers were therefore not entitled to use the dryers. Thank goodness, my laundry was already in the dryer but they still tried to stop me from emptying the dryer because I had not stood and waited for the dryer to go through its cycle.:eek: Most of the passengers found the situation to be amusing and we got to the point where we would check to see if the "Dragon Ladies" were doing their laundry so we could avoid using the room at the same time. Fortunately none of them were early risers.:D

Not always "Dragon Ladies". We experienced a "Dragon Man" on Insignia's last sailing :eek:.

The Black Sea cruise just ended had no Dragon People that I discerned either.

I did happen to wait for my laundry (which I've never done before, I always went back to my cabin and returned in time to remove the wash/dry) -- but that was because Howard insisted we go in earlier than I knew we needed to that morning. (It was a port day and we weren't going on shore.) So machines were busy when we showed up and I put my laundry into two washers about 15 minutes apart.

But the benefit was that two ladies offered me their leftover drying time which worked out PERFECTLY with my wash cycles, and so I only had to pay for one dryer, not two ...

In the past we've done as Jan seems to do ... go in around cocktail hour when it's always been like a tomb. And our laundry is done by the time we want to go into dinner.

Mura

We used the laundry room on our first cruise and decided it wasn't for us....not worth the hassle in more ways than one.

We wash what we can by hand and what won't dry quickly, we send out. Prices have gone up a bit but are still very fair. Our clothing comes back nicely pressed and the laundry staff has always followed our requests for special handling.

Archived