Little French Key?

Messunderstood

I just received confirmation from Little French Key on their Facebook page that the Carnival Excursions are ending on October 24. YIPPIE!!!!!!

Lee

Dang! I was hoping it would be October first so we could avoid the extra crowd. Oh well. Fingers crossed

Dang! I was hoping it would be October first so we could avoid the extra crowd. Oh well. Fingers crossed

Here are my two cents on the whole carnival excursion. I just got back from a cruise on a carnival ship and we went to LFK on through LFK not through carnival. This place is so gorgeous and so big that it didn't feel crowded at all. We did run into people doing the carnival excursion and they were bummed cause they didn't get to stay as long as we did. I would recommend checking to see how many ships are in Port that day and of those how many are carnival. But my bet is that you will be fine. This place was a major highlight of our cruise. I HIGHLY recommend it. I hope you have fun!

• 2 weeks later...
I just received confirmation from Little French Key on their Facebook page that the Carnival Excursions are ending on October 24. YIPPIE!!!!!!

Lee

I wonder, it's still listed as an excursion for my 2-1-2015 cruise :confused:

I wonder, it's still listed as an excursion for my 2-1-2015 cruise :confused:

I'm booked through Carnival for my cruise in December and have not heard anything about it being cancelled. I'm torn between cancelling and booking something else or waiting to see what happens. I HATE to not have everything planned ahead of time so this is stressing me out! :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

I just checked the excursions for the Carnival Dream that leaves tomorrow and LFK is not listed as a choice anymore. I think it was there a week or two ago. I am booked through LFK so I don't mind and maybe that means the crowds will be smaller.

I'm booked through Carnival for my cruise in December and have not heard anything about it being cancelled. I'm torn between cancelling and booking something else or waiting to see what happens. I HATE to not have everything planned ahead of time so this is stressing me out! :eek:

It's listed as a "new" excursion for our 3-15-2015 cruise through Carnival on the Dream. Hmmm????:confused:

Lee

Very interesting. I can still book it on Carnival's web site for our Oct 2015 cruise

I'm booked privately for October 29th on a RC cruise. There are supposed to be two Carnival ships in that day as well. I'm hoping that their contract with Carnival is cancelled, but am excited to go either way. Anyone hoping to go through Carnival can still book privately....but I'm sure it would ensure less people there.

I'm wondering if the end of contract with Carnival is actually not finalized because the original posting about it on LFK's facebook page disappeared and then I got the feeling that they did not want to answer the question when someone asked a short time ago and finally received the response that it was ending October 24th. Either way I'm going to go and have a good time. I'll report when I return if I could tell if there were Carnival excursions still there unless someone beats me to it.:)

azkcruisers....

That was me that asked that question on their FB page a short time ago, and I also got the feeling they did not want to answer. But I'm glad they finally did. Hopefully their response was accurate. I hope you have a great time, and I look forward to hearing about your experience. We are going to be there on Nov. 20.

Lee

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from the Carnival Dream. We stooped in Roatan and went to Little French Key. This was absolutely the best day we have had in the caribbean. This was our 30th cruise. It is an amazing place. The food, drinks and atmosphere is amazing. They even have a zoo. My wife swam with a jaguar. The owners Kaveh and Larissa are onsite. Joel was there to make sure you have a great day. Foster was our bartender who made great cocktails. Try the monkey lala. If you go to Roatan, don't miss this place. Any questions I will do my best to answer.

Edited by DolfanNY

Just back from the Carnival Dream. We stooped in Roatan and went to Little French Key. This was absolutely the best day we have had in the caribbean. This was our 30th cruise. It is an amazing place. The food, drinks and atmosphere is amazing. They even have a zoo. My wife swam with a jaguar. The owners Kaveh and Larissa are onsite. Joel was there to make sure you have a great day. Foster was our bartender who made great cocktails. Try the monkey lala. If you go to Roatan, don't miss this place. Any questions I will do my best to answer.

Lucky girl your wife! We were at LFK in August. We also had an awesome time. But Simba was not feeling well so we did not get to see him let alone swim with him. My boys were so disappointed. I am glad he is better!

Beautiful place!!!

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

I have a bunch of questions so thank you in advance for offering to answer them! Was there more than one ship in port with you? Was it packed on LFK and did you find it hard to find chairs? Did you book privately or through the cruiseline? We are booked through Larissa and she said there were 350 people there the other day and it didn't feel crowded. :confused: That seems like a lot of people to me! Also, how did you arrange to swim with the jaguar and how much was it? My husband would really like to do this while we are there. Thanks again!

There were 3 ships in port that day. Plenty of chairs and space. Never felt crowded. We were the last to leave. We booked privately. Swimming with the jaguar was $35. Ask about it when you get to the island. Please tell Larissa and Kaveh that Monty says hello.

Edited by DolfanNY

We just got back from LFK when sailing on Carnival Dream. There were at least 2 ships there that day. We booked directly through LFK and felt like we got there earlier and left later than the people who came with the ship tour. Just ask someone as you leave the port and they will point out the LFK van. It seemed to get crowded as the day went on (when the groups from the cruise ship got there) but it didn't feel overly crowded. We had gotten our spot early and were happy there but it wasn't like there were no places to sit even as more people arrived. I think the jaguar was not feeling well because he did not swim that day. They are working on his new enclosure so maybe it will be better for him when it is done. We absolutely loved this place!

Is LFK natural or man made? Thanks

Little French Key is an island that owners Larissa and Kevah purchased for their home. They are originally from California. They have been working on the island to make it what it is today for the last 8 years. They opened it up to the public in 2011. From what I had read about the place, Kevah is an advid diver and fell in love with the place and the diving there and purchased it.

Not a man made island but they have made the island what it is today...simply a slice of heaven and opened their place up to us to visit. :)

Edited by mitsugirly

Anyone that has been there lately know if they have wifi on the island yet?

Yes, they did have wifi when we were there in October. It was best in the bar area. We just had our phones with us but it was nice to be able to send texts to our kids who were at home.