Little French Key?

Messunderstood

It is a Jaguar. He swam right behind me on Wednesday!! So cool!!

With one boat in port, do you think it will be crowded?

That's the one thing I think sucks about cruising , no secluded beaches lol

Thankfully we are the only boat in port the day I will be here :D

I read in the beginning of this thread that the owners were not going to do packages with the ships, skipped to the last few pages and saw that carnival had packages with them? What changed?

Anyway, I HAVE to swim with that cheetah... One thing I need to cross off the good old bucket list :D

Anyone noticed on the Carnival excursions page the new "Big French Key" beach excursion? LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just looked on the Carnival Site when I saw this. We were at LFK on Thursday, and had noticed somebody opened up a total rip of what they have going right next to them. I don't see the value in it at all, since its not even half of what LFK has going. Even their pictures on the Carnival website have the backdrop of LFK's structures. Seems like since LFK dropped the contract with carnival, they found another way over to that area. Sounds like lots of crowds, and a major disappointment to be starting at the LFK all day.

Just looked on the Carnival Site when I saw this. We were at LFK on Thursday, and had noticed somebody opened up a total rip of what they have going right next to them. I don't see the value in it at all, since its not even half of what LFK has going. Even their pictures on the Carnival website have the backdrop of LFK's structures. Seems like since LFK dropped the contract with carnival, they found another way over to that area. Sounds like lots of crowds, and a major disappointment to be starting at the LFK all day.

What was your experience at LFK? I plan on going in April for the first time.

I have my new complete review finished of Little French Key. It has TONS of pictures in it. It is located HERE. It runs from post #295-377. Enjoy and if there are any other questions that can be answered, just let me know.

Thank you so much! I spent all morning reading your review! I plan on going to LFK in April.. Hope Carnival cruisers don't fall for it and book their new "French Key" excursion.

Also, you've probably answered this a million times but what underwater camera are you using?

Thank you so much! I spent all morning reading your review! I plan on going to LFK in April.. Hope Carnival cruisers don't fall for it and book their new "French Key" excursion.

Also, you've probably answered this a million times but what underwater camera are you using?

You are very welcome and I hope you have a wonderful time at LFK.

As for the Carnival cruisers...you have to think about what majority of them are actually on a cruise site like this and know the difference? What majority of cruisers even know what Little French Key is to begin with? It's probably a very very small majority of people. So those booking the cruise line excursion (which are usually those that cruise and always book with the cruise line because they aren't on a site like this and have no idea about other things to do) is going to be a huge amount of people. They will still be booking this excursion and there will be a lot of them. According to Kevah, the owner at LFK, on the days Carnival is there, they sit wall to wall over there of cruisers. He said usually 200 or more just there lined up like a typical cruise excursion. :(

A million and 1 times now :D I have an Olympus 620 and Olympus 830. :p

It's funny when I came back from our cruise and our day at LFK, I immediately looked at Carnivals website to see what they had up and they still had the old listing with all of LFK's pictures still on there, but showing they no longer offered it. Now everythings different and they have the new pictures and information on there. :p

Thank you so much mitsugirly for your most recent review of LFK. We are already booked there for January and I'm more anxious than ever now! I have a few questions. On their video it says that Frenchy's is available with a full menu. Does that mean that you can take the boat over to Frenchy's at lunchtime then back to LFK again? If so, how long of a boat ride is it? I have so very picky eaters that wouldn't touch lobster, shrimp, or rice and beans so I was hoping maybe we could go to Frenchy's for burgers or something of that sort. Regarding the jaguar: Do you have to sign up for that ahead of time? Like should I email them now? Also do you recall if there was a price for just a picture and not the swim? And finally....do they choose where you sit or can you choose which beach area you want to stay at? How does that work?

Thank you so much mitsugirly for your most recent review of LFK. We are already booked there for January and I'm more anxious than ever now! I have a few questions. On their video it says that Frenchy's is available with a full menu. Does that mean that you can take the boat over to Frenchy's at lunchtime then back to LFK again? If so, how long of a boat ride is it? I have so very picky eaters that wouldn't touch lobster, shrimp, or rice and beans so I was hoping maybe we could go to Frenchy's for burgers or something of that sort. Regarding the jaguar: Do you have to sign up for that ahead of time? Like should I email them now? Also do you recall if there was a price for just a picture and not the swim? And finally....do they choose where you sit or can you choose which beach area you want to stay at? How does that work?

You are very welcome for the updated review. I'm glad you enjoyed it. I'm excited about going back again myself and I don't even have another cruise booked for the Caribbean again yet. :p

Although I have never returned to Frenchys once on LFK, I do believe that's what it's saying. If you wanted to go back over to Frenchys to eat lunch you could. They have boats running back and forth all day, so it would be VERY easy to do.

It's about 5 mintues to the island. You can see LFK right from the dock of Frenchys where you eat. It's that close.

PB110523%20copy-L.jpg

You get wrist bands when you check in (which is at Frencys on the dock) and that would allow you to go back to the island once you are done at Frenchys.

You can let them know when you check in that you are interested in the jaguar. That's usually when you tell them your package and what all you want added on and pay for it (since they don't require any payment ahead of time or a deposit, you can add on anything at that time). I don't really recall a sign up list or anything when we were there. I know that when the jaguar came out, there was an employee there with a clipboard taking names. So I imagine you can sign up on the spot as well. They also did that with riding the horses. They came over with the clipboard when we were getting on (only for them to tell the person with the clipboard there was no charge for us). I do recall them asking if anyone else wanted to do the swim while they had the jaguar out. But remember, they don't always take him out. It all depends on his "mood" during that day. I imagine before long, he will get too big to do this interaction with the people because of safety precautions. But you never know.

I don't think you can interact with the jaguar unless you pay for the swim. It's not really a "swim" so to speak. They are just in the water with him and taking pictures. They do go over to the little palapa in the water for more pictures. So basically the swim is the picture time and interaction time with the big cat. :D

You go anywhere you want to go and sit. You can change all you want and hop from beach to beach. You do everything on your own so no worries. We always like to hop around from beach to beach when we are there. Nothing is assigned seating. :)

We were there on December 3. We had the package that included lunch. I had already checked out the menu prior to booking. Frenchy's 44 does not appear to have burgers. They have a pasta with tuna and most of what we had for lunch. You can have chicken or all of the offered meats. I would encourage you to email them. They almost always get back to you within 24 hours. It may be you don't want to do lunch there. What we had was very good and cooked right there.

It was $10 for the jaguar. It was $10 to go to the reef to snorkel. It was $25 for the horses. This can all be added if you decide. They are very flexible!

We were there on December 3. We had the package that included lunch. I had already checked out the menu prior to booking. Frenchy's 44 does not appear to have burgers. They have a pasta with tuna and most of what we had for lunch. You can have chicken or all of the offered meats. I would encourage you to email them. They almost always get back to you within 24 hours. It may be you don't want to do lunch there. What we had was very good and cooked right there.

It was $10 for the jaguar. It was $10 to go to the reef to snorkel. It was $25 for the horses. This can all be added if you decide. They are very flexible!

It is only $10 for the jaguar??? Really? If I would have known this we definitely would have done it. I swore I thought I heard someone say $35 while we were there. :eek: That's why we decided against it. Darnit.

It is only $10 for the jaguar??? Really? If I would have known this we definitely would have done it. I swore I thought I heard someone say $35 while we were there. :eek: That's why we decided against it. Darnit.

:( Sorry it is $35! Age getting to me?

The only thing I did not have completely figured out was the zipline. It is not a Little French Key. You have to take a ride 7-10 minutes from LFK and it takes about 2 1/2 hours. It was raining the day we were there so we deferred from the zipline. I had to send several emails to get the scoop and still did not understand it was somewhere else until paying for the day. Was not a big deal but important to know.

• 3 weeks later...
I have my new complete review finished of Little French Key. It has TONS of pictures in it. It is located HERE. It runs from post #295-377. Enjoy and if there are any other questions that can be answered, just let me know.

Thx for your awesome reviews! They are so handy in your signature. I've read quite a few lately :D

You are very welcome. The only problem is, it won't let me add any new ones. I think I have reached my limit. :(

Oh no! Sad to hear that! They should give great contributors like yourself additional space so you aren't forced to find other means to share your reviews.