Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

Sounds like deck 11 should be avoid unless far from movie area- but isn't the rest of the deck under the pool and Spa? Best spot under hair salon or massage rooms.

Actually, the best A2 cabins are on deck 9 from 9108 back...under the carpeted area of the buffet.

IF there is noise in the middle of the night we will have power in numbers! See you on board in July!! :):D

Hi Guys, I'm with you on your sailing as well and also am booked in AQ on deck 11. It's kind of funny actually that the three of us have joined the roll call and are all staying in the same area. I will be vocal about the noise too. The 3 of us in our bathrobes in front of the Guest services Agent at 3:00am won't be pretty. LOL! :):):p

Hi Guys, I'm with you on your sailing as well and also am booked in AQ on deck 11. It's kind of funny actually that the three of us have joined the roll call and are all staying in the same area. I will be vocal about the noise too. The 3 of us in our bathrobes in front of the Guest services Agent at 3:00am won't be pretty. LOL! :):):p

LOL, that would be quite the sight!!:D There is no way they would be able to ignore all of us! Excited to hopefully meet you all on the cruise! It is getting closer and I am getting so excited!

• 4 months later...

We were in Aqua 1141 aft , could hear the advertisements if we were out on the balcony but not too loud, we enjoyed sitting out in the evening listening to the live music from the sunset bar. We would definitely book aft again loved the view!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

This is our first booked AQ accessible cabin and wonder if they are the same as the regular balcony accessible cabins which only have a tiny couch barely big enough for two? Is there any difference between the S class ships? We have the same numbered stateroom on our next two cruises; one on Eclipse and one on Equinox. Trish

Thanks! By an amazing coincidence that cabin # sound very familiar. :D

We'll be sailing in late October and looking forward to it.

Any other tips on that cabin?

We were in Aqua 1141 aft , could hear the advertisements if we were out on the balcony but not too loud, we enjoyed sitting out in the evening listening to the live music from the sunset bar. We would definitely book aft again loved the view!

Just off the Summit Bermuda run last week and we were in 1140 dead center aft. Have stayed in this cabin many times and love it. Never bothered by the new late night movies and were able to enjoy the soft music in the aft bar at night with no problems. Balcony had two arm chairs with foot stools and also had two chaise lounges. We try to book this exact cabin every year and will continue to do so.

Just off the Summit Bermuda run last week and we were in 1140 dead center aft. Have stayed in this cabin many times and love it. Never bothered by the new late night movies and were able to enjoy the soft music in the aft bar at night with no problems. Balcony had two arm chairs with foot stools and also had two chaise lounges. We try to book this exact cabin every year and will continue to do so.

We were in that same cabin for our Bermuda cruise. We loved it. The only very slight annoyance was the flag that blew all the time.

I would book that aft cabin again in a heartbeat.

funny that we are creatures of habit. We also usually book the same cabin on most of the celebrity ships. might be a good idea to step outside of our comfort zone and perhaps even have a better experience in another cabin or suite! Just got off the summit and booked it for next year. Trying the same suite on the exact opposite side next year! lol

Edited by Cruise a holic

I wish I would have seen these pictures before we cruised on the Millennium in September!! We were in cabin 1130. We probably would have changed cabins before sailing. Absolutely no privacy!

Ann:eek:

Norm, can you tell me what you mean by your post? We are looking to book an Aqua balcony room, afraid deck 9 will have limited view due to overhang.

We have been in #1130 also and although people can see you from the Sunset deck, most of them don't sit staring up at the balconies above them. Why would they? We have this cabin booked again, and #1133 for the second of the B2B. We thought the access to the Ocenview buffet was great and we enjoyed many a lunch on that balcony.

Norm, can you tell me what you mean by your post? We are looking to book an Aqua balcony room, afraid deck 9 will have limited view due to overhang.

People eating below can look up directly to your balcony. Of course they don't mean to but they do. Also there is a stairway that people walk up to go right next to the separation screen and then into the ship. One time it came unlocked and anyone could have entered our cabin if the balcony door was not shut. Of the new aqua class cabins on m class ships I'd try to stay more centered.

• 1 month later...
We are booked in Summit 1140 leaving in a few weeks. We were very excited, but worried now. I love quiet balcony reading and watching the wake with a glass of wine. A little music might be OK if not too loud or improv (e.g. high-energy Jazz), but not infomercials and "yacking" or "blasting" movies. Fingers are crossed. I will report as soon as we return.

We have noticed the trend of several cruise ships adding various sounds or activities to all public areas of ships. I do not know why those who travel to get away from noise, energy and stressful/hectic work lives are not afforded many areas of respite and quiet anymore unless you are on HAL ships where most are in bed by 8:00 or 9:00 PM. :)

I was particularly distressed to learn that the solarium is now a dance club at night! Hubby and I liked to go after dinner to relax in the T-pool and enjoy the quiet before retiring to our cabin or going to the late show depending on the days activities.

Thankfully, I am an occupational health professional with a very large supply of noise reducing ear plugs and ear muffs I can use if it gets too loud during daytime hours (don't want to spoil fun for others). Will complain if later at night or early morning.

We have this cabin on an upcoming cruise ... how was it ????

We have this cabin on an upcoming cruise ... how was it ????

I was in 1133 in July and it was fabulous!! You cannot beat the view and over sized balcony. We could not hear the TV on the roof top terrace at all. We could hear the music down at the sunset bar in the evening, but that was over by 11:00 or so, so it never bothered us. Also, smoking is no longer allowed at the sunset bar so that was not an issue either! You will love your cabin!

We were in 1141 this July & loved it , we enjoyed the amazing balcony & sitting out at night listening to the live music, we could hear the movies but it was not distracting we actually booked 1140 for next year [emoji106]🏻

I was in 1133 in July and it was fabulous!! You cannot beat the view and over sized balcony. We could not hear the TV on the roof top terrace at all. We could hear the music down at the sunset bar in the evening, but that was over by 11:00 or so, so it never bothered us. Also, smoking is no longer allowed at the sunset bar so that was not an issue either! You will love your cabin!

this is great to hear! we have 1133 booked for the dec 10th cruise! question- were there footstools with the chairs? any pics you have of the deck area? thanks much!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...