Summit deck 11 AQ aft balconies & SECRET PERKS !!!

MrJulius

Ah, Well have a wonderful cruise!

Do you know if Ruby Tuesdays here is decent, or should we jus try delivery from Mario's Famous Pizzeria? Very little sleep last night and we,re going to crash early. The weather is not conducive to walking over to the mall...don't feel like it anyway and don't want to take a taxi to eat.

Do you know if Ruby Tuesdays here is decent, or should we jus try delivery from Mario's Famous Pizzeria? Very little sleep last night and we,re going to crash early. The weather is not conducive to walking over to the mall...don't feel like it anyway and don't want to take a taxi to eat.

We have eaten here. I would rate it a 2 or 3 at best. Just my opinion. You might do better with Pizza delivery. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
Final Thoughts

These aft cabins do have pro's and con's.

In the end was this cabin the right choice???

Now that I am back home I can reflect on my time on the Summit. I have another four or five paragraphs in my head, but instead, how about this for my final thought about whether we made the right choice...

finalthoughts.jpg

Thanks for your review. Celebrity should throw you a bone as your pics/review led to my booking of 1138 - bet I wasn't the only one!

• 1 month later...
Thanks for your review. Celebrity should throw you a bone as your pics/review led to my booking of 1138 - bet I wasn't the only one!

Just booked the Summit to Bermuda today 6/26/16.

Told my TA to book it, she came back to me with deck 11 Aft cabin. At first I was :::(ugh:(:: .... an aft cabin.

Then I saw this thread. I am now psyched. :)

Thanx to everyone that has contributed.

Gotta call my TA back and find out which cabin she got us.:confused::D

Just booked the Summit to Bermuda today 6/26/16.

Told my TA to book it, she came back to me with deck 11 Aft cabin. At first I was :::(ugh:(:: .... an aft cabin.

Then I saw this thread. I am now psyched. :)

Thanx to everyone that has contributed.

Gotta call my TA back and find out which cabin she got us.:confused::D

Are you aware that Summit now has an outdoor theater and bar above these deck 11 aft cabins? It was just installed during the recent dry dock. Unfortunately, it sounds like recent cabin occupants are experiencing a lot of noise issues at all hours of the day into night. These used to be great cabins. This may not bother you, but it will bother some.

Are you aware that Summit now has an outdoor theater and bar above these deck 11 aft cabins? It was just installed during the recent dry dock. Unfortunately, it sounds like recent cabin occupants are experiencing a lot of noise issues at all hours of the day into night. These used to be great cabins. This may not bother you, but it will bother some.

Yes.

From what I have read, it will be a non issue.

I do not believe they will be whooping it up after 2:00 AM.

Do not think they will be showing any movies in the morning hours either.

Yes.

From what I have read, it will be a non issue.

I do not believe they will be whooping it up after 2:00 AM.

Do not think they will be showing any movies in the morning hours either.

No movies, but definitely Celebrity commercials playing at all hours. We had to call guest services to ask them to turn it down- our friends in the cabin next to us (1117/1119) heard it at 4AM. We called at 7AM because the music was very loud. They did turn it down, and told us to call if it got bad again.

No movies, but definitely Celebrity commercials playing at all hours. We had to call guest services to ask them to turn it down- our friends in the cabin next to us (1117/1119) heard it at 4AM. We called at 7AM because the music was very loud. They did turn it down, and told us to call if it got bad again.

And why would there be any music at 4:00 AM?

Turn it down? I guarantee you on the 6/26/2016 sailing it will be turned off.

I am on the 7/10/2016 sailing in 1131, and I too will throw a fit if there is loud music coming from the rooftop in the middle of the night. I am pretty tolerant of noise and really don't care if I hear it during the day or even at a reasonable time in the evening, but having a commercial on in the middle of the night that people can hear from their staterooms is just absurd. I am hoping they will have figured that out by the time July rolls around .

I'm with you uptowne001, we are on the July 10th sailing also cabin 1141, I agree with you, I will make a fuss if it is loud during the early morning or very late at night but hope it will all work out!

The heated mirror is not a "secret perk." As noted above, but to be more explicit and clear, all bathroom mirrors in all AQ cabins on all X ships have the heated mirror as part of the AQ amenities. They defog the glass. Maybe it's because AQ pax tend to use their showers longer due to the special massaging showers and thus fog them up more?? Who knows.

PS we recently sailed on Infinity in one of the Deck 11 cabins (might have been 1125 -- don't recall -- about in the middle on port side) with the MUTS (movies under the stars) directly above and never once were bothered by noise. Take it FWIW.

Edited by jan-n-john

I'm with you uptowne001, we are on the July 10th sailing also cabin 1141, I agree with you, I will make a fuss if it is loud during the early morning or very late at night but hope it will all work out!

IF there is noise in the middle of the night we will have power in numbers! See you on board in July!! :):D

Aft cabin 1140 is a great cabin. We have been able to obtain this on several cruises and have it again this August to Bermuda. Never had a problem with noise or smoke and in fact when they have soft entertainment at the bar it's absolutely great to be on the super large veranda with some drinks listening to the music and watching the sea go by:)

Aft cabin 1140 is a great cabin. We have been able to obtain this on several cruises and have it again this August to Bermuda. Never had a problem with noise or smoke and in fact when they have soft entertainment at the bar it's absolutely great to be on the super large veranda with some drinks listening to the music and watching the sea go by:)

Sounds horrible:eek::D;)

We also once had 1141 on the Summit- However that was prior to the remodel. Never had a movie screen above our heads. Need to hear from those who have been on the summit in that cabin post renovations.

I am a light sleeper and we typically go to bed by 11:00- 11:30 so the noise might bother me.

Sounds like deck 11 should be avoid unless far from movie area- but isn't the rest of the deck under the pool and Spa? Best spot under hair salon or massage rooms.

Deck 11 has cabins only in the aft part of the ship. They were added during the Solsticizing of the ship a few years ago. All of the cabins are under the Rooftop Terrace area.

They were playing the Alaska infomercial, which has a musical soundtrack. Not sure why they'd play it in the middle of the night tho!

We are booked in Summit 1140 leaving in a few weeks. We were very excited, but worried now. I love quiet balcony reading and watching the wake with a glass of wine. A little music might be OK if not too loud or improv (e.g. high-energy Jazz), but not infomercials and "yacking" or "blasting" movies. Fingers are crossed. I will report as soon as we return.

We have noticed the trend of several cruise ships adding various sounds or activities to all public areas of ships. I do not know why those who travel to get away from noise, energy and stressful/hectic work lives are not afforded many areas of respite and quiet anymore unless you are on HAL ships where most are in bed by 8:00 or 9:00 PM. :)

I was particularly distressed to learn that the solarium is now a dance club at night! Hubby and I liked to go after dinner to relax in the T-pool and enjoy the quiet before retiring to our cabin or going to the late show depending on the days activities.

Thankfully, I am an occupational health professional with a very large supply of noise reducing ear plugs and ear muffs I can use if it gets too loud during daytime hours (don't want to spoil fun for others). Will complain if later at night or early morning.

Edited by jkthelen

The rooftop.is really.nice and a lot of people don't know about it or where it is. Which for us this cruise is good. We watched the big short movie the other night and picture and sound was good. However i can see where the blaring infomercials would drive people crazy. What we do is bring ear plugs when we are up there relaxing after excursions. I can't speak for balconies as we don't have one but if sound bothers you, i would just bring ear plugs in case.