Ship or boat?

Does it really matter? We all need to lighten up and have fun!!!

I agree, we all know it's really a SHIP, but refer to it as a boat. It's just slang. Ship, Boat, Cruiseliner, whatever ya call it, I just want to be on it when it sails.

While on LPH2 I had a ball telling all them Marines the difference but things changed on Oct 25, 1983. I had a whole bunch fewer Marines to explain it to after that. Lost to many great men that day.

Your brother is correct.

That was a sad day for the 24th.... I was with the 11th MAU a few years later on LHA1.

And yes I had to explain what the difference was;)

It's ship, it carries boats. I've never seen a boat carry a ship.

But a tug boat can pull a ship. Boat Boat Boat

I also call a full house in poker a "boat."

And a cabin is a cruiseship "room."

And deck 7 is on floor #8 or #9, not sure cause there is definitely a deck zero & then some.

While on LPH2 I had a ball telling all them Marines the difference but things changed on Oct 25, 1983. I had a whole bunch fewer Marines to explain it to after that. Lost to many great men that day.

Your brother is correct.

I had some teeth filled on the Iwo when I was on the Boulder:) (77-80).

Thanks for the Wednesday entertainment folks. I just can't wait to get on that boat. Er ah I mean board that ship. We are in room # ????, er ah I mean cabin # ????, on the 2nd floor, er ah I mean deck 2 on the Dream Boat er , I mean aboard the Carnival Dream.

And all you are is another passenger who causes trouble and can be replaced by many other even in the middle of a cruise. Try replacing a Captain in the middle of a cruise. Also if there is trouble I hope you do not rely to much on "the hired help" because by then they may not give a ratz azz about you.
You can go on your little rants and say what what you want, but the truth is the captain is just a crew member, a higher paid member yes, but at the end of the day he is replaceable just like any other. That does not mean I don't respect his job or any other crew members job because I do. yes the captain can be replaced mid cruise by the first officer.

Please show me in my post where I said I cause problems.

Next time stick to what I said, not a bunch of lies that are only true in your head.

To the poster who somewhat dissed the Captain--you might want to remember the Captain is totally in charge of the ship and can put you off any time he wants you off.

Show some respect. He's not JUST hired help but in charge of safety, not that your cruise "goes well".

Well I did it! I went for my dental checkup and was talking to dentist and staff about my cruise and mentioned something about, when I get off the BOAT. I can't believe I said that because I know it is a SHIP LOL! Guess I wasn't thinking, right? :eek::D:p

People get tongue tied all the time. I say "I'm going on a BOAT!" b/c of the rap song about it and that video with popstarmom.

Wow!!! Apparently....i'm the only person on the forum who has ever gotten "lucky" on a boat, or a ship, canoe, raft, log, innertube, or whatever. The stand up rule still applies!!! Let's all have a beer!! What say you???? Savvy????:):D:cool:

Archived