Freedom- Poolside Soda Machines?

Really? Do they have them on the Liberty, too?

How does that work? How does Royal keep others that do not have a soda package from using the machines? Have never purchased a package because I thought we had to go to a bar tender to get drinks, and that is too much trouble. Being in the Med. this fall, we may want a nice refreshing coke when coming back from excursions. :)

Really? Do they have them on the Liberty, too?

How does that work? How does Royal keep others that do not have a soda package from using the machines? Have never purchased a package because I thought we had to go to a bar tender to get drinks, and that is too much trouble. Being in the Med. this fall, we may want a nice refreshing coke when coming back from excursions. :)

No, Liberty does not have them. As far as I am aware, only Freedom and Majesty have them. I wish they would put them on all the ships--it is much more convenient.

As far as using them, you get a soda cup in your cabin with a chip in the bottom that will activate the machine. I am not sure if there is any type of timing device to stop the "sharing" of packages.

No, Liberty does not have them. As far as I am aware, only Freedom and Majesty have them. I wish they would put them on all the ships--it is much more convenient.

As far as using them, you get a soda cup in your cabin with a chip in the bottom that will activate the machine. I am not sure if there is any type of timing device to stop the "sharing" of packages.

If I remember correctly from last year, you can only fill it every 5 minutes or so.

If I remember correctly from last year, you can only fill it every 5 minutes or so.

That would make sense. It's reportedly an RFID chip, which just transmits a number to dispenser, so they could easily manipulate software to do something like that quite easily. I'm not done any experments to determine the range of one of those readers. You know someone will try and take advantage of the process if they can.

Do they still have the soda machines set up by the pool so that you can refill your insulated cup yourself when you buy the soda package?

Others have already answered, but I thought I'd chime in that we were on FOS just a month ago and they still had the self service dispensers.

Interesting...First I have heard of these...Must have missed any discussion about them in the past....Bet you the bartenders love the machines, since it takes a load off of them constantly having to refill sodas with no tips involved for them...

D:D

There is the coke was out one of the at sea days so I dumped it out and went to hit sprite and it said I had to wait I think 5 mins if I remember right so yes there is some sort of timer built it.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk

The ones on the Majesty will be removed soon as the MJ is due to have the new Freestyle machines installed the last week of May. Should be operational June 1st. The MJ will be the ship to receive Freestyle.

if you get a drink you will not be able to get another from the dispenser right away. On our Freedom trip I filled my cup up on the way to the pool. DH was at the gym and I was trying to carry too much. Dropped my book on the ground so I put my drink on a ledge, when I stood up I knocked my drink over with my towel. Couldn't refill at the machine. Found a lounger, like I should have done in the first place, then when to the bar. DH laughed at me later, said I was lost without him. Not lost but certainly thirsty!

Archived