My Carnival Liberty Review w/ lots of pictures - April 28 - May 5, 2012

Monday, April 30, 2012 – Sea Day – Formal Night – Percy Cruz 2

We decided to sleep in a bit today but somehow my body’s internal clock still woke me up at 6:30 and I could not fall back asleep so I got up and did a few laps around the jogging track. Hubby was still fast asleep.

I really took it easy today and got some well needed R&R. Spent a few hours on serenity deck enjoying my book. When I got there around 10:30 there were no available seats right off the bat. Folks were relaxing, occupying 2 and 3 seats at a time, lying down and really stretched out and I mean well stretched out. I sort of let it be known that hey, I only needed 1 seat so someone moved over and a seat was given to me.

I enjoyed being out there for about 3 hours and then reluctantly left and had some lunch which was of course a guy’s burger.

Again, I pretty much laid around all day doing absolutely nothing and enjoying that well needed R&R with my book which just happened to be something "spicy", perfect for cruise reading. So it was time to get ready for formal night and head to dinner. We did ATD on this trip which worked out great. Decided to take some pictures while all dressed up.

2012_04_30_0244-1.jpg

I love this picture of hubby and I. I guess he still loves me and has been doing so since I was 12 years old. Lucky him.

2012_04_30_0277.jpg

We had dinner again with our new friends Candyce and Shannon and would continue to have dinner with them pretty much every night.

I really don't recall what the main show was but I do know that we enjoyed some late night adult only comedy by Percy Crew and another comedian that for the life of me, I cannot remember his name. They were both good I guess they move around quite a bit as we had also enjoyed them this past November on the Miracle.

2012_04_30_0308.jpg

Some more pictures of serenity. Seat anyone? Lots of choices available to you.

2012_04_30_0290.jpg

2012_04_30_0288.jpg

Up next, St. Thomas and Chef’s Table

Tuesday, May 1, 2012 – St. Thomas and Chef's Table

This was now going to be our first "real" beach day so mother nature realized that and gave us lots of sunshine. No complaints about the weather at all today. Now having been to St. Thomas a number of times, we decided to head to Sapphire beach this time around as I had read on the boards that the snorkeling was quite decent there. It did not disappoint.

Ready to hit the beach

2012_05_01_0337.jpg

2012_05_01_0352.jpg

Pulling into port about to dock

2012_05_01_0377.jpg

Heading to the beach

2012_05_01_0389.jpg

Taken on the drive to the beach

2012_05_01_0427.jpg

The first views arriving at sapphire beach

2012_05_01_0444.jpg

The beach was absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed our time there, ordered a few drinks and just enjoyed the water. Besides, we are getting ready for our big night with our chef’s table reservation.

There was hardly anyone at this beach. Perfect for a swim and relaxation.

2012_05_01_0482.jpg

Looking down the beach to the right

2012_05_01_0507.jpg

Looking down the beach to the left

2012_05_01_0532.jpg

2012_05_01_0553.jpg

2012_05_01_0552.jpg

Leaving the beach, this was supposed to have been our ride but decided to go with another van as it was filling up faster. Unfortunately for this driver, he will be needing the mechanic, bad.

2012_05_01_0576.jpg

Chef's table coming up tomorrow.

Monday, April 30, 2012 – Sea Day – Formal Night – Percy Cruz 2

We decided to sleep in a bit today but somehow my body’s internal clock still woke me up at 6:30 and I could not fall back asleep so I got up and did a few laps around the jogging track. Hubby was still fast asleep.

I really took it easy today and got some well needed R&R. Spent a few hours on serenity deck enjoying my book. When I got there around 10:30 there were no available seats right off the bat. Folks were relaxing, occupying 2 and 3 seats at a time, lying down and really stretched out and I mean well stretched out. I sort of let it be known that hey, I only needed 1 seat so someone moved over and a seat was given to me.

I enjoyed being out there for about 3 hours and then reluctantly left and had some lunch which was of course a guy’s burger.

Again, I pretty much laid around all day doing absolutely nothing and enjoying that well needed R&R with my book which just happened to be something "spicy", perfect for cruise reading. So it was time to get ready for formal night and head to dinner. We did ATD on this trip which worked out great. Decided to take some pictures while all dressed up.

2012_04_30_0244-1.jpg

I love this picture of hubby and I. I guess he still loves me and has been doing so since I was 12 years old. Lucky him.

2012_04_30_0277.jpg

We had dinner again with our new friends Candyce and Shannon and would continue to have dinner with them pretty much every night.

I really don't recall what the main show was but I do know that we enjoyed some late night adult only comedy by Percy Crew and another comedian that for the life of me, I cannot remember his name. They were both good I guess they move around quite a bit as we had also enjoyed them this past November on the Miracle.

2012_04_30_0308.jpg

Very nice! You two are a good looking couple! :)

Just a question...am I the only one haveing trouble reading these posts? the pictures are fine but the posts are out of margin so I have to keep switching

back & forth in order to read them.

I can read the posts ok it's only the review that is "streteched out"

progress.gif

Sorry but I am not sure what is causing that to happen but it looks fine on my screen. I am open to suggestions.

Really enjoying the review... my only complaint is that you are not posting fast enough!! LOL

Haha. Working on it.

Thank you so much for your review. It was great! We are going on the Liberty in November. Can you tell me if you had a port or starboard cabin and what your view was when you pulled into port?

I was trying to figure out if I should switch or not. Looks like in some pictures that Half Moon Cay and Grand Turk could be starboard side to have the view of the beach. I wanted to get some other people's opinion.

Thank you so much.

We did an inside cabin this time around to cut on costs as it was a last minute cruise. We got off on the port side in HMC and my recollection from being there in the past was port side is where you get off and would have the better view.

For Grand Turk, we got off on the port side but this past November, we got off on the starboard side so you just never know. I would stay with port side because as an example, it doesn't matter which side you get off on at Grand Turk, being on the port side will get you a better view of the beach if that is what you are looking for.

Cool, really enjoying the info and pics! :cool:

Couple of questions:

1. Are there any hot-tubs in the Serenity area? No two deck-plan sites seem to agree for the Serenity area on this class of ship. They might be on the deck above, where the stairs in your photo lead up to...seems like I saw one deck plan that had them up there. :confused:

2. For your St. Thomas beach trip to Sapphire Beach, did you book that through Carnival, go yourselves (getting a cab, etc.) or book it through an independent provider? You said the snorkeling was great there...did you bring your own snorkeling gear (which I'll be doing in Sept.) or was it provided?

Just a question...am I the only one haveing trouble reading these posts? the pictures are fine but the posts are out of margin so I have to keep switching back & forth in order to read them.

The reason is the photos. The photos are pretty wide, causing the browser to stretch the view horizontally so you'll have to scroll back and forth to see the text. I really wish this BBS software (Ultimate BBS, looks like) would set a max width for photos equal to the window, but oh well. :)

Unfortunately yes. The only time I went in there was the first day to take pictures.

That is about the same length of time we stayed in there...just long enough to take pics of the weird feet and hands lol.

Great review Bevie!! Really enjoying it!

Couple of questions:

1. Are there any hot-tubs in the Serenity area? No two deck-plan sites seem to agree for the Serenity area on this class of ship. They might be on the deck above, where the stairs in your photo lead up to...seems like I saw one deck plan that had them up there. :confused:

2. For your St. Thomas beach trip to Sapphire Beach, did you book that through Carnival, go yourselves (getting a cab, etc.) or book it through an independent provider? You said the snorkeling was great there...did you bring your own snorkeling gear (which I'll be doing in Sept.) or was it provided?

The reason is the photos. The photos are pretty wide, causing the browser to stretch the view horizontally so you'll have to scroll back and forth to see the text. I really wish this BBS software (Ultimate BBS, looks like) would set a max width for photos equal to the window, but oh well. :)

No hot tubs on the Serenity decks. There are two levels of loungers but upper level is smaller and only in the bow of the ship not along the sides. Hammocks are on the upper level and couches and clamshells are on the lower level and they're only on the starboard side of the lower level. Kiddie pool is on the port side.

Sapphire Beach can be reached by taxi (about $40 for 2 RT) and there is a shack you can rent snorkel gear from. Bring your own froot loops from the buffet.

Sorry but I am not sure what is causing that to happen but it looks fine on my screen. I am open to suggestions.

Haha. Working on it.

We did an inside cabin this time around to cut on costs as it was a last minute cruise. We got off on the port side in HMC and my recollection from being there in the past was port side is where you get off and would have the better view.

For Grand Turk, we got off on the port side but this past November, we got off on the starboard side so you just never know. I would stay with port side because as an example, it doesn't matter which side you get off on at Grand Turk, being on the port side will get you a better view of the beach if that is what you are looking for.

I have an inside booked for September. Is this cabin 185 sq ft or 155 as I have read somewhere else?

Loving this review... your pictures are beautiful.... and so are you! Sea blue is defintely your color... and your hubbys too... very handsome!

I have an inside booked for September. Is this cabin 185 sq ft or 155 as I have read somewhere else?

Loving this review... your pictures are beautiful.... and so are you! Sea blue is defintely your color... and your hubbys too... very handsome!

Not the OP but we had a 4E inside and it was 185 sq ft. I think the 1As are the smaller inside cabins.

And yes I completely agree...Blue really shows up their beauty!

Couple of questions:

Yep, you are correct, there is a hot-tub up the stairs. I didn't use it though.

We just took a cab there, $10 a pp for the ride. We also brought our own gear, even my snorkel vest as I myself can't get too far without it. Not really a strong swimmer so my vest always goes with me.

Ok guys, can someone help me with this?? The photos are hosted on photobucket. How do I make it a bit smaller for posting??

Once again, thank you all for your kind words, I appreciate it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not the OP but we had a 4E inside and it was 185 sq ft. I think the 1As are the smaller inside cabins.

And yes I completely agree...Blue really shows up their beauty!

Thank you for the info on the cabin. we are in a inside on panarama. Thought 155 was a bit small... 185 will be fine!

Ok guys, can someone help me with this?? The photos are hosted on photobucket. How do I make it a bit smaller for posting??

please don't change the size of your pics... they are perfect... and I am really enjoying them.. I prefer the larger pics.. :)

I am wondering if it is someone elses browser... I dont have to scroll back and forth at all... it is perfect on my screen...

Oops!! We were standing on the upper level of serenity as we pulled into St. Thomas and I really thought there was a hot-tub there as hubby was standing on the edge of it taking a picture. But I was wrong. Thanks for the clarification. Too early in the day for me to have been drinking and not remember this LOL.

First, look at the size of your pictures when you download to your computer file. You can resize these in your folder before uploading to Photobucket.I thought Photobucket had an option to do small, medium, large when initially uploading the pictures. Getting ready to do this myself, so probably need a refresher too. Also when you upload to CC, and you're still in draft mode, you can resize them a bit if they're a little too big. But from both IE at work and Forefox from home, your photos look very good to me, so just keep on keeping on what you're doing now.

Archived