The Naughty Room?

Eve

I've read on other boards about "The Naughty Room"--the place you go on other ships to claim baggage that has been flagged by security. Most people have had their bags flagged after X-ray revealed prohibited items such as irons or liquor. In all my travels with Celebrity, I have never heard of this. Has anyone had their bag flagged, or confiscated and had to report somewhere on board to retrieve it?

I've read on other boards about "The Naughty Room"--the place you go on other ships to claim baggage that has been flagged by security. Most people have had their bags flagged after X-ray revealed prohibited items such as irons or liquor. In all my travels with Celebrity, I have never heard of this. Has anyone had their bag flagged, or confiscated and had to report somewhere on board to retrieve it?

:cool:What the poster really meant to say is can you smuggle booze and get away with it, or will you get caught. After sailing RCCL many times, I have scheduled my first X. Rum Runners have worked for me my last four cruises since I have discovered them, thanks to CC. Love that Baileys in our coffees:cool:What kind of luck do you folks have on X, or are you to sofisticated to try such a low life trick, LOL:cool:JACK IS SAILING AGAIN

carry your 2 bottles of wine on board, pay for your drinks like everyone else.

If your wife needs an iron that bad, just pay the couple of bucks to have her dressed pressed.

On our last cruise (jan 2012), the man 3 cabins down from us complained non stop to the room steward on the first evening of his cruise because Celebrity "mishandled" his checked bags and broke one of his bottles of Scotch which was now all over his clothes. The poor steward finally called security. The woman officer listened with great patience, but finally told him that it was not Celebrity's fault he packed (smuggled) a bottle of scotch in his luggage and that if he continued to abuse the steward, the only part of Puerto Rico he would be seeing was the inside of a jail cell.

I got called for a power strip in my luggage. I was shocked by how much smuggled booze I saw on a table in the naughty room. Seems like they have gotten really good at finding the stuff---even in rum runners.

I had to go to the "Naughty Room" last summer on Eclipse because I had packed a travel iron. I always travel with one and did not know they were not allowed. It was given back to me on the last afternoon of the cruise - funny how they do not worry about causing a fire on the last evening, after I had paid to have the rest of my clothes ironed. They did not take my hair tongs, even thouigh they were packed in the same bag - funny that!

I went to the Naughty Room on Century this past March. DH carries a small pair of scissors (he has a full beard) in his gear bag.

The place was packed. I was quite surprised at how sophisticated their x-ray machine was. Each bag was x-rayed in front of the passenger, then opened to verify the item found on the x-ray. Many bottles, irons, and rum runners were being pulled out from many bags.

I remember wishing "if only TSA were so thorough".

By the way - no problem keeping DH's scissors. The security officer apologized and thanked me for my time.

carry your 2 bottles of wine on board, pay for your drinks like everyone else.

If your wife needs an iron that bad, just pay the couple of bucks to have her dressed pressed.

On our last cruise (jan 2012), the man 3 cabins down from us complained non stop to the room steward on the first evening of his cruise because Celebrity "mishandled" his checked bags and broke one of his bottles of Scotch which was now all over his clothes. The poor steward finally called security. The woman officer listened with great patience, but finally told him that it was not Celebrity's fault he packed (smuggled) a bottle of scotch in his luggage and that if he continued to abuse the steward, the only part of Puerto Rico he would be seeing was the inside of a jail cell.

Shame on him for not using a wine diaper. http://winediaper.com/wine-diaper-products.html

Does anyone know if flat irons for hair are allowed?

I took my curling iron with no problem. I would think a flat iron would be okay as well.

I'm pretty sure that if they did not allow these kinds of items, there would be very few women on board.

I got called for a power strip in my luggage. I was shocked by how much smuggled booze I saw on a table in the naughty room. Seems like they have gotten really good at finding the stuff---even in rum runners.

Did they confiscate the power strip?

I took my curling iron with no problem. I would think a flat iron would be okay as well.

I'm pretty sure that if they did not allow these kinds of items, there would be very few women on board.

Hair irons are allowed but clothing irons are not:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas
  • Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint
  • Alcoholic Beverages**

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Sorry - posted before I meant to previously:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_during_cruise%2FplanAndBook%2FbeforeYouGo%2Fchickletpanel.do%3Fpagename%3Dbefore_you_go_during_cruise

"Prohibited Items

Items with Heating Elements or Open Flames

Certain items that generate heat or produce an open flame are not permitted on ship. This includes clothing irons, hotplates, candles, incense and any other item that may create a fire hazard. Curling irons and hair dryers are allowed."

I had to claim my bag once because of a small pair of pliers and wire cutters for jewellery making. They were confiscated but returned to me the next day after the supervisor saw my work in progress. Like the previous poster I was amazed to see how many irons and steamers were confiscated as well as various bottles of booze. The electrical stuff could be claimed at the end of the cruise, but the liquor was gone for ever.

Sheila

Last year, we only had 2 of our three bags delivered to our stateroom. After unpacking those and getting settled in, I noticed a note on the floor by the door asking me to come down to "customer service" to claim my third bag. I went downstairs to the desk and the girl directed me to this small room with seberal people in line. When it was my turn, I told the guy that I was here for my bag and pointed it out to him. He asked me if I had any alcohol and I told him no. He handed me my gab and thanked me for my time. He never even opened it.

By the way, both of the bags that were delivered to our stateroom each had a bottle of alcohol in them. :D

The guy in front of me had an entire 2 litter bottle filled with vodka confescated. :eek:

Hair irons are allowed but clothing irons are not:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/beforeYouGo/tabLanding.do?pagename=before_you_go_gateway&tab=before_you_go_getting_ready

For the safety of our guests and crew there are certain items that are not allowed onboard. If these are found they will be confiscated. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned.

• Firearms & Ammunition, including realistic replicas
  • Sharp Objects, including knives and scissors*
  • Illegal Drugs & Substances
  • Candles & Incense
  • Coffee Makers, Clothes Irons, & Hot Plates
  • Baseball Bats, Hockey Sticks, Cricket Bats, Bows and Arrows
  • Skateboards & Surfboards
  • Martial Arts Gear
  • Self-Defense Gear, including handcuffs, pepper spray and night sticks
  • Flammable Liquids and Explosives, including lighter fluid and fireworks
  • HAM Radios
  • Dangerous Chemicals, including bleach and paint
  • Alcoholic Beverages**

*Personal grooming items such as safety razors are allowed. Scissors with blade length less than 4 inches are allowed.

**Two bottles wine per stateroom are allowed on embarkation day, subject to corkage fees.

Hi Ali. Bill and I send big hugs to both of you!

Karyn

I had to go to the "Naughty Room" last summer on Eclipse because I had packed a travel iron. I always travel with one and did not know they were not allowed. It was given back to me on the last afternoon of the cruise - funny how they do not worry about causing a fire on the last evening, after I had paid to have the rest of my clothes ironed. They did not take my hair tongs, even thouigh they were packed in the same bag - funny that!

Just FYI, travel irons are not permitted in rooms even on the ships that provide free laundry rooms with irons and ironing boards. It truly is a safety issue.

Does anyone know if flat irons for hair are allowed?

My luggage was held in the naughty room because I had a flatiron in it. I sent the butler :D and he retrieved my luggage. Yes, the flatiron was still in it. :p

Archived