Both dinner seatings full?

5Stringer

We just booked the Eclipse for a 14 day Caribbean cruise next January and although we preferred the early seating our TA told us the wait list was maxed out, so we went with the second seating which was also full, but we were put on the wait list for that seating.

Does is seem odd that both seatings are full already?

What do you think my chances are of getting into the second seating?:confused:

Are you on the Jan 26 Eclipse sailing if so go to our roll call. The ship is almost full on this one the the next one. I'm on both.

Something else for your info, go the first day as soon as you board to the Dining Room (where the staff will be, not sure which one starts around 1 pm -4 pm) and request your dining time and table then. They will be happy to help you get what you want, them aim to please you.

I am in Blu but have Early Dining selected and am not waitlisted. I will not be in the Dining Room so that will free a seat up. All those in Blu must choose a Dining time (early, late or select). Most will not be in the Dining Room as they will be in Blu but it takes seats from the Dining Room for now.

It could depend upon your Captains Club status and cabin booking. The higher category cabins offer more options. On my last cruise, we requested a table for 6 traditional at 6pm. At the time we booked, we were told that only the 2 elites could dine at 6pm and the 4 others had to dine at 8:30PM. Since we were traveling as a family including a baby, we said that we wouldn't book unless we were guaranteed the early seating. I called Miami and the problem was settled.. We all ate at 6pm. Try to settlke the issue now. Don't wait until you are on the ship. It is true that once on board, there are people who request changes. At that time, you are in a trading places situation. If nobody wants to change, then you'll be stuck.

I have a similar problem. I'm sailing a Panama Canal cruise solo in November, and would like the late seating. Booked myself online (I don't have a TA and don't really know how to find a good one that I can trust), and the late seating is full, but I was booked into the 6:00. I can't eat dinner at 6:00! lol

So my choice is to stick with that or go to the Select. I've done that type of seating on several other cruises, but always with someone (so that if I got stuck at either a bad table or a table by ourselves, I'd at least have my travel partner). Not sure I want to do that as a solo.

Hoping to get into the late seating somehow.

We booked the May 27th cruise on the Summit. Both seating where full, my travel agent checked. We were then assigned Select seating and waitlisted for late seating, our preference. The travel agent advised us to go to the Maitre D' once on board to move to late seating but we think we're going to give select seating a try.

We just booked the Eclipse for a 14 day Caribbean cruise next January and although we preferred the early seating our TA told us the wait list was maxed out, so we went with the second seating which was also full, but we were put on the wait list for that seating.

Hi

We booked our July Cruise way back in April 2011 as soon as it came on

sale, and on our confirmations forms its 8.45 with waitlist :confused: I can not

believe MDR is full on the day it went on sale there is still lots of

rooms left on the Celebrity site.

If any comfort we have had this a couple of times and always

got out choice of table number and time of sitting, as soon as we

are on ship and have card in cabin we go along to check its a table for 2 which we requested and we like the position.

Mrs Blue Sky

The advice that those in Blu must adopt a seating time is incorrect. You can go to dinner or breakfast anytime during the appropriate hours.

We must choose one for now to book but I know Blu is anytime dining. It is just when you book you must choose a time. The book holds a place only.

I have a similar problem. I'm sailing a Panama Canal cruise solo in November, and would like the late seating. Booked myself online (I don't have a TA and don't really know how to find a good one that I can trust), and the late seating is full, but I was booked into the 6:00. I can't eat dinner at 6:00! lol

So my choice is to stick with that or go to the Select. I've done that type of seating on several other cruises, but always with someone (so that if I got stuck at either a bad table or a table by ourselves, I'd at least have my travel partner). Not sure I want to do that as a solo.

Hoping to get into the late seating somehow.

Took the Silhouette TA solo last yr and will be doing the same this Dec. I wouldn't hesitate to book Select. If you go alone, you will be seated with others so it's a nice way of getting to know others without being committed the entire cruise.

Through our roll call, we located other solos and planned a Solo Formal Night. Worked out so well we gathered on the 2nd one together as well.

Not likely that you'd be seated alone in the DR. Even when I wanted to do that at breakfast or lunch, it was very hard not to be put with others.

Select dining gave me just the flexibility I needed!:)

I wonder if X is holding a certain number of tables, for the time being, for people who will book and insist on Select (is that what Anytime Dining is called?) Maybe they start with percentages for each option, since all use the same dining room. If by a certain date they haven't filled Select, they would make those tables available for traditional. Just a guess.

Sounds like a computer system fault - I would get your travel agent to contact Celebrity and point out what information they are getting

Thanks for the advice. I called X myself and the person told me that there was 5 spots open for early seating, but my TA had to call and get us put in there, which she did the next day. Whew!

I wonder if X is holding a certain number of tables, for the time being, for people who will book and insist on Select (is that what Anytime Dining is called?) Maybe they start with percentages for each option, since all use the same dining room. If by a certain date they haven't filled Select, they would make those tables available for traditional. Just a guess.

My TA mentioned that by no means does that mean no new seats will be made available- they do make additional seats available leading up to the cruise. I called X myself and found that we could get early seating, this less that a week after we were waitlisted.

Archived