Royal Kicked Us Off!!!

I just typed www.royal.......com on my computer and when the website opens -- there is my name "Welcome, Kathryn" -- I had never noticed that, have you all???

That's why they had my name from the second I searched on 5/21 Monarch cabins available on 4/18!!! Yes, wierd & creepy!!!

Oh yes, 4 months ago I nearly bought RC Stock -- guess that wont be happening, OR maybe I should!!!!

Just before the Costa Concordia disaster, I was considering buying Carnival Stock but didn't -- thankfully.....

That's weird but did you sign up for emails or anything? Booked before or something? I'm just trowing things out there ha-KD

I just have to say maybe they actually are doing the re-training...I called in the other day for a question and before I got off the phone I was thoughly drilled about my kids in there cabin. I am remarried as is my husband so we have 4 kids all with different names. I was asked how are they all my kids if our names are different...I expained and then was asked if I had birthcertificates to prove it!!!!! I was so angry by the time I got off the phone I couldnt see straight!!!:mad: I cant wait to try to get on board!!!:( and in the end the guy didnt even help with my question.

So just to be clear for myself. I'm travelling with my two kids and my niece and nephew. We are all in the same cabin..(family). The kids are all under 16. I'm I going to have any problems...?

Obviously I will have proper paperwork for all the kids.. but I don't want to be denied boarding or something.. since I'm an "aunt" and not their parent.

Pabrett46

So just to be clear for myself. I'm travelling with my two kids and my niece and nephew. We are all in the same cabin..(family). The kids are all under 16. I'm I going to have any problems...?

Obviously I will have proper paperwork for all the kids.. but I don't want to be denied boarding or something.. since I'm an "aunt" and not their parent.

Pabrett46

do you all have the same last name? if so no problem! I would think with you all in the same cabin you will be fine. we have my dh and I in a cabin with a balcony and our 4 kids with different last names in an inside cabin across the hall and none of the kids are over 21, that was another part of the issue.

Dmom + pabrett -- Hope NOTHING goes wrong for your wonderful trips!!!

Honestly RC is getting "beyond picky"!! As I said in a previous posting here: No hotel-condo-timeshare, etc. ever asks who all is occupying the place, ages, relationships etc. We have Wyndham timeshare points and yes I have to list occupants in my unit on each stay BUT no ages and no relationships!!!! You check in and they say "How many keys?"

do you all have the same last name? if so no problem! I would think with you all in the same cabin you will be fine. we have my dh and I in a cabin with a balcony and our 4 kids with different last names in an inside cabin across the hall and none of the kids are over 21, that was another part of the issue.

Well my kids and I do .. but my niece and nephew have a different last name. I thought since we were in the same cabin it wouldn't be a problem. I'll call RCI to make sure.

pabrett46

Much as I like Royal Caribbean, if I was traveling with a group of minors like you are, I would be looking elsewhere.

As far as connecting cabins go, I stay away from them if at all possible. The walls are paper thin enough as it is. I don't like hearing my neighbors' every move. I don't know why anyone would book one if a decent non-connecting one was available unless there was an absolute need (like traveling with your own kids)

Gotta agree with that, I would never take a connecting cabin if I did not have anyone to connect to......The noise factor and the modifcations to floor plans and furniture placement are just not worth it.

Dmom + pabrett -- Hope NOTHING goes wrong for your wonderful trips!!!

Honestly RC is getting "beyond picky"!! As I said in a previous posting here: No hotel-condo-timeshare, etc. ever asks who all is occupying the place, ages, relationships etc. We have Wyndham timeshare points and yes I have to list occupants in my unit on each stay BUT no ages and no relationships!!!! You check in and they say "How many keys?"

While I am so sorry for what you have been through and the dissappointment you and your family went through, I am not sure you are comparing apples to apples here. The Condo/Time share stays put and does not enter into foriegn countries with various immigration/visitor laws. That is likely the difference.

I am glad you got your money back, and while I am never a big cheer leader for additional compensation, this is a case where they owe you more than your money back.

While I am so sorry for what you have been through and the dissappointment you and your family went through, I am not sure you are comparing apples to apples here. The Condo/Time share stays put and does not enter into foriegn countries with various immigration/visitor laws. That is likely the difference.

I am glad you got your money back, and while I am never a big cheer leader for additional compensation, this is a case where they owe you more than your money back.

While I understand your point, I don't see how it applies to where a cabin on a ship is located. Connecting - next door but not connecting - directly across the hall - down the hall within eyesight (thats what we were told once), etc. It's very confusing. You don't know if what you're hearing is ever right.

I think the biggest problem here isn't the policy itself, but rather the way RCI put it across to you, and without adequately explaining it and offering a solution. Shame on them. Unfortunately, it seems to be a growing trend with their CS reps.

I can not believe they did not give you a LARGE OBC for your next cruise .. that really STINKS!!! :eek::rolleyes::(

I would be writing another letter to Mr. Goldstein.

Mr. Fain might be a better idea, never had much luck with Mr. Goldsteins office

I think the biggest problem here isn't the policy itself, but rather the way RCI put it across to you, and without adequately explaining it and offering a solution. Shame on them. Unfortunately, it seems to be a growing trend with their CS reps.

Royal Caribbean has recently re-trained their CS reps. In recognition of this increased training their titles are being changed up one full grade... to BS reps.:eek:

My daughter and boyfriend (both 21) had tried to book a cruise. We were told by the travel agent the majority of cruise lines will not allow someone under the age of 25 to be alone in a room. So in order for the two of them to go on a cruise, they would have to someone over the age of 25 to room with them. I wonder if this came into play. Since it sounds like the girls are in their own room.

The policy is worded that YOUR kids can stay in their own cabin.

The children that the OP is traveling with are NOT her own kids.

Therefore, she is not within the policy.

Q:* What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy?

A:* No Guest younger than the age twenty-one (21) will be assigned to a stateroom unless accompanied in the same stateroom by an adult twenty-one (21) years old or older. A guest's age is established upon the first date of sailing.

This age limit will be waived for children sailing with their parents or guardians in connecting staterooms; for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military.

Certain other restrictions and conditions will apply; such as compliance with the age twenty-one (21) alcohol policy, and proof of marriage for underage couples or proof of active duty military status.required).

In your Red highlighted area it also says parents or GUARDIANS , they had a notorized paper as there legal guardians for this trip so YES they were in compliance with RCI rules

Seems a bit harsh, but if it's the Laws, then I suppose they need to abide by them.

Just for clarification..............a couple of 18 year olds can get married, join the army, buy and drive a car, own a house, but they CAN'T go on a cruise holiday?

Seems a bit harsh, but if it's the Laws, then I suppose they need to abide by them.

Just for clarification..............a couple of 18 year olds can get married, join the army, buy and drive a car, own a house, but they CAN'T go on a cruise holiday?

:confused::confused:Who says

" This age limit will be waived for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military."

:confused::confused:Who says

" This age limit will be waived for underage married couples; and for active duty members of the United States or Canadian military."

Thanks for the clarification. :rolleyes:

and can't drink a weak beer in the US :(

While I understand your point, I don't see how it applies to where a cabin on a ship is located. Connecting - next door but not connecting - directly across the hall - down the hall within eyesight (thats what we were told once), etc. It's very confusing. You don't know if what you're hearing is ever right.

My point had nothing to do with where a cabin is located, the OP had made a comparison to checking into a hotel or time share, and the establishment only getting the names of people in the room/condo. The rules are very different for vessels that enter and leave mutiple foriegn ports of call. The OP's posting I was refering to was not really applicable to the issue of cabin assignment nor was my post. The travel risks and legal issues are simply greater when traveling by ship and the rules are different.

With that being said, I still believe the OP is due more than a refund in this case. I feel terrible that they have gone through such a disappointing time. I know how much I look forward to my cruises and to have it canceled at the last minute would be the worst. Hopefully, RCCL will find a way to turn a very bad situation in to a great service solution.

Hi

I just wanted to let you know I just called RCI and here was I was told regarding my situation.

Since I am the parent of two of the children and I am taking two children who aren't my children I will be fine. If I were taking one more child with me that wasn't mine.. then we'd have a problem. So in my case I'm fine.

She did tell me they were closely monitoring this thread. I said.. well it worrisome. I don't want to be denied boarding. She said yes.. the minority policy is confusing sometimes.

Pabrett46

Archived