Celebrity Website....Just shoot me now!

Tricia724

I have read many threads on CC complaining about the problems with the Celebrity website and have had my share, but I just ran into something I haven't experienced before.

At the present time, we have two upcoming cruises booked with Celebrity....a 14-day Southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse in December and a Galapagos cruise on Xpedition next April. I just went into my cruise reservations and attempted to call up shore excursions for Eclipse. Even though it says I am looking at excursions for Eclipse, the ports keep coming up for Xpedition.....and it keeps telling me that there are no shore excursions available. I have signed in and out of the website and tried everything I know to no avail.

I know it's no news to any of you (or me) that this website is a disgrace, but I just thought I'd add my current frustration in the hopes that collectively we may inspire the powers to be at X headquarters to DO SOMETHING!

I have read many threads on CC complaining about the problems with the Celebrity website and have had my share, but I just ran into something I haven't experienced before.

At the present time, we have two upcoming cruises booked with Celebrity....a 14-day Southern Caribbean cruise on Eclipse in December and a Galapagos cruise on Xpedition next April. I just went into my cruise reservations and attempted to call up shore excursions for Eclipse. Even though it says I am looking at excursions for Eclipse, the ports keep coming up for Xpedition.....and it keeps telling me that there are no shore excursions available. I have signed in and out of the website and tried everything I know to no avail.

I know it's no news to any of you (or me) that this website is a disgrace, but I just thought I'd add my current frustration in the hopes that collectively we may inspire the powers to be at X headquarters to DO SOMETHING!

In my own experience these sort of pervaisive web site failures have less to do with technical capability and more to do with leadership and corporate governance.i think that X Corporate has heard all they need to hear about these problems and apparently it is simply not a priorety for them. After all by the time most of these web problems are experienced by their customers..they have already got the cruise deposit and perhaps even full payment so they have less incentive to address these issues in light other corporate prioreties...is it good business? Probably not..

I have been trying to download a PDF of our shore excursions for Silhouette in July for some time.

The website then comes up: "download not available", please try later.

How very trying!

This afternoon, I tried to research one of the "specials" on the X website and then back out of it to do something else on the site and two pages of gobbledegook came on the screen, with an additional warning instructing me to do something that I didn't understand. I got so freaked out that I signed out and I haven't gone back. I'm afraid that when I go back, it'll be part of my "permanent record". :eek:

Also, there's an old booking from January listed that I can't delete, even when I hit the "delete" button. I've been trying for months to delete this cancelled booking, to no avail. :confused:

In the reservation section ,when you enter a cabin # to see if it is available,nothing happens.This has to affect potential bookings.Notified Celebrity,No response.

I had the same problem trying to pull up the Wine Immersion tours. I called Capt Club. They said, yelp, it doesn't work. They turned in a report to IT for a fix. In the mean time you can email shorex@celebrity.com. They will send you a pdf of the brochure for your cruise. Just give them the resv# ship name etc.

I have had that same problem for years. If I have two cruises booked "My Celebrity" will show the same information for both cruises and will randomly flip the information back and forth. For our March 2013 cruise it shows all the shore excursions and dining reservations for Norway etc. It even lists the paid premium alcohol packages. Too bad that will eventually change. :) I have called about this many times and agree with the poster that the website is not a priority for Celebrity. I've never had a problem, once on board, but I do bring a copy of my pre-paid items.

I wonder if any one of those new Facebook millionaire guys would be willing to do some pro bono work and straighten this mess out...;)

That made me chuckle.

Seriously, a company like Celebrity should be able to grab some IT guy or gal with a bit of experience.

We just got something yesterday from Celebrity that said we needed to reprint our "Express Pass" because the name of the ship was not on it. What???!:confused:

I have had the same problem. Leave the site, empty your cache and wait about 30 minutes. Go back to manage your reservations and select only the cruise you wish to purchase excursions for. Try to pick excursions. It should now work. Good luck, sorry about the difficulties. I don't know why they can't get it took.

We've reviewed your posts about getting non-matching shore excursion information when you have more than one current booking. Our team is investigating this issue now, to find the best way to ensure this is working properly for everyone as soon as possible. We'll reply here when it is confirmed to be fixed, or to let you know you when to expect it. Thanks for your support and patience.

We've reviewed your posts about getting non-matching shore excursion information when you have more than one current booking. Our team is investigating this issue now, to find the best way to ensure this is working properly for everyone as soon as possible. We'll reply here when it is confirmed to be fixed, or to let you know you when to expect it. Thanks for your support and patience.

I think the poster: Celebrity Cruises, needs some "friends".

Ssorry guys, patience running out fast. We cannot understand why your staff in UK have so many different answers regarding missing luggage tags and guest ticket booklet. Our TA requested hard copies twice and I have also requested them twice but still nothing has been received. One minute I am told I cannot access them because our TA requested hard copies and everything has to be done by them. Now I have found that miraculously the link for pdf guest ticket booklet and baggage tag request has appeared on my on line check in page weeks after everyone else on the forum even though we booked over a year ago. I have managed to print them out although the TA could only print out 3 pages before it crashed.

Just as I thought all had been resolved I find that other members of our roll call forum have been asked to re print out their Xpress Pass as it did not have the name of the ship on it. For goodness sake guys, this is 2012, surely decent web site builders can be found.

My other comment is that all staff and customers should be made aware of your shortcomings and problems so that (a) we don't have to keep phoning on premium rate lines and (b) we are not told a different story each time we phone. As you can see, we live in the UK.

Sorry to have such a moan, I am usually a really laid back person who just wants to enjoy a lovely holiday without all these pre cruise problems.

With love xxx

They continue to keep patching and patching it, but that website is so badly mangled that every time they fix one thing, it screws up something else.

The best thing to do would be to hire competent people to design an entirely new website from scratch and test it thoroughly before implementing it.

Next time put the priority on function and useability instead of artistic attractiveness.

Let the people here on Cruise Critic beta test the new system for you for a few months. There are probably plenty of us on here who would be happy to do so.

Give us our own new "My Celebrity" accounts, to be set up just for this purpose. Let us do everything on the test system, right through making mock bookings and changes and cancellations.

It would not impact the "real" system with the true accounts or bookings at all.

That way you would be getting advance feedback not only on the problem areas, but also on which features your customers like and dislike and find easy or difficult to use.

It is always so much better to get most of the kinks out of a system before it goes live instead of continuously attempting to correct the errors and omissions afterwards, the way that Celebrity does.

I agree. I find it so hard to understand that Celebrity has such a messed up (no other way to put it) web site. Would it really cost them that much to invest in a whole new web site lay out. One that really worked and made sense? I wonder how many people gave up on that web site and just booked with another cruise line.

We should make a list of complaints or list of suggestions that they should "fix"

1. Please put MAPS with ALL itineraries. No excuses for that.

2. When you go into "details" and then back to your search list take me back to the last page I was looking at. Not page 1 of 5 pages. Drives me crazy.

what's your pet peeve.?

heir website is down again - Message keeps saying 'information not available at this time, try again later' - same old story.

I must also say that Royal Caribbean's website is coming up with the same message so perhaps their issue is system wide.

Now, to be fair, they might be doing maintenance - but it would be nice if they'd let people know with a bold message on their site a day or two beforehand that they will be performing maintenance like all other internet sites do so those of us trying to access their sites don't think there's something wrong at our end with our equipment.

I have been on the site trying to book a cruse and I keep getting a message to call or there are no cabins available.

I am wondering if it is one of those unexplainable twilight zone things telling me to book with Carnival.

Now, to be fair, they might be doing maintenance - but it would be nice if they'd let people know with a bold message on their site a day or two beforehand that they will be performing maintenance like all other internet sites do so those of us trying to access their sites don't think there's something wrong at our end with our equipment.

I noticed on the UK site on Friday that there was a red drop- down advising of maintenance this weekend.

What's with this timing out? I was right in the middle of doing something, got a phone call and when I got back to the computer, it wasn't very long, I had timed out and had to start over. If you are trying to open two different tabs to compare cruises on different lines you can time out easily .

I don't remember this before they made "upgrade"s :confused::eek::confused: to the site!

AAARRGGGHHH! :eek:

We are looking at Southern Caribbean routes for next spring on Equinox and Eclipse. We are traveling with friends who are very finicky about their cabin location. I'm trying to search for specific cabin numbers, but that function seems to be down now. In fact, when trying to search for a cabin, it kicks you completely out of the site, and you have to start all over again. So now, I'm going to have to call the reservations desk (and sit on hold), just to find out if the cabins I'm looking for are even available! :mad:

Archived