Hbo?

Silly but VERY important question!!!!

Do the TV's in the stateroom get HBO?!

I just realized the season finale of the one and only show I watch will be on while we are on the ship ACCCKKKK HA HA

The only show I watch anymore is "The Game Of Thrones"

The last show of the season ~ I will be on the ship lol

I know cruise is better then a show any day! However I would like to take an hour out of our fun to catch the last epi!

Silly but VERY important question!!!!

Do the TV's in the stateroom get HBO?!

I just realized the season finale of the one and only show I watch will be on while we are on the ship ACCCKKKK HA HA

The only show I watch anymore is "The Game Of Thrones"

The last show of the season ~ I will be on the ship lol

I know cruise is better then a show any day! However I would like to take an hour out of our fun to catch the last epi!

I've not seen HBO on any of the ships I've been on.

No but HBO tends to repeat shows ad nauseum. You could also DVR or maybe you have on demand?

We have InDEMAND. We can watch it when we get home. I was just hoping to see it well... because.... I want to know what happens and I don't want to wait a week HA HA HA

;)

The interactive HDTV menu screen listed many channels but I couldn't even find CNN or MSNBC or the Weather Channel, something of a given when we travel on land & stay at hotels - don't recall seeing HBO on it - and, even if it is listed, chances are 50:50 of whether you will see, instead: poor reception, no signal (thus, a blackened screen that flicker)

We downloaded a few DVD's to our iPads, just in case ...

Set that home DVR to record & play it when you're back from crusing, LOL :D

We have InDEMAND. We can watch it when we get home. I was just hoping to see it well... because.... I want to know what happens and I don't want to wait a week HA HA HA

;)

I am addicted too! You should really read the books. I am on the fourth one now. There is much more detail in the books. I have been pretty happy with how they are doing the HBO version.

I am addicted too! You should really read the books. I am on the fourth one now. There is much more detail in the books. I have been pretty happy with how they are doing the HBO version.

I actually have the books on my shelf... collecting dust :rolleyes:

It seems I never get the chance to sit down and read them. I keep saying I will but then get busy with other things!

My hubby has gotten hooked as well. Of course he says he only watches for the sex scenes HA HA but I know better! I think I even saw a tear last season when the big Ax fell ;)

Oh I also wanted to add that King Jeoffry needs a trip to the wood shed.. BADLY! I think if I saw on the preview that he indeed takes the trip to the woodshed I may have to cancel my cruise to see it :D

Oh I also wanted to add that King Jeoffry needs a trip to the wood shed.. BADLY! I think if I saw on the preview that he indeed takes the trip to the woodshed I may have to cancel my cruise to see it :D

Don't worry, Jeoffry will get what he has coming! If memory serves, it is not until the third book.

Don't worry, Jeoffry will get what he has coming! If memory serves, it is not until the third book.

Tonight was GOOD!!!!!!!!!! OMG I can't believe I have to wait until we get back from our cruise to see what happens next! LOL

"WAR ... IS.... HERE!!!"

Maybe if I stick aluminum foil on my husband's head and point him towards the door and make him lick his finger and bounce on one foot I will be able to get reception enough to catch it!!!! :p

You can always DVR it ,and HBO will air it again and again, Like every cable channel nowadays. HBO also puts it online and it will be there. Don't worry about a TV show when on vacation. You just won't be able to watch it until you get back, unless you want to spend megabucks streaming the episode on the ships computer. That's another option.

You can always DVR it ,and HBO will air it again and again, Like every cable channel nowadays. HBO also puts it online and it will be there. Don't worry about a TV show when on vacation. You just won't be able to watch it until you get back, unless you want to spend megabucks streaming the episode on the ships computer. That's another option.

I know. Its just how they ended it tonight... what a cliff hanger!

I will get over it and enjoy my trip and see it on InDemand when we get home.

I just am still mad that I will miss the war!

"WAR..... IS...... COMING!"

I screamed in angst when that came up on the preview for next week :p

So there's this word . . . 'torrent" . . .

Check with the cruise staff or possibly cast/musicians/broadcast folk. Good chance one of them are into it also and will be downloading it. Are you bringing our laptop? You might be able to download it in port. (or someone will :D)

Edited by sf2

So there's this word . . . 'torrent" . . .

Check with the cruise staff or possibly cast/musicians/broadcast folk. Good chance one of them are into it also and will be downloading it. Are you bringing our laptop? You might be able to download it in port. (or someone will :D)

Well.... hmm... the family did make a deal, no laptops! This is supposed to be a family vacation and we did not want everyone sitting on their laptops for the week.

hmmm .... I was the one who made the law.....

err... let me see what I can do to smuggle it in my luggage and then say, "Oops it must have accidentally fell in there while I was packing!" :D

Edited by praline3001

• 3 years later...

Bwahahaha, I just Googled this after realizing the season finale of Game of Thrones would be on MY cruise, three years later. And those who suggest waiting until we get home....Winter is coming. And soon.

Luckily, we're doing Alaska and should be able to get some sort of WiFi or cell phone signal to watch on HBO Go, unless there's been an HBO update recently?

Bwahahaha, I just Googled this after realizing the season finale of Game of Thrones would be on MY cruise, three years later. And those who suggest waiting until we get home....Winter is coming. And soon.

Luckily, we're doing Alaska and should be able to get some sort of WiFi or cell phone signal to watch on HBO Go, unless there's been an HBO update recently?

RC is waaaaaaaaaaaay too cheap to pay for HBO.

Sorry.

This thread is from 3 years ago.

But it's still relevant. The Game of Thrones Season 5 finale is coming up in 2 weeks, and most cruise lines don’t get HBO, so there are probably several people in the same boat- so to speak. ;)

And I know it’s considered bad form around here to admit that when you’re cruising you miss watching your normal tv shows or that you {gasp} watch them while you’re on a cruise, but I can completely relate. Yes, if I booked a cruise the night of the GoT finale (not to mention Silicon Valley and Veep), I’d probably be kicking myself as well.

We were on a cruise in February when Parks & Recreation had its series finale. But that cruise was on Carnival, which has a better selection of channels- they actually carry the major networks, so we ended up watching the last Parks & Rec (on NBC) in our room, and not having to use our back-up plan of watching it on OnDemand when we got home. (we were unable to DVR it due to a freak issue with TWC before we left for the cruise, but that’s a whole other story).

Edited by CatgirlNC

I wonder if they are still happy with the HBO version, especially if they are a Sansa fan...

I wonder if they are still happy with the HBO version, especially if they are a Sansa fan...

I am a book reader who is banned from speaking during the show. And I am definitely NOT happy with Sansa's storyline. (Which is one of the reasons for said ban.)