Best Time for a Caribbean Cruise

just hooked

Hi all looking at the Caribbean for next year ( late) when is the best time to go

I know anytime would be great to have a cruise:) but mainly weather wise. Would be looking at doing 14 days out of Fort Lauderdale.

Any recommendations on cruises would be appreciated

Thanks for your help:)

Roger

Hi all looking at the Caribbean for next year ( late) when is the best time to go

I know anytime would be great to have a cruise:) but mainly weather wise. Would be looking at doing 14 days out of Fort Lauderdale.

Any recommendations on cruises would be appreciated

Thanks for your help:)

Roger

Good morning. We absolutely LOVE September. Kids are all back in school...the Caribbean is BEAUTIFUL that time of the year...water is warm for swimming and snorkeling AND you get great deals. Prices drop this month....We go EVERY year....love it ..love it ...love it:):):)

Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami would work well.

I would recommend November, December or January (just avoiding the December 20 thru January 10 time frame) when it might be crowded with kits.

September has a little more risk because of Hurricanes.

Keith

Leaving out of Fort Lauderdale or Miami would work well.

I would recommend November, December or January (just avoiding the December 20 thru January 10 time frame) when it might be crowded with kits.

September has a little more risk because of Hurricanes.

Keith

I'll agree with Keith on this one, though I'd extend into Feb, even March.

September (mebbe even October) is tail end of the hurricane season - not the same problem as land-based vacations because ships can avoid them but they could mean last-minute itinerary changes.

The middle of that 20Dec - 10Jan period also tends to be more expensive, esp flights around the Christmas period.

November - & to some extent February - tend to be slow to book, and where you're most likely to get late bargains.

Other than hurricanes, the climate is pretty even year-round

Just MHO

JB :)

I'll agree with Keith on this one, though I'd extend into Feb, even March.

September (mebbe even October) is tail end of the hurricane season - not the same problem as land-based vacations because ships can avoid them but they could mean last-minute itinerary changes.

The middle of that 20Dec - 10Jan period also tends to be more expensive, esp flights around the Christmas period.

November - & to some extent February - tend to be slow to book, and where you're most likely to get late bargains.

Other than hurricanes, the climate is pretty even year-round

Just MHO

Actually the height of hurricane season is the first two weeks in September. To avoid hurricane season, wait until the very end of October.

Actually the height of hurricane season is the first two weeks in September. To avoid hurricane season, wait until the very end of October.

Admonishment duly noted ;)

Was basing it on the fact that a lot of ships re-position to the Caribbean around October - which I think also means there's a much wider choice of cruises after then?

Good morning. We absolutely LOVE September. Kids are all back in school...the Caribbean is BEAUTIFUL that time of the year...water is warm for swimming and snorkeling AND you get great deals. Prices drop this month....We go EVERY year....love it ..love it ...love it:):):)

In September there aren't a lot of choices for ships.

Most are still in Europe and Alaska and don't return until the end of Ocotber / first part of November.

In September there aren't a lot of choices for ships.

Most are still in Europe and Alaska and don't return until the end of Ocotber / first part of November.

Just expressing my opinion ....like the rest of you. After 29 cruises, at least 1/3rd of them have been in September. Never had one problem and absolutely love it. There are TONS of cruises out of Florida for the Caribbean which is what the OP was asking about.

I don't know when the best time would be but we went August 8th last year and it was hot. Even the locals were talking about it being hot. I still loved it but maybe will try a cooler time of year next time.

I like cruising in the fall as well. Last year we went in late Oct and a hurricane was heading right towards one of our ports. We ended up doing a different itenary but the weather was great, not as many kids, and public spaces didn't seem over crowded. If you can handle the chance of your itenary being adjusted at a moments notice then def go in fall. Plus it is cheaper!!

Best prices are during hurricane season.

IMHO the best time is January & February. I want to get out of the cold.

Hi Trish....February is the other Month that we travel....but I am always worried about "that blizzard" that we get. Geezzzz we had one on Halloween this year>>>>lol:)

We always fly down a day ahead of time, but Newark, JFK and Laguardia shut down for days when this happens. Do you usually get travel insurance?:o

January and February get my vote. Past hurricane season, near perfect weather, water is warm enough to enjoy, fewer kids, better price deals, and getting out of the cold season in the U.S. are my reasons.

ETA: We did our first early-December cruise based on price last year. It was ok, but weather was wetter than our Jan-Feb. cruises have ever been. It impacted our ability to enjoy both time on board (wind was terrible many nights) and in port (rain most of the day at one port, on-and-off in others).

I don't have anything to compare it with as we have done all of our Caribbean cruises in January and we have been very pleased with that time frame. Our preference has been the southern Caribbean but often the east and west get rolled into the itinerary. For two weekies both Princess and Celebrity have great itineraries.

Archived