Navigator OTS - 2 dry docks?

I'm looking at the schedule for Navigator 2013-2014. I don't see a TA coming back from Europe in the fall of 2013. RCCL says it is scheduled for a 30 day dry dock in November 2013, then a few Holiday cruises out of Galveston in December 22 and 29 2013. That's a good 6 weeks between its last Med cruise Oct 27-Nov3. Rccl also says it is scheduled for another 30 day dry dock in January 2014, then continuing to cruise out of Galveston during the spring of 2014. Is this just a scheduling glitch, or are they going to do some major renovations? The Mariner OTS only had a 1 week dry dock.

• 1 year later...

Here's what is posted on our Roll Call for the 2/5/14 4 night after she comes out of dry dock. I've also read they are added a Flow Rider.

Updated Vintages wine bar I have no knowledge of this.......

Park Café Larger selection on salad bar and sandwiches than you are use to from a Voyager class ship. (free)

Chef’s Table A small group of folks fed by the Executive Chef with a select wine with each course. (for a fee)

Giovanni’s Table Less formal than Portifino and lots more selection of great Italian food. Open for lunch at half the cover charge. My favorite! (for a fee)

Digital Signage Find the way to what you are looking for on an interactive map in all of the elevator areas

Pervasive Wi-Fi All cabins included - hopefully.

Flat-screen TVs All the old TVs are being replaced as they break. After dry dock all the "little TVs" should be gone.

Interactive TVs Same as the digital signage.....make all reservations and see how busy each venue is right from your TV.

Concierge Club Don't know if they are moving these but there will be new furniture.

Diamond Club Likely a more "concierge" like room dedicated to Diamond members. On some ships the DC has the windows and the suite concierge is still "in the dark." This is a very nice perk on Oasis & Allure overlooking the Royal Promenade.

Nursery Taking care of the babies has been an area totally left out until this program. I always say RCI has the best kid storage in the industry.

There are some other updates that didn't make the list. As they are announced I will update this list.

Maybe the TA for this year is already sold out. We have a pretty active roll call for that sailing and they were practically giving it away.

Hi mom4mom

We are on there too!:)

I am not aware of the TA being sold out.

But pricies have gone up!

The outside cabins are only category on RCL site that show unavailable!

And final payment dates have not arrived. But soon!

Also the travel agent's and packager's unsold cabins have yet to be released back to RCL.

Therefore there should be more available also at that time!

And the changes with cabins after some upgrades are made at last minute!

See you on the ship! or pre cruise luncheon:)

I'm looking at the schedule for Navigator 2013-2014. I don't see a TA coming back from Europe in the fall of 2013. RCCL says it is scheduled for a 30 day dry dock in November 2013, then a few Holiday cruises out of Galveston in December 22 and 29 2013. That's a good 6 weeks between its last Med cruise Oct 27-Nov3. Rccl also says it is scheduled for another 30 day dry dock in January 2014, then continuing to cruise out of Galveston during the spring of 2014. Is this just a scheduling glitch, or are they going to do some major renovations? The Mariner OTS only had a 1 week dry dock.

Not Rome to Galveston!

Yes look for TA Barcelona To Galveston 11/10/13 - 14 day

and repositioning from Rome to Barcelona 11/03/13 - 11/10/13 - 7day

Yes it arrives, cruses awhile

and then will go to Bahamas for drydock I believe and return to Galveston!

Navigator then is in Galveston year around

after the dry dock in January 2014.

We are on Repo and TA!

Archived