Anything new with the Margaritaville Rumor?

A few weeks back there were quite a few people mentioning that the staff of Rita's Cantina on the Allure and the staff of the Seafood Shack on the Oasis were making announcements to the PAX about these venues being replaced by Margaritaville.

I'm surprised no one has posted anything new since then about this rumor, so I'm just curious....

Has anyone who has recently been onboard either of these ships heard the same rumor from the staff of these venues? If so, can you share any details you were given? We will be cruising on the Allure in March and we're really curious which venue will be open for our enjoyment when we do :rolleyes:

Enquiring minds need to know ;)

A few weeks back there were quite a few people mentioning that the staff of Rita's Cantina on the Allure and the staff of the Seafood Shack on the Oasis were making announcements to the PAX about these venues being replaced by Margaritaville.

I'm surprised no one has posted anything new since then about this rumor, so I'm just curious....

Has anyone who has recently been onboard either of these ships heard the same rumor from the staff of these venues? If so, can you share any details you were given? We will be cruising on the Allure in March and we're really curious which venue will be open for our enjoyment when we do :rolleyes:

The silence may be telling you something, or else, RCI has clamped down on the rumor mongers. Nothing new has been reported and until it is, I would place the Margaritaville claims in the category of unsubstantiated rumors. As more ships undergo the revitalization process, we should see whether or not Rita's cantinas have been added as indicated in the preliminary descriptions. In the meantime there are still plenty of good rumors out there to keep us occupied.:D

At least you can come back and let me know. I have mixed feelings. If I went on Oasis I wouldn't use the Seafood shack and would welcome this. For Allure, Ritas is one thing I didn't do the first time and is on my list of things to try on trip #2

I have heard this information from a performer that is on a RC ship right now. As of last week, it was still being discussed.

So now we can add "performers" to the growing list of "reliable" sources of valuable inside information. ;)

At least you can come back and let me know. I have mixed feelings. If I went on Oasis I wouldn't use the Seafood shack and would welcome this. For Allure, Ritas is one thing I didn't do the first time and is on my list of things to try on trip #2

We ate at Seafood Shack despite all the negative reviews I read here on CC and surprisingly, it ended up being the best lunch we had all week! We wanted to go back, but just didn't have the time.

We had fun at Ritas when we were on Allure. The food ( imo ) wasnt nearly as bad as others made it sound. I dont know what they expect. Have fun..

We had fun at Ritas when we were on Allure. The food ( imo ) wasnt nearly as bad as others made it sound. I dont know what they expect. Have fun..

As long as I get my 3 Margaritas (sp?) and have a good time, I'll be fine. Thanks.

We ate at Seafood Shack despite all the negative reviews I read here on CC and surprisingly, it ended up being the best lunch we had all week! We wanted to go back, but just didn't have the time.

Four trips on the Oasis and four trips to the Seafood Shack for lunch. Thought it was pretty good.

Thank god....my parents growing up thought buffet was cool....NOT... Sure as cool as great grandpa trying to be cool I. Avoid margaritaville and the rip off touristy place at all cost. I would rather jump!

This would be great. The two for one price foot long cocktails would be amazing.

I say that with irony of course - it would certainly be the most expensive Margaritaville any of us will ever go to. :eek:

Oh, and I would just like to add - the young lady that ran Rita's on the Allure last year was gorgeous. She can pour tequila down my throat any time. :o

As long as I get my 3 Margaritas (sp?) and have a good time, I'll be fine. Thanks.

Bill,

We did Rita's Fiesta when on Allure last year. If you do the "Fiesta" you will get your 3 Margaritas for sure. Also if you participate in the "contest" you could also nab a shot of tequila for good measure... It was a fun gathering and everyone had a blast during our trip.

RA

Thank god....my parents growing up thought buffet was cool....NOT... Sure as cool as great grandpa trying to be cool I. Avoid margaritaville and the rip off touristy place at all cost. I would rather jump!

You are so right. Someone who actually writes his own songs, can play an instrument, can sing without digital enhancement, puts on a show people have loved for 40 years, writes best selling books, is a pilot, surfs and has become a worldwide icon, is very uncool.

You are so right. Someone who actually writes his own songs, can play an instrument, can sing without digital enhancement, puts on a show people have loved for 40 years, writes best selling books, is a pilot, surfs and has become a worldwide icon, is very uncool.

LOL Exactly.. I love the guy!

Bill,

We did Rita's Fiesta when on Allure last year. If you do the "Fiesta" you will get your 3 Margaritas for sure. Also if you participate in the "contest" you could also nab a shot of tequila for good measure... It was a fun gathering and everyone had a blast during our trip.

RA

Thanks, I will probably do this next time for the experience and fun. We aren't big eaters so if its edible good, if not, I'll hit the WJ and no loss.

We just returned from Allure. Our server at Rita's concurred that it would indeed become a Margariaville, probably sometime next year and that the focus would be more on drinks than food.

Rich posed the question at Captain's Corner on the last day and the response was: Ha, Ha....the crew knows more than we do...

Not a 'NO', although admittedly not a yes either.

Archived