Anyone remember my "lost and found" story?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630123&highlight=alpheus

First a person email from Adam Goldstein, then a call from Josh at the executive offices of RCI and now this? :confused::)

I heard from my cabin attendant Alpheus via email as well and he said he got high praises from the home office and a letter of commendation for his employee file :)

I just received this email this morning. Should I do it? I think so.

Hi Ryan,

First I want to introduce myself, my name is Meredith Bado and I do social media for Royal Caribbean. Adam Goldstein forwarded our department the letter you wrote to him about your experience with us and we would love to feature your story as one of our Royal WOW of the Weeks. I am not sure if you are familiar with our Royal WOW of the Week, each week we feature a WOW, you can see examples here on our Facebook page:

http://www.facebook.com/royalcaribbean#!/royalcaribbean/app_231230213604416

We think your story is a great one and one our fans would love!

If you are ok with this, can you please sign and email back the attached form. Also, any images you can share with us to post with the story would be great. We also like to include your city and state of residence if you do not mind as well.

Thanks and please let me know if you have any questions.

Meredith Bado

Account Executive, Interactive & Social Media

Royal Caribbean International

mbado@rccl.com | tel: 305.982.2398 | fax: 305.539.4426

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1630123&highlight=alpheus

First a person email from Adam Goldstein, then a call from Josh at the executive offices of RCI and now this? :confused::)

I heard from my cabin attendant Alpheus via email as well and he said he got high praises from the home office and a letter of commendation for his employee file :)

I just received this email this morning. Should I do it? I think so.

What a fantastic story with a happy ending. Your call of course but if it was me "I'd go for it". Obviously RCI want the positive publicity this would provide them but credit where it is due and your state room attendant did go above and beyond. Kudos to him for a great effort.

I think you should do it. After all the negative things that are said about RC it would be nice to see the positive side of things. People tend to remember negative things but sometimes there are good things that happen that will overide those negative things.

It is your choice but I sure would want to see the cabin attendant get all the praise i could give him. And, its an awesome story.

Let us know.

I would...and if you don't want to use your "real names", can always ask them to use a pseudonym...

With so many people seeming to LIVE by bad experiences, and sharing them, I think it would be great...

I say do it!!! Not only would it be great for that wonderful employee that went above and beyond, but I personally really believe that no good deeds go without notice-karma always comes back around (good and bad!) so I jump on the chance to get some good karma coming my way anytime!!!!

Hey Ryan, I think you should absolutely do this! I know how much you enjoyed the cruise we were all on and what a fan you became of the Freedom. I think it is a great way for your attendant to receive even more recognition. I'm really glad this turned out well for your Mom (please tell her I said hi). Wayne and I hope to sail with you and your Mom again one day!!!

Hey Ryan, I think you should absolutely do this! I know how much you enjoyed the cruise we were all on and what a fan you became of the Freedom. I think it is a great way for your attendant to receive even more recognition. I'm really glad this turned out well for your Mom (please tell her I said hi). Wayne and I hope to sail with you and your Mom again one day!!!

Hey! So nice to hear from you Kathy :) I will tell mom you said hello for sure. Please keep in touch and tell Wayne we said hello as well. :)

Email me anytime at ryano@etcmail dot com :)

I signed the release form and sent it back to RCI today. She told me she would let me know when its published.

Archived