Another Next Cruise Certificate Question

We bought a Next Cruise Certificate on our last cruise. Just booked a cruise and have subsequently turned my booking over to a TA. We have friends that might be interested in joining us on the cruise. Can anyone tell me if they can get the same benefits from the Next Cruise Certificate as us (thought the RC rep said that it could be used for additonal rooms for friends & family) or did both reservations have to be made at the same time?

Appreciate any input

We bought a Next Cruise Certificate on our last cruise. Just booked a cruise and have subsequently turned my booking over to a TA. We have friends that might be interested in joining us on the cruise. Can anyone tell me if they can get the same benefits from the Next Cruise Certificate as us (thought the RC rep said that it could be used for additonal rooms for friends & family) or did both reservations have to be made at the same time?

Appreciate any input

Yes, you should have received a Certificate for Friends and Family when you created your NC booking on board. Or, it might have been indicated on the Confirmation Letter you received with your NC booking.

Your family and friends have 30 days to book the same cruise. The Certificate for F&F is actually tied in to your booking number when you created your NC booking on board. If the folks using the Cert for F&F are C&A Members, they will receive the same benefits along with reduced deposit.

On the certificate it says they have 30 days after you book to book theirs, and they have to cross reference their reservations to yours. They need to submit the actual certificate to RCL, since it has your booking info on it.

From the RCI website regarding Certificates for Family and Friends.........

"A person with a Friends & Family certificate does not have to be a member of the Crown & Anchor Society program. This certificate is for you to give to anyone you wish as a bonus to come and experience a Royal Caribbean cruise vacation with you. They must use your Crown & Anchor membership number plus your reservation number when they complete their booking form. They can sign-up for the Crown & Anchor Society program while they are on their cruise vacation".

It is my understanding that they have to use the same agent as the "owner" of the Next Cruise Certificate if they booked through an agency rather than directly with the ship.

Also, I understand, if you book and the "owner" cancels the cruise, you will be required to pony up the deposit difference and will lose the $200 OBC. You will be able to keep your cabin and the price when you booked and any other OBC that is being offered from the agent.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Tucker in Texas

It is my understanding that they have to use the same agent as the "owner" of the Next Cruise Certificate if they booked through an agency rather than directly with the ship.

Also, I understand, if you book and the "owner" cancels the cruise, you will be required to pony up the deposit difference and will lose the $200 OBC. You will be able to keep your cabin and the price when you booked and any other OBC that is being offered from the agent.

Feel free to correct me if I am wrong.

Tucker in Texas

Anyone using a Certificate for F&F can book through any TA or they can even book direct with RCI.

Anyone using a Certificate for F&F can book through any TA or they can even book direct with RCI.

I asked my TA if I could book through him and he said I couldn't. When I went back and reread the e-mail, it said if my friend's NCL had been ASSIGNED to an agent when he bought it, I couldn't.

I know when I do a regular booking on board, it automatically goes to the agent I booked that particular cruise with but I don't know if a NCL automatically goes to the agent since I've never bought one.

Maybe he told me that because I am more trouble to my TA than I'm worth in commissions (lol).

Thanks for putting the record straight.

Tucker in Texas

I asked my TA if I could book through him and he said I couldn't. When I went back and reread the e-mail, it said if my friend's NCL had been ASSIGNED to an agent when he bought it, I couldn't.

I know when I do a regular booking on board, it automatically goes to the agent I booked that particular cruise with but I don't know if a NCL automatically goes to the agent since I've never bought one.

Maybe he told me that because I am more trouble to my TA than I'm worth in commissions (lol).

Thanks for putting the record straight.

Tucker in Texas

They handle the Next Cruise just like booking a specific future cruise - they will automatically assign the booking to the travel agent used for the current cruise, unless you request otherwise.

They handle the Next Cruise just like booking a specific future cruise - they will automatically assign the booking to the travel agent used for the current cruise, unless you request otherwise.

A little off topic, but do you know if the Loyalty Ambassador gets a commission off of onboard booking/NC? The reason I'm wondering is because they were pushing booking onboard more on our last cruise than usual.

A little off topic, but do you know if the Loyalty Ambassador gets a commission off of onboard booking/NC? The reason I'm wondering is because they were pushing booking onboard more on our last cruise than usual.

I don't know about commissions, but more than one LA has told me that they have "targets" to meet.

They don't get a commision per se, but, unless things have changed, they are awarded a small monetary amount once the NC has been converted into a specific cruise.

Archived