Do you like to repeat the same cruise over and over?

librarygal

Many of our friends and relatives like to take the same land vacation over and over and over. They go to the same hotels, resorts around the same time of year and ask to stay in the same room and pretty much do the same things while on vacation year after year.

How about cruising? How many of you like to do the same cruise many times? Maybe even stay in the same cabin and go the same week each year? Stick with the tried and true! How about it?

* Many oi the people I talk to on cruises have been on cruises dozens of times. But I never asked them if it was the same one.

I prefer to do different vacations, but if I go somewhere I love I'll go again. For example, I loved going to Turks and Caicos on my Ruby Princess cruise, so I made sure to pick a ship that went there for the next cruise. The next cruise had a very similar itinerary (3/4 stops were the same), but I went on Carnival instead, so it was different, too. Even with land vacations, I've gone to the same destination multiple times, but I'll stay at a different hotel and do different activities, so the vacation is always new and exciting.

Many of our friends and relatives like to take the same land vacation over and over and over. They go to the same hotels, resorts around the same time of year and ask to stay in the same room and pretty much do the same things while on vacation year after year.

How about cruising? How many of you like to do the same cruise many times? Maybe even stay in the same cabin and go the same week each year? Stick with the tried and true! How about it?

* Many oi the people I talk to on cruises have been on cruises dozens of times. But I never asked them if it was the same one.

I often go on the same cruise line, ship and often stay in the same cabin but what is usually different is the itinerary.

Keith

We have been on close to 90 cruises and it is getting harder to find new itinerareies, but we still prefer to see new places.

Having said that, I mst admit that living in Florida with 5 ports within driving distance , We have been to the Caribbean ove and over and over. In October we will be seeing Samoa for the first time.

~Doris~

We go to different places, but we we have close friends who do the same thing year after year. Same hotels, same restaurants. When she had her aging house redone, she had them put the same gray slate flooring in, and even the popcorn ceiling.

We always try to find something new on each cruise. Usually a ship we have not been on before or port of call that we have not visited. So far in 13 cruises, we have always achieved that. I think it makes going a little more interesting as you get to experience something new and different.

Tim

We've never done the exact same ship and itinerary yet, in fact have only sailed on the same ship once. But, in the Caribbean, it gets harder and harder to find any ports we haven't been to. We've been to many of those ports several times.

We try to find a cruise that has at least one or two different ports, or we try a new ship or line, but we'd do the same cruise again if we just needed to get out of the cold.

A bigger criteria for us now is going on cruises that are longer than one week. I hate doing all that flying for just 7 days--10-14 days are our minimum, anymore.

We've done the same itinerary a few times. Especially when RCI Monarch was out here, it was great for a little 3/4 night getaway. We've done the Mexican Riviera 3 times and I have to say, that gets redundant and boring, although not on the same ship every time.

I doubt we'd head south again on a local cruise, but Princess now has some coastals that head north, we'd definitely do that again.

My BIL is starting to say he wants to do land trips instead of cruises, so we may consider those within the next few years. We still like the service of a cruise, plus the fact you only unpack once. I find driving trips to be tedious and uncomfortable. The last land trip we took (3 days) it was drive and check in to the hotel the first day, one day at the destination, then repack, breakfast and back onto the road to get home the third day. We spent more than a cruise if you broke it down to daily cost.

We have done Alaska a few times where there are the same ports of call. We have also been to the Caribbean a number times and have a few more booked but we try to pick itineraries that introduce us to some new islands each time.

We do all the time.

We've done variations of the LA-Catalina-Ensenada cruise almost 20 times and have two more booked.

If we had to fly to cruise we would probably do different cruises each time.

There are so many interesting places to see in the world that we'd feel shortchanged if we went back to the same places over and over.

I feel the same way. The only way I would consider doing the same cruise over and over is if I lived in an embankment city and just needed a quick 3-4 day getaway. I would probably hop on last minute deals from time to time and would not care about visiting the same ports if the price was right. However. since I have to fly, I want everything to be as different as possibly.

However, there are a handful of ports I wouldn't mind visiting again because I did not get to do everything I wanted the first time around, but the excursions would be different, the rest of the itinerary would have to be new, it would have to be on a different ship...etc...

We're working on our "bucket list" of places to see so no repeats so far and there aren't likely to be any for a while.

This would be us as well. The only time we repeat any trip is when we just have a weekend to get away. We have some favorite places for our "have to stay in the state" getaways.

We have not duplicated any ports or ships yet. On our upcoming Explorer cruise it will be the 2nd time on this ship and 2nd time to Labadee. Other than that everything will be new.

I am with those that prefer going to new places and trying different ships.

Going on my 3rd cruise with the same cruise line but different ship. What makes it is that each time travel with different couples including this one who has never been on a cruise. Can not wait till she sees the ship like my girlfriend on our first cruise/ Just have to convince her DS and his DGF so I will have some male company

We have done 45+ cruises in the past 30 years. We have repeated about 5 ships, repeated a few itineraries but basically each cruise is different in some way. Even the same ship, twice six month later is not the same cruise, stay change, chemistry changes, that is what makes cruising interesting. :D

While our cruise dates vary, we do the same sad itinerary over and over again because we drive to the nearest port which is either Galveston or New Orleans. With two cockatiels and a cat we just can't afford to add another week to our vacation by spending three days driving to Florida and another three days driving back home.

So until we no longer have pets, it is a matter of convenience of where to cruise to.

I'm in the minority here. We've cruised 26 times mostly in just the past 10 years, so we have cruised the same ship and same itinerary many times. Our focus is the ship itself.......sometimes we get off the ship and sometimes we don't.....and when we do we almost always lately go to the same beaches or nothing more than wander around the shops at the pier...

Archived