Complementary Toiletries

Grandad

I guess the saying goes...you can't please everyone. I have read some of your complaints about the "About Rose" Collection and I'm sorry that some of you have had bad allergies due to this product. I also have allergies but had NO problems with this product! As a matter of fact I LOVE this product and I wanted to purchase it while I was sailing on Azamara Quest, however they don't sell it on board :( I saw there was a web site on the bottles so I emaild them to find out how to purchase the About Rose collection and they responded to me that at this time it's only available in fine hotels & cruise ships. They did however send me a bunch of samples because I raved about this line!!! I am very picky about lotions, I don't like to feel sticky and slimy after application and this line does not make you feel that way and the fragrance is AMAZING! I can not praise this line enough...my only disappointment is that it's not available for purchase at this time!!!

icon1.gifwe have recently taken a cruise on azamara...

we have recently taken a cruise on azamara journey and were introduced to about rose products. absolutely loved them..in fact, when we got home, i contacted azamara as to where to purchase these...would take another azamara cruise just to have about rose again. loved it all!!

I totally agree with you!! I also love this line!!!

So pleased to hear you enjoyed the products - maybe if we can get the scent of one, the performance of another and the packaging of a third we will all be very happy :)

Sometimes I wonder if it isn't all about the label.;)

I can only speak for myself , but labels mean nothing to me , I like what I like regardless of the label.

I just love Elemis and have used it for years , I also love certain M &S products and others , but I buy them because I like them and they suit me.

Hi

When I said label, I meant packaging sorry if I was a little too cryptic - label aka brand to me is as you say incidental.

I knew what you meant as I can not read the label and i do ont want body wash on my hair. if they fix that i would be very happy.

I'm afraid I would vote against the new toiletries on both the issues of fragrance and packaging. The presentation should be fixable if Azamara stays with the supplier - I also found I couldn't distinguish between the bottles with or without glasses, it made me feel very old LOL.

My main concern though is with the cloying nature of the range - we used the room freshener the once and abandoned it as we found it far too heavy. The bathroom toiletries were OK, but nothing more. I was really happy on our recent HAL trip to find all the elemis products available. I find the citrus inspired characteristics to be much more suitable for men and women.

As a man, [and I know that we don't count for much in the general scheme of things :)] I don't like the idea of a strong floral scent and I'm not sure that many other men would be keen either. Perhaps it's to help us get in touch with our feminine side whilst on holiday?:D

I don't recall any male deodorants smelling of rose, freesia, lily of the valley etc. To be honest I associate strong floral scents with my mothers' generation [80+] but I'm sure that many of you will be keen to set me right!

As a man, [and I know that we don't count for much in the general scheme of things :)] I don't like the idea of a strong floral scent and I'm not sure that many other men would be keen either. Perhaps it's to help us get in touch with our feminine side whilst on holiday?:D

I don't recall any male deodorants smelling of rose, freesia, lily of the valley etc. To be honest I associate strong floral scents with my mothers' generation [80+] but I'm sure that many of you will be keen to set me right!

I do agree with you berkshireboy, I too find anything too florally a bit old fashioned.

We stayed at a rather nice hotel in Seville recently and the toiletries were supposed to be 'luxury ' , as would befit their 5 * rating. They were horrible , the perfume was totally cloying and my DH hated them. We were only there for 3 nights so we hadn't taken soap or shampoo but we ended up buying them .

There is a reason why these products are not available to the general public and are made for ' luxury hotels and cruises '.

Hello Azamara Fragrance Followers -

With respect to your evolving sentiments of About Rose and its scent, it's to be expected. Our basic response of whether we like a scent or not, is a subjective perception which means not all of us share the same preferences.

I believe that this situation has been exacerbated by changing from a well-known "cruise-industry only" brand (Elemis) and introducing a new line of hotel toiletries with very limited brand recognition and product placement. The About Rose hotel toiletries are made entirely in Europe (by HD Fragrances) and are not sold in retail establishments at this time.

Interestingly, although there has been both some positive and negative verbal reaction onboard both vessels, the primary questions focuses on our reason for making this change. Our onboard staff has been very good at explaining the very high-end quality features of About Rose and positioning it as an enhancement to our onboard experience as well as an "exclusive" amenity to the Azamara experience.

Although I'll be following and reporting your comments to our executives, I want to let you know that Azamara is not conducting a poll about this issue on Cruise Critic. Instead, as our relationship with About Rose continues, our executive management will be following onboard guest feedback and will be joined, most importantly, by HD Fragrances' Managing Director, who is monitoring your comments on the Azamara Cruise Critic forum.

In fact, as a result, the company asked me to share that "...The About Rose toiletries collection of luxury soaps, fine toiletries and perfumed room sprays by master perfumer Olivier Decoster has now been re-launched to include a new contemporary packaging design with easy to read product information as well as improved product formulations in our Shampoo and Body Wash products to enhance conditioning/hydration results..."

Please remember that there is a presence of About Rose on our website that will be updated as we receive new information. There, you'll find what is in my opinion a succinct definition explaining the About Rose fragrance:

"The exclusive unisex fragrance reflects the current French perfume trend for sophisticated compositions inspired by the notes of tangerine, iris, wood, spice and amber. "

Further, you'll notice there are no "rose" floral ingredients in the About Rose product. However, the About Rose brand, as explained on the website refers to "Rose from Martinique" who is the namesake for the collection. Perhaps, therein lays the semantic trigger for influencing your individual sensory perception. (Simply, just my thought for your consideration.)

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/stateroom-experience/about-rose-toiletries

With respect to our adding an option for non-fragrance toiletries, we will be investigating the possibility. In the meantime, we suggest that you bring your own.

Enjoy the week ahead.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Hello Azamara Fragrance Followers -

With respect to your evolving sentiments of About Rose and its scent, it's to be expected. Our basic response of whether we like a scent or not, is a subjective perception which means not all of us share the same preferences.

I believe that this situation has been exacerbated by changing from a well-known "cruise-industry only" brand (Elemis) and introducing a new line of hotel toiletries with very limited brand recognition and product placement. The About Rose hotel toiletries are made entirely in Europe (by HD Fragrances) and are not sold in retail establishments at this time.

Interestingly, although there has been both some positive and negative verbal reaction onboard both vessels, the primary questions focuses on our reason for making this change. Our onboard staff has been very good at explaining the very high-end quality features of About Rose and positioning it as an enhancement to our onboard experience as well as an "exclusive" amenity to the Azamara experience.

Although I'll be following and reporting your comments to our executives, I want to let you know that Azamara is not conducting a poll about this issue on Cruise Critic. Instead, as our relationship with About Rose continues, our executive management will be following onboard guest feedback and will be joined, most importantly, by HD Fragrances' Managing Director, who is monitoring your comments on the Azamara Cruise Critic forum.

In fact, as a result, the company asked me to share that "...The About Rose toiletries collection of luxury soaps, fine toiletries and perfumed room sprays by master perfumer Olivier Decoster has now been re-launched to include a new contemporary packaging design with easy to read product information as well as improved product formulations in our Shampoo and Body Wash products to enhance conditioning/hydration results..."

Please remember that there is a presence of About Rose on our website that will be updated as we receive new information. There, you'll find what is in my opinion a succinct definition explaining the About Rose fragrance:

"The exclusive unisex fragrance reflects the current French perfume trend for sophisticated compositions inspired by the notes of tangerine, iris, wood, spice and amber. "

Further, you'll notice there are no "rose" floral ingredients in the About Rose product. However, the About Rose brand, as explained on the website refers to "Rose from Martinique" who is the namesake for the collection. Perhaps, therein lays the semantic trigger for influencing your individual sensory perception. (Simply, just my thought for your consideration.)

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/life-onboard/stateroom-experience/about-rose-toiletries

With respect to our adding an option for non-fragrance toiletries, we will be investigating the possibility. In the meantime, we suggest that you bring your own.

Enjoy the week ahead.

Best regards,

Bill Leiber

Chief Blogging Officer*

Azamara Club Cruises

(*CBO is an authorized and compensated representative of ACC)

Thank you for the update Bill. As Elemis is a well known spa brand here - they have concessions in many upmarket High Street department stores such as Harvey Nichols (so are not cruise industry only for us) I am sure product unfamiliarity has a part to play. In that I mean not the brand of About Rose but the " performance". Maybe we needed to use more or less shampoo each time, however as the product balance is being reviewed that is good news.

And even better news is the packaging change!

Certainly will be interested in how it stacks up next cruise but I might just pack my own conditioner just in case!!

I alwaysring my own conditioner everywhere. .I am very happy wih "About Rose". Like it as much as any other product. But the packaging needs changing. With new packaging I will love it..

If people need a different product hten fly with it. .not a big deal to carry one more bottle around;). I rather carry another pair of shoes.

I started using Elemis products on my first Azamara cruise. I now buy them at Nordstrom or online. Bring back Elemis. I am allergic to roses. About Rose is awful.

It contains no Roses..."About Rose" is the name inspired by a person...

Archived